• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Sun and Rain versions

How do you think the game's processing?

• Could've been better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

• Very Bad

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
  • Remember, I'm not trying to discourage you or anything. Just giving you some words of wisdom and insight ;) Good luck with your idea, and don't get hung up on others :D

Anyway, time to comment on the first three screens:
    1) I don't see any problems
    2) There should be some kind of edge to the dock where it touches the water. Also, your text overlaps on the custom message system a little.
    3) This looks like RM2K3Kids CBS (which isn't a bad thing, mind you ;)). It also struck me that you're using a lot of his graphics. (again, an excellent thing ;)) But you'd best ask him if in fact you are using his resources.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2006
    Sharpedo said:
    @ Mewther: I'm busy making the maps, so it will take time to release a beta, because i'm going t code some things (Textbox, CBS etc.) and it needs time ;)

I Think i`m Quoting the wrong post but Who cares?!

Put All 9 starters If you can!
    You don`t have to, Just to make it A bit more intresting

Years
  • Hello everyone,

It has been a while since you last heard of me.
    You all have to know, that i DIDN'T abandon the process of making Sun/Rain.

It's processing rather well. It need to code the events.

This is what you can expect in the first beta:
    -Explore the Isle Milton (The first half)
    -rm2k3 DBS

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Glad to hear that, Sharpedo!
    I'll be waiting for the beta!

Years
  • ==========BIG UPDATE==========

Allright, it's been a while

I've released a short, technical demo of Sun version
    I'm using the DBS of rm2k3, which is very basic, sometimes you get alot of exp., but you'll have to see for yourself.

Anyway..you can get it here: http://projects.lateralshift.net/pksunrain

It's the new website of Sun/Rain. It features some screens of the game and the technical demo.

Have fun,

Sharpedo

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Wow, 2 demos released on the same day? It must be my birthday... or not. Anyways, I'll be playin yours soon. :)

Years
  • Well your game was... alright i suppose.. Bad choice of music for some towns.. Gameplay could be improved.. I didn't really like the battle system (although it was a good adaptation) And I couldn't understand why you didn't use the group battle system if you had all the files in your folders..

Years
  • Krazy_meerkat.

1) I didn't use it, because i found it difficult to understand (and i didn't have much because of school), but now i have vacation, so i'm gonna read the basics of the batle sys.
    2) What could be improved in the gameplay?
    3) Most of the town songs are from rm2k3. I'm going to use more pok?monesque songs for the game.
    4) It's only a technical demo, so it can change at any time.

Thanks for your criticism, though;) I appreciate it. That helps me to improve the game.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, you can get the hero to do certain tasks;
    which I don't see much of in the game.
    I'll post again later.

Years
  • It's only a tech demo. And it has to fullfill the task to beat the trainer on route 201. Later when a real (and i hope improved) demo comes out. It will do more tasks.

Years
  • Ok at about azelea town, the people just stop talking. They don't do anything....
    Umm... You can see the sea while walking near the edge of the maps.. just make it trees or something..

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    That's good to hear. People like me will like it a lot more if you
    do that.

Years
  • On the newest battle system, I have included a test map which has events for things which you may want to do.. Like battling, naming pokemon, healing.. Maybe buying items later..

Years
  • Even More Screens....

I've got 2 new screens. I'm planning to make very advanced use of the DBS while learing the CBS of Krazy_meerkat...At least i will use it in the demo.

Back