• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Catching Tutorials

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2019
    I'm new to the PokeCommunity, and to Pokemon Essentials, and this may be a stupid question, but how do I start a catching tutorial? By that I mean the game (or in story purposes the professor) takes over and shows you how to catch a Pokemon. All I have found is a post by mej71 from 4 years ago (cant link cause new, it's called Catching Tutorial, first link on google if you search "Pokemon Essentials Catching Tutorial). If you have any idea how to call this script successfully, or of a better script, please let me know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    Someone can probably tell you a lot more than I can, but I think the one with the old man is done via animations, like in the intro. I'm not sure, though. Someone else might be able to give you more information than me.

If I'm not thinking about the right thing, maybe you're talking about when Oak interrupts the player during the rival battle? I don't know if this would work, but maybe you could try starting an autorun event that causes the battle to pause and Oak's dialogue to play? Maybe that would work? I don't know, I haven't tried it, but a lot of Essentials is just playing around with scripts and events until you get something that works. You may have to go back and tweak it several times before getting it correct.

Hmm...let me look at some scripts and get back to you...

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2019
    Someone can probably tell you a lot more than I can, but I think the one with the old man is done via animations, like in the intro.

Do you mean that in a demo map there's a man with the animations? If that's what your saying can you tell me what map? If you don't know it's no big deal, but the maps can get a bit messy.

Back