• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need some help making specific events

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    hello! I was wondering if someone could help me make a few specific events. I am new to this and have been watching videos on how to do it but am having some issues with how to make certain things happen

1) I would like to make an event where a NPC asks you to help them get an item but they say a pokemom stole it and they need you to get it back. After finding out the pokemon has stolen the item you go after them to find the area is blocked off by the pokemon and you cannot pass until you complete the task, after completing the task you battle the pokemon thats blocking your path, after beating it - the pokemon gives you an item and disappears (if possible I would like to have the option to catch the pokemon as well and still receive the item) then once the pokemon gone and you return the item to the NPC you can then leave the area

2) I want to battle a Vespiqueen and two Combees (if possible) in a triple battle format or single battle style and after beating them you'll get the item honey so for example it would say
    (trainer name) defeated Vespiqueen! you obtained the honey

3) I want to make an elimination type of battle where I'll have 15 trainers in a ring and after you defeat one trainer they will then leave the ring, then the next trainer will approach you and say their line of text then the battle begins until you reach the final battle - is there a way to do this?

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • I'm on my phone right now, so I can't really explain 1 or 3 right now. But they should be possible.

Though 2 might not be. Triple battles would require rewriting a lot of the code. So much that it's not really worth the effort.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    thanks for the reply! would you be able to explain step by step how I would be able to do each request?

I can do something else instead of the triple battle - is there a way to fight one pokemon after another? for instance have Combee attack then right after Vespiqueen attacks after you beat Combee

Years
  • Having 2 Combees attack right after Vespiqueen shouldn't be to hard.
    I have made this example map for you. https://www.dropbox.com/s/imvgvc4esy5a6w0/Map078.rxdata?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/zkwt5547kt73085/Map078.rxdata?dl=0
    Basically have Vespiquen and Combee sprites be controlled by another event. afterwards move them where the player can't see them. or delete them if you know how. (I moved them into the trees off screen.)

Alternatively you can have the 2 Combees (the soldiers) attack first and have Vespiquen (the boss) attack second.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    hey ! thanks for the reply

sorry for the delay I was away for the holiday. I have tried opening the file but it says unexpected file format - how would I open it?

Years
  • You move it to the "Data" folder inside your game (or a stock copy of essentials). If Map078 already exists then just rename the number part to a set of numbers that do not exist. From there you should be able to load the map in RPG Maker XP.

Back