• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] [Graphics] Dead pixel line due to priority changes

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    Hello everyone, so I have a question on graphics editing using the tilesets, It's the first time I'm doing a city on Pokemon Essentials and I was wondering why do I have like a dead pixel line wherever I change the priority.
    I'm sure this bug has been resolved in another thread but I didn't find anything :(

I'm actually using the Pokemon Essentials v16.3 and if possible I would like to avoid upgrading to v19 or something like that because of the language.
    I attach the graphic screenshot in which I can see that "dead pixel line"

Thanks to everyone replying :D
    I apologise about my english writting

Attachments

• [Graphics] Dead pixel line due to priority changes
      Graphic.png
      20.8 KB · Views: 10
      Priority.png
      29.6 KB · Views: 4
      Tileset.png
      19.6 KB · Views: 5
    Years
  • I think that problem is an issue with v16, I was using and having the same problem when using an larger window size. In v19 those lines were fixed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    Thanks for your reply, I realize that lines are removed when using a bigger screen size, I'm not sure why, so I guess I'll try to make a larger default screen size. Talking about that, in order to do that I only have to modify these two attributes in settings script? Or do i need to modify anything else?

DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH = 512
    DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT = 384

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Thanks for your reply, I realize that lines are removed when using a bigger screen size, I'm not sure why, so I guess I'll try to make a larger default screen size. Talking about that, in order to do that I only have to modify these two attributes in settings script? Or do i need to modify anything else?

DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH = 512
    DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT = 384

Modifying those values will require you to modify almost every graphic relating to UI's in the game. it won't do the same thing as setting window size to large in the option menu

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    Thanks for the response, yeah I saw that would probably change the UI and other images, I guess I will make a new resolution or modify the actual ones, do you actually know what script do I have to modify in order to do that?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Thanks for the response, yeah I saw that would probably change the UI and other images, I guess I will make a new resolution or modify the actual ones, do you actually know what script do I have to modify in order to do that?

if you modify DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH & DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT, I kid you not, you will need to modify EVERY UI in the project. some of them needing higher modifications to work proper. I suggest never touching them, and if you can, update to a new version of essentials. I assume this issue is resolved in a newer version

Back