• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poison/Us

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
Years
  • Extracting The Poison

It was dead silent in the truck full of superhuman. They were being taken to the police station where they would await for the 'President' to arrive, as he seemed to make it urgent that he speak with these people. Jason gazed at Xion, and then finally broke the silence.

" Why? " He asked. Xion, who had his head down, turned it to face Jason, opening his eyes which were once shut.

" Why what? " He replied.

" Why are you doing all of this...and for such an evil man...just why? "

" I believed that I had no choice...but it wasn't until recent that I realized...there's always a choice. "

" ...That doesn't explain why you did it! " Wangetsu snapped at him. Tracey closed her eyes for a moment and sighed. She then brought her focus to Wangetsu.

" Xion...was only a child when Lucas found him on the streets, " She began, looking softly at Xion, who put his head back down towards his knees, his hands clasped together as they were chained by the wrist. " It was just the two of us at first, me and him...but when Lucas came around, he took us in...gave us a home. "

" Then it all changed. " Xion added.

" ...Lucas told us...'In this world, there are people who can do extraordinary things; fly, breathe under water, even live forever...you two, are part of that generation. ' As children, we leaped in joy at this, we wanted to know how to use these abilities. He told us 'I can teach you, but first, you must allow me to have just a tiny bit of your blood.' We were curious, but didn't care, we would learn something normal people can't be taught. After we did as he wished, he helped us learn to use our powers. I guess Xion, was the one he truly after though. When Lucas found out Xion had the gift of omniscience...Lucas focused all of his time on him. He told me, Lucas would always ask what the future is going to be like, and he would always tell him 'it's not good'. As odd as it may be, Lucas was the father we never had...but now that we're older, we can see the evil in him. " The truck was silent yet again. Gabriella interrupted soon enough.

" How long ago were you both taken in by my father? "

" 10 Years ago... " Xion answered muffled under his breath.

" So it was both of you...my father left me and my mother 10 years ago for his job...a few years later I searched for him, and then I became part of the company. He left us for the both of you...our family was ruined...but I guess it isn't your faults. My father caused all this pain...and the only way to end it...is to work together. "

Xion lifted his body slowly due to hearing this. He starred into Gaby's eyes for a moment. The engine was all that could be heard. Xion smiled and closed his eyes.

" Even though you do not have the complete ability of omniscience...you still are able to comprehend all of the information it holds...that is very impressive. You're a smart girl, Gabriella, and I will take you up on that offer of compromise. " Xion moved his chained hands towards her. She waited a moment and reached for his, taking hold and shaking. The truck stopped, and within a minute the back door opened, revealing a group of officers aiming their guns toward the inhabitants of the vehicle. Two other cops appeared to lead the group inside the station. As they all entered, Marissa, a.k.a, Mr. President, stood firm, guarded by 5 special officers. Misty was being held by another 2.

" Good evening... " Marissa greeted.

" Same to you...Mr. President. " Xion replied, convincingly.

" So, you spoke of a threat...please elaborate. "

" Ah yes, " Some confused faces were being held by most of the group, unsure as to what was going on. Xion spoke to the president recently? " A man known as George Lucas, the leader of the UGPS, is planning to start a war...in it's midst, he will take advantage and attempt to take over each country. You see, the UGPS was formed to capture and study humans with special abilities...If you may allow my friend to provide an example, Tracey, " He signaled. Tracey stepped out of the crowd to present herself and began to freeze her handcuffs. Soon enough, she broke them to pieces. Guns flashed up in her direction, as did her hands which she held high. " As you can see, one might believe us to be a threat to global security...but Lucas wishes to manipulate us to take over the world. "

" I see... "

" Which is why we will provide you with the proper support in his capture. "

" ...Well...I see no reason why we shouldn't take you up on that...is there anything in particular you need of me? "

" Yes...Issue an arrest for George Lucas who is currently in Europe. If you get him here, we can finish him. Normal man power wont be able to take him down. "

" Understood, I'll get on it right away. "

" So Lucas, I chosen a number of agents to guard you during your stay in Paris. " Jasper lead Lucas into a room with a two sided glass window. 4 People stood on the other side.

" Have you now? "

" Yes, Alexis, the girl on your right has the ability of Poison Generation. Drake, has the power of Duplication, Josh can teleport so you can get where you need to be quicker, and the women on your left, Sephira, she manipulates the air and wind. "

" Nice selection, Jasper, thank you. "

" No problem, oh wait, that's my phone, " Jasper flipped his phone open and began to listen to what was being said. A grim expression fell upon his face. He finally hung up and looked into Lucas' eyes. " Your arrest has just been issued in the US...they want you deported immediately.

" So it's time already? " Lucas whispered to himself.

" I have to turn you in, ! " Jasper yelled at him, but Lucas seemed to ignore him as he entered through the door leading him into the opposite room. Jasper pressed his hands against the window. " What are you doing!? "

" Good-bye Jasper, thank you again...Josh, New York City, please. " Josh nodded, and the room was emptied of the 5 people, leaving Jasper in the other room.

" Xion, ! " Gabriella roared. Everyone's attention switched to her within a flash. " He's here...My father is here... "

" Yes, and he's brought a few people with him...A teleporter- "

" A duplicator, a poison generator, and a- "

" Manipulator of wind and air. " Xion finished.

" What's up with all that? " Isabella wondered.

" Not enough time to explain...get everyone out of their hand cuffs! "

" You heard him, come on, hurry it up! " The 'President' commanded the officers.

" Alright, everyone...the only way we can take Lucas on and come out on top, is to work together...he believes this is a staged battle where he will fake his death. This doesn't mean he'll go easy, nor will his guards. I can't promise that we will all survive, but...stick together. "

" Xion, should we team up with certain people? " Kurai questioned.

" Good question, " Xion began to analyze the team as they were being set free from their chains. " Nathan, you're the only one who can keep up with the teleporter...he'll be the one closest to Lucas. Hizara, Wangetsu, Nikita, Alia, and Diva, You all battle the duplicator. Ayame, Isabelle, Cami, Tracey, and Takao you take on the one who controls poison. Amaya, Tukiyo, Kurai, and Gaby, fight the wind manipulator...that leaves me, Vincent and Jason to fight Lucas. "

" Have you gone crazy, Xion!? " Jason busted out of silence.

" No, I'm planning the pieces correctly. "

" I can't do **** to kill this dude! "

" There's no time to argue, everyone let's go! " Xion ran, leading everyone out of the building, fallowed by a group of officers. Marissa and Misty held their ground inside the station with their personal guards. The lot of them ran far down the street until a light shone far in front of them. As it faded, Lucas and his team appeared.

" My, my...you've got quite a rebellion, Xion! " Lucas began.

" All for the one purpose of killing you! " He responded.

" Humph, all the company wants is for the world to be safe and secure! "

" So that involves the killing of innocent people!? "

" Innocent!? ...Maybe, but it's all for a good cause! "

" Enough of your talk! "

" Very well then...team...please annihilate these pests. " Drake, Alexis, Josh, and Sapphira all nodded in unison and began the battle. Sapphira motioned her hands in the rebellion's direction, and an enormous wind current attacked. Officers set off a barrage of bullets aimed towards Lucas and the others, but the wind caught each before they got close.

" Kurai! " Xion roared the the wind.

" Right! " Kurai opened her eyes to look for Sapphira. Once her eyes found Sapphira's the wind ceased. With this, people rushed toward the evil team led by Lucas. Drake duplicated himself so that there were 5 of him. Before Josh could make a move, Nathan appeared in front of him, giving him a blow to the stomach and then disappearing out of enemy range. Alexis opened her hand out just below her mouth and started to blow out a poison in the rebellion's direction. Ayame stopped and pulled her hands into the air, aimed at the poisonous smoke that slowly became larger and larger. As she focused on the smoke, Ayame was able to form a barrier of energy around it, keeping it out of the way.

" Take this, ya punk! " Wangetsu roared, throwing a bunch of water walls at one of the duplicators others. Hizara did the same with her fire toward another clone. Nikita found Alia and stood next to her as they both faced their own enemy's doppelganger.

" Are either of these the real one? " Nikita asked.

" Hold on, " Alia began to focus on the two clones and discovered Nikita's to be him. "It's yours, he's the original. "

" Ok, good, " Nikita brought her hand up, palm facing him. She grasped her arm with her other hand and began to focus. " Assemble! " Instantly, all of the clones lost control of themselves and flew back into the originals body.

" That saves us some time. "

" Wait, " Nikita focused again and closed her hand into a fist. " Lock!...Now he wont be able to clone himself again. "

" Nice...and you thought you weren't an angel. "

Wangetsu, Hizara, Diva, Alia, and Nikita surrounded him completely, prepared to attack, but willing to keep him alive so long as he didn't make a move. He seemed to be smart as he raised his arms in defeat and brought himself to the ground. They all smirked and lowered their guards slightly.

" Ayame, hold this energy tight alright! " Tracey spoke to Ayame, right in front of the force field keeping the poison out of the air. She placed her hand on the energy and began to freeze it. Within a minute, a large ice barrier formed around the poisonous gas. Cami and Isabelle were with each other and were looking around the barrier for Alexis.

" Do you remember what she looks like? " Cami asked.

" Some-what...let's try. "

" Alright... " Cami took hold of Isabelle's hand and allowed sorrow to run through Isabelle's body, forcing her to cry. As she did, Isabelle tried remembering Alexis' face.

" Ayame, can you sense a presence behind the barrier? " Tracey asked.

" ..., " Ayame focused on what was behind the barrier, and she could slowly sense the energy of someone standing behind it. " Yes, she's definitely still there! " Cami took the sorrow away from Isabelle, stopping the tears from falling as well.

" I have to see her, it's the only way my tears can take effect...but if the barrier is gone, the poison will spread. "

" I can break the ice, then Ayame can move the poison out of the atmosphere... " Takao came in.

" Sounds good...go for it. "

Takao took a step back from the ice wall and built up a large amount of vibration in his fist. Once there was enough, he released it with a punch aimed for the ice. It burst into pieces and the smoke moved fiercely. Ayame moved just as quick to capture the gas. Alexis was revealed through the smog, but not clear enough for Isabelle.

" Ayame, quickly! " Takao rushed.

" I'm workin' on it! " She forced energy around the poison and lifted it high up into the air. There was some left, but Takao took notice and threw a blast of vibration at it to disperse the particles in multiple directions, making is less toxic. Cami took Isabelle's hands again and sent sorrow through her. As the tears fell, Isabelle looked at Alexis with anger. Tears of blood came from Alexis' eyes and she fell to her knees.

" It's working! " Tracey yelled.

On the other side of the battle, Tukiyo was fighting hand to hand with Sapphira, whose abilities were discarded by Kurai. Tukiyo flew a fist directed at Sapphira's head, but it was caught, and twisted. She then drafted her foot under Tukiyo's legs, bringing her to the ground. Just as Sapphira pulled back her fist to pound it at Tukiyo, Kurai came from the side and kicked her out of the way.

" You okay? " Kurai asked, helping her to her feet.

" Yeah, she broke my wrist though... "

" Damn, here she comes! "

Sapphira leaped towards them, kicking both away from each other and landing swiftly on her feet. She ran for Kurai, and Tukiyo fallowed instantly. Sapphira stopped in front of Kurai and drew a kick aimed high for her head, but as Kurai braced herself a large blast of wind pushed Sapphira back at Tukiyo, who reacted quickly by maneuvering her way around Sapphira, and punching her to the ground. Gaby finally arrived to her appropriate fight, Amaya fallowing soon after.

" Sorry, we couldn't find you guys through all the ruckus. "

" It's okay...we've got this one taken care of... "

Nathan was racing Josh all over the area. As Josh teleported, Nathan accelerated in his direction. It was a battle of speed, and Nathan was just a millisecond off, until Josh got worn out quickly, and was finally caught by Nathan. He was doomed now as Nathan attacked constantly from all directions. Josh couldn't concentrate at all to teleport. With one final blow, Nathan punched him dead center in the face, knocking him out cold.

" So...Xion, Vincent, and Jason...my 3 opponents. I could kill you right on the spot, each of you. "

" As can I. " Vincent replied smirking.

" You are powerful...but not powerful enough. "

" Would you like to test that theory? " Vincent's eyes grew dark and the street around him grew cold and cracked. Xion and Jason were kept safe, but as it drew close to Lucas, his face aged. He only smiled, and then used telekinesis to bring Vincent to the floor, then dragging him up to meet Lucas' level.

" You have no idea who you're dealing with, boy...'Death' means nothing to me. " Vincent was flown into the street, now unconscious. Lucas' appearance went to it's normal state as if his youth was coming back.

" Lucas...this ends tonight. "

" Oh...it's only the beginning. "

" Jason, do it. "

" Do what, I can't do 'anything' to this guy, he's too strong! "

" Jason! "

" I can't! "

" Xion...he doesn't understand his abilities, it's useless. "

" Jason...there are two sides to a whole, one light, one dark. One side may be stronger than the other, but you can control that difference, you can change it. When you saved Nikita, you added light to her soul, bringing it back to life, you can do the opposite too! "

" Even if he knows this, he doesn't know how to do it, Xion. "

" Jason, even from the beginning, we told you...you're the only one who can stop the extermination, there was truth behind that! "

" ...You knew this day would come... "

" Yes, maybe not exactly as I thought it would play out, but the future I saw with you is right now! "

" ...Lucas...you've caused so much pain... "

" Xion, what is this, !? " Lucas began to feel an ache through his body. " You betrayed me...Boy, he's lying, there are plenty of others who could kill me, why on earth would it just be you!? " He tried convincing Jason.

" That's not true...there are others that could kill your physical body, but not your soul...I want to make sure you die for real Lucas. The future you wish to be, will only lead to a Hell on earth. "

" I made you what you are today, if it weren't for me, you'd be stuck as a poor orphan on the street begging for food! "

" True...that's the best thing you've ever done for this world. Finish him Jason. "

Jason's eyes grew jet black as he stared at Lucas. His face was blank as he faced his enemy, and as this lead on, a light shone from Lucas' mouth. As it grew brighter, an orb was revealed and exited his body. Lucas fell to the floor, lifeless. The orb floated in the air, bringing attention from all around. Jason finally came to and was amazed at the light. It was growing closer to him however, so he opened his hand for it to land upon. As it did, he grasped it, and it disappeared.

" You did good Jason, " Xion sat his hand on Jason's shoulder. " That was all the light that was within Lucas' soul...not much, right. "

" But, I don't- "

" -Understand? You see, a soul cannot contain just one side of light or dark. When a soul is dead, what ever side was stronger, overwhelms the other. Nikita's darkness did that when she died, but you filled her soul will light again, setting the balance back to normal. In this case, you took the light from Lucas, filling his body with darkness, so he died. "

" Then...what happens to his light? "

" That's for you to decide. "

" Well, what does that mean? "

" You'll find out some day. " Xion left him to himself and approached the others. Jason turned to fallow his direction and noticed Vincent lying on the ground. He gazed for a moment, and tried his ability again. His eyes grew a bright gold this time though, for a shorter moment as well, and Vincent conscious again, bringing himself to his feet slowly.

" Officers, please apprehend those captured! " Xion ordered the police who hid from the battle, as they did not want to interfere. Once directed, they fallowed orders and took both Sapphira, Josh, and Drake under custody. Tracey found Xion and walked beside him.

" We actually did it...we killed Lucas. The UGPS will crumble, we can roam free, it's all over. "

" ...No...it's not. "

End Of Poison/Us

...coming soon...

toXsin​

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • toXsin​

A month has past since the fall of Lucas and his company, taking his plans of world domination with him. Our heroes have parted, returning to their, now semi-normal, lives. Some have kept in contact, while others have made the decision to part this experience from the rest of their life. However, over this time period, a new organization has been formed, lead by non other than Xion, who continues his quest of conquering the planet. With an organization of villains hand-picked by Xion himself, just what can our heroes do to stop this madness? Wait, some of our heroes are not here, could this be the work of Xion, or have they just become extremely well trained in the arts of the ninja...okay, maybe that last choice is a bit out there. So with only a select few of heroes left, can they even stand a chance against these powerful superhuman?​

Episode 1

The Hand Of Fate​

Fate, there are many roads one can take, but all lead to the same place. However, it's the choices one makes that decide the road they walk upon. So then, can you chose your fate, can you turn the hand of fate in your favor? My name is Amy Dover, and ever since I was born, the hand of fate seemed to want nothing but the best for me. Even when I was just a baby, my parents told me I was nothing but good luck. Just a day before mom went into labor, she said that there was an article asking for a recording of a live birth for $800 in the name of science and the study of birth. Dad wasn't too pleased to hear about this until he noticed the money.

When I started school, I had nothing but luck as well. I never had to pay for my lunch like the other kids. I made a friend who was extremely rich and was given money just about every day. He paid for his lunch and gave it to me. I felt kinda bad for using him, but he said it was fine, and that he loves aiding the less fortunate. As sincere as that was, he deserved a slap. We were friends for a long time. We even went out from 6-8th grade, but broke up because he apparently got bored of me like everything else he 'owns'. After that we didn't see much of each other. That was probably the most unlucky thing to ever happen to me.

Now, everything seems to be going downhill, like fate is just slapping me across the face back and forth. My parents are arguing, and my grades have slipped, or better yet, tied to an anchor and thrown out to sea. Then they try blaming one another for my bad grades. Deciding to take some time away from each other, my mother is hanging out with her girlfriends while I travel with dad to his hometown in New York City, where I will be going to school and visiting my aunt Charline for a while. Dad says that Alex, Charline's adopted son, is quite the looker. I wanted to hit him so bad, even if he's adopted, he's still my cousin, but I knew he was joking.

Once I started school in this new place called Garmon High, It seemed like a typical high school, same type of people, all bunched up into groups. It wasn't until lunch started that the real fun began however. I was approached by some random girl who accused me of talking trash about her and starting a rumor. I was completely shocked at this, and right before she threw a punch at me, her arm was caught by a boy with dark brown hair, beautiful eyes, tan skin, and a gothic, punk look.

" Jasmine...you have the wrong girl. " He told her.

" No, this is her, black and pink hair, with a matching outfit! "

" ..You have the wrong girl... " He repeated gentile and soft in a deep tone. Jasmine settled down and released her fist. " Besides, Jaime's the one spreading the rumors about you. " He thumbed in a direction towards another girl who looked identical to Amy, oddly enough. Jasmine bolted towards her but was caught by the school officers. The mysterious boy approached me as everyone else scattered in opposite directions.

" That was close... " He said, looking down at me. " You're Amy, right? "

" Y-yeah, that's right! " My heart jumped...I must admit, I'm a little infatuated with this boy. Wait, how did he know my name, has he been stalking me, or does he have an earlier class with me? No I would have noticed, how did he know? Oh wait...Jaime...Amy...Oh.

" Well it's nice to meet you...I'm Jason. "

" H-hi... " I blushed a little, looking up at him.

" Hey, after school, you wanna hang out -? " Jason's phone began to vibrate, and he swiftly rushed to my back, using me as to shield himself from teacher eyes. " Sorry, excuse me...hello? "

" I know I'm new here, but I could have sworn there was a 'no cell phones during school.' rule here. "

" What!? " Jason yelled, bringing many eyes in their direction.

" I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. " I apologized. I didn't know that would set him off.

" ...Gaby...Please forgive me, but I have to go... " Jason ran off, apparently leaving the school. I was completely confused, but I thought it better not to ask questions. At least, not just yet.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Vengeful Hearts

School has just ended for the day, back here in Tokyo. I'm now looking for my best friend Hizara, and boy friend Wangetsu. I traveled through the school's halls until I finally reached the front area where our group of friends usually hang out before parting ways. I found Wangetsu standing with Hizara, Baki, and June. I approached them cheerfully, tackling Wangetsu from behind. Everyone laughed, and Wangetsu greeted me with a kiss.

" Every time you do that, I get the wind knocked out of me. " He whispered to me. Ever since the battle with Lucas a month ago, I've developed a way to keep and control the abilities I disable. It gives me a more offensive use, which gives me some more confidence. I winked at him and joined the group's conversation. June walked away from everyone and turned around to face us again.

" I have an announcement...Baki and I...are finally getting married! " He whipped his arms out to the side as he yelled this through the school walls. Baki leaped forward and took Junes hand in his.

" Oh, it is true, we've decided! " He agreed.

" Aw, I knew you two would end up together. " I stated, giggling.

" Well it's about time you both came out of the closet. " Hizara added, not even shocked. Wangetsu just shook his head with a smirk.

" Let's see the married couple kiss! " I demanded, throwing a hand in the air. June and Baki looked at each other smiling. Hizara was curiously interested in whether or not they'd go that far. The two buffoons grasped each others hands and held them to their chest.

" Oh Baki! "

" Oh June! "

" Oh boys, let's settle down, " Mr. Daike, our science teacher approached us. " come on, school's over, get home. " he continued on his way while we started giving departure hugs. Baki and June left in opposite ways. Our group of 3 live near each other, so we walk together. Something odd happened on out way home however. As we walked along a side walk, I noticed our shadows wavering from side to side, just about an inch. I looked at Hizara's shadow, and it seemed to fade. As this occurred, Hizara tripped. I started getting a little jumpy.

Wangetsu held me tight as we walked. I looked to him in question, fallowing his gaze to across the street where a shady man held a strong stare at us. He was wearing all black, a jacket that fell to his knees and it also had a hood.

" Hizara. "

" I see him... "

We all watched him through the corner of our eyes as we continued on. I turned my head back to see if he was still watching us, but he had disappeared. My body shook, but Wangetsu forced me to stop walking. My attention came to the same man who was now standing just in front of us.

" Who are you, and what do you want? " Wangetsu asked coldly. The man just stood there watching us. A minute passed, it was still silent and we were all motionless. The clouds turned gray, and the area all around us became dark and cold. I could tell that Wangetsu was building water in his fist, and I could even smell the fire Hizara was ready to toss. I decided to command the win to blow slightly in the dark man's direction.

" Answer the question! " Hizara roared. The man only smirked, slowly lifting his right hand, opening it some-what, aimed at Wangetsu's shadow. He made a fist and twisted it. Wangetsu reacted to this, grasping his injured wrist. The water he had been forming fell the ground.

" Wangetsu! " I leaned down and put my arms around him.

" What did you do!? " Hizara had enough. She threw 2 fireballs at this guy, who smiled largely and disappeared. Hizara was stunned, and looked around for him. He reappeared a foot in front of Hizara and stomped on her shadow which forced her to fling back, falling to the ground. She grabbed her chest and coughed. I was unsure what to do, so I brought forward a blast of wind to pick the man up into the air.

Out of nowhere, I was being dragged down the side walk. I looked up and noticed the mysterious man fallowing me with his hand. He must be controlling the shadows. Next thing I heard was Wangetsu yell " No! " throwing a basketball sized water ball. Another hand was directed by the man towards the ground. The water ball was stopped and then sent hurling back at Wangetsu. Hizara reacted quickly and threw a fireball at it, causing a bunch of steam to form. As the steam faded, this dark man could be seen hovering down to the earth holding a stare as cold as midnight.

" Enough... " Was the only word which came from the unknown man. He aimed both hands at Wangetsu and Hizara's shadows and made fists. Hizara and Wangetsu fell completely to the ground, dead, their hearts crushed. I sat there on my knees starring at my 2 dead friends, mouth open wide. I could sense the demonic man behind me. Lifting myself up to my feet, I turned and looked into the man's eyes, furious. The wind twirled in front of her, quickly turning into a tornado, picking trees up, and even parks of houses. Kurai moved the tornado forwards, at the unknown killer. Even he couldn't withstand the force. He was picked up and sent flying around. He disappeared into an aura of darkness created from his hands.

Once I realized he was gone, I fell to my knees again, crying. The tornado stopped, the entire area ripped apart. My boyfriend and best friend laying dead behind me, I continued until officers arrived. Before they came close, I ran to Wangetsu and Hizara, looking them both in the eyes and obtaining their abilities.

" You there, put your hands up! " an officer ordered. I ignored it and commanded the wind to blow their attention away from me so I could escape. I know exactly who to go to. Whoever killed the two best things in my life, they're definitely going to pay. I just won't allow this. Ayame, I'm going to need your help.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Stopping A Dead Soul

It's been so long since the dojo was functioning the way it used to. With Master Kioto dead, the county decided to close the place down, but luckily, Nathan, Takao, Amaya, and myself came together and made the decision of taking over as the masters of the dojo. Since we were all Master Kioto's disciples, it was made final that we would be the teachers. Mom and Dad were thrilled to hear that I was able to get a job, well, after all I've been through with the UGPS and Lucas. Saving the world was the best excuse to get me out of being in trouble for missing so much school. The government made sure none of us would get in trouble, as it was aiding to the protection of the countries. I guess Marissa's soul transfer with the President had some after effects though. He had no recollection of what happened the day of our battle with Lucas. So after all of that Marissa ordered the government to keep all of it on hush, under the President's voice of course.

Over this month, my abilities have developed, allowing me to mask my body within it's energy, allowing me to become invisible. I can also focus energy on a particular location, giving me the capability of forming an energy ball. These are only a couple new discoveries I've found as my powers continue to grow. I'm trying to find a student also capable of controlling energy, but I've yet to find anyone, although the students today are much more agile. I think having multiple masters is good as well. We have a daily drawing for fun where we, the teachers, battle each other. We don't use our powers though, for the students. Nathan has thankfully learned to contain his quick movement, so he doesn't have an advantage, but I think Amaya cheats...

Today was a normal session after school ended, that is, until Kurai came rushing into the dojo, tears rolling down her face. The four of us grouped together to see what was the matter. She told us about the fierce demon that she fought. At first, Kurai seemed to be just stricken with sorrow, but out of her crying, she took me by my shoulders, grasping them tight. She starred me in the eyes with so much anger.

" I want him dead! " She bellowed through her teeth. I sighed and removed her grip from me. I held on to her hands and looked her back in the eyes.

" We will find him, don't worry, but first you need to calm yourself down. "

" No, he killed Wangetsu, and Hizara! "

" I understand, but you're just shocked right now, take a moment to rest and then we can deal with it better. "

The children were all distracted with the yelling and crying. Nathan took notice of this and redirected them away from the situation. As I took Kurai in my arms, patting her back, Takao made a statement.

" Someone's coming...fast. "

" ...That guy, he controlled shadows! " Kurai replied, scarred.

" ...I sense his energy...he's moving so fast. "

Before we knew it, a black flash came through the front door. It ceased movement, sharpening the image of a dark haired man with a katana and armor shielding.

" Ayame Kuroki. "

" Yes, that would be me. " I answered, stepping away from Kurai. The man turned his focus to my direction.

" My master has ordered me to find you and bring you to him. "

" Kurai is this him? " I whispered to the side.

" No, this isn't him. "

" ...Hm...Who is your master exactly? "

" His name is Kirato...and he has made it urgent that I bring you to him...that girl next to you...Kurai Hoshi? "

" ...Yes...who are you? " Kurai replied, confused.

" You must come too. My name is Xhenin Ishita. Please trust me, the world is in danger. "

" Ayame, should we trust him? "

" ...I don't sense a bad aura...Takao, Amaya, Nathan, keep watch over the dojo while I'm away. " I took Kurai's hand and we confronted Xhenin. He offered his hands to us and we both took them. He uttered, " Hold on. " just before we disappeared from the dojo and off to an unknown place far up Mt. Fuji. We were traveling at such amazing speeds. As we ran, he asked me to increase my energy so we could move faster. I didn't understand, but I did as he requested. He took us to another dojo. We finally stopped once inside.

" Master, I've brought them! " Xhenin yelled into a seemingly empty area. A man then began to appear from thin air. He had an appearance similar to Master Kioto, which brought wonder to Ayame.

" ...Master Kioto? "

" So...you knew my brother? " He replied, holding a disgusted frown.

" Yes, he taught me everything I know, and more! He was amazing-! "

" Silence! I wont hear anything more of that filth... "

" Filth!? " I was outraged at this. How dare he speak ill of my master! He looked at me with interest, squinting his eyes.

" You're aura...it's emitting much energy...are you mad? In that case, you're master was nothing but worthless trash. A disgrace to our family! "

" Shut up! "

" Ayame... " Kurai took my shoulder, trying to comfort me. I flung it away from me.

" How dare you speak in such a way, Master Kioto was a great man! "

" -At what, teaching students things he can't even master? "

" Enough! " I lifted my hand towards him, taking hold on the energy around him. I lifted him into the air, but he was holding a smirk. A blast of energy instantly came from Kirato. So much, that Ayame couldn't control it. Kirato fell back to his feet and laughed.

" You honestly aren't even a match against me. None of your attacks could harm, let alone, reach me. You're energy is impressive, but not powerful enough to contain my own. If this is all Kioto has taught you...it's pathetic. "

" Enough Kirato... " Came the voice of an old women. She walked from around a corner and approached the lot of us.

" And who are you? " I snapped.

" This is Elder Suzuya...she is a witch. " Xhenin introduced.

" Yes...and I hold grave news...the world is in danger. The Dead Soul will bring destruction. "

" The Dead Soul? "

" Yes...the man who is dead inside, but lives on. Non existent, yet walking among us. He travels with an army who can bring death to us all...You...you have faced one. " Suzuya pointed to Kurai.

" Th-the man who controls the shadows? "

" ...The Shadow Walker...you must be Kurai then...I'm so sorry. "

" For what? "

" ...Everything...We must form a group to challenge this army... "

" Why us? "

" Because you've faced the Dead Soul before, you fought with him. "

" ...The only one who controlled souls was...Jason!? "

" I am unable to uncover the name of those who do not truly exist. If that is him, he must be killed! "

" ...Jason?... "

" She's not sure it's Jason, " Kurai soothed my worries. " but it's a possibility to be prepared for...So what should we do? "

" There are others with unique powers who can aid us, if you gain their trust, they can do much help. "

" Alright, where can we find them? "

" Hold on, " The elder waved her hand over the space in front of her and a table appeared with an orb atop of it. He hovered both hands above it and focused. The orb then separated into the 3, shaping themselves into the form of people. 1 girl and 2 boys.

" From left to right...Sadie Fare, located in Utah. Her ability is phasing...Ian McFlorence, also in Utah, he manipulates shadows, just like your enemy miss Kurai...and finally, Jon Daegen, New York City, he has the ability of astral projection. They are just 3 of the people to look for. If you find any others to recruit, add them. We need all the power we can get. "

" Understood...but how exactly will we be traveling around so much? "

" Leave that to me, " Xhenin smiled to us. Kirato formed a ball of energy and handed it to me. It hovered above mine, and we shared a stare for only a brief moment. " With this much energy, I'll be able to move even quicker than before. "

" Oh...what is your power, it seems different. " Kurai questioned.

" Heh, well, my body absorbs the energy in an area to enhance my abilities, such as speed, strength, and all those types of stuff. "

" That's unique. "

" Heh, yeah, you should see me in combat with my sword- "

" Alright, enough flirting, get going. The world can't wait for your advancements... " Kirato pushed Xhenin in our direction, causing me to almost lose control of the energy ball. " Don't lose that rookie. " I opened my mouth to make my come-back, but Xhenin had taken hold of me and Kurai, jetting off for our first stop. Utah.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Rescue Recruit

So, it's been a month already? Seems like yesterday that I fought alongside others like myself. Funny, I miss it all, but I'm glad it's all over. Still kept in touch with Jason and some of the others. Although...something continues to bother me from back then. The first few weeks I was in the rebellion, I attempted to read Xion's mind. I didn't hear anything. Like, he wasn't thinking at all. How is that even possible? I don't know, after a while, I kinda just forgot about it and moved on, but it makes me wonder just exactly how he can be so smart, yet not think. Anyway, I'm back to my old life. It's a lot more fun knowing I can read people's minds and even make them do stuff. Just yesterday I made that girl who forced me to make a fool out of myself by picking up her pen, Clair was her name, to pick her nose while she gave a speech to the class. Good clean fun...for rest of us at least.

Today In Mr. Dawson's class, we're supposed to find partners for some project on the study of human relationships. Once we couple up we have to treat each other like best friends for an entire week. Here's the fun part, we get to write an essay on what we experienced...that's sarcasm in case you didn't notice. So, once the bell rings, I have to find someone to partner with. Mr. Dawson knows that most will rush over to their already closest friend, but I know that finding the person you don't know best will make writing an essay so much easier. I've got my eyes set on Steve Jackson.

" BRINNGGG " The bell finally rang, and people rushed all over the room. Mr.Dawson didn't even have to remind us. Before I could reach Steve, I saw some chick approach him, I ordered her to change her mind, and thankfully she did, walking away. I was now able to walk up to him.

" Hey there, Steve! " I said sounding some-what preppy.

" ...Hello. " He replied slowly.

" So, you don't seem to have a partner, what do you say to me? "

" Um, sure, why not. "

" Awesome, " I took a piece of paper from his notebook which was sitting on his desk, pulled out a pen from my pocket and wrote down my cell number. " There's my number best buddy. "

" Thanks, I'll call you from my phone and you can save the number. "

" Sounds like a plan. "

" Alia, the office wants you, ! " Mr. Dawson yelled over the commotion emitting from the classroom. " Take your stuff in case you have to leave...oh, Steve, walk with her, get a head start on your experiments! "

" Uhh... " Steve and I shared an awkward silence only between the two of us. I Really wouldn't want him to meat my parents, but I guess it would give us a head start on our project...I really didn't like the fact that Mr. Dawson said 'Experiment'.

" So, are we going? " Stave asked, standing up waiting for me.

" Oh, yeah lets go. " He opened the door for me as we left the class. It was completely silent walking down the school halls. No one cracked a word, totally awkward. The two of us finally arrived to the front office, but I didn't see my parents so that was a relief. Shockingly, I saw Jason sitting in the office.

" Jason!? "

" Hey Alia. " He had a mellow tone, like he wasn't surprised to see me.

" What are you doing here? "

" ...It's Gaby, she's in a coma... "

" What. how!? "

" They don't know, she was staying with Stacey. When Stacey found her, she was just lying there unconscious. "

" Oh my God...well is she going to be okay? "

" Like I said, they don't know...she could be out for months, and doctors say she'll definately have a large lose of memory if she ever wakes. "

" That's aweful...wait, don't you have school right now? "

" Yeah, but this is serious, " Jason leaned in towards my ear and whispered, " they found bruis marks on her head left from someone's hand...the thumb and middle finger were located on her temple area. I think someone wanted her memory erased. "

" Seriously? "

" Hi, I'm Steve. " Steve randomly spoke, offering out his hand to Jason.

" Um, hi? "

" I'm Alia's best friend. "

" ...Sure...nice to meet you, I'm Jason. " He took Steves hand and shook it.

" So anyway Jason, why exactly did you come here? "

" To warn you mostly, if someone wants Gaby's memory gone, they might want everything in it gone too...just be careful, and also, If Gaby ever wakes up, you may be her only chance at recovering her lost memories. "

" ...I don't know if I could do that, but I'll try. "

" Good to hear, and with that, you should be even more careful. If whoever the person is knows about you, they'll make sure you don't fix Gaby's memories. "

" Right...what hospital is she being held at? "

" The one on Gale Street, I'll be visiting daily, so you'll probably see me...I'll call you if anything happens. " Jason departed, leaving me and Steve.

" You've got good taste. " Steve commented.

" Woah, what!? "

" He's got looks. "

" Hey, we're not THAT close, and with those kind of statements I would think you've got the hots for him. I'll be sure to let him know what you think of him. "

" ...Well, at least he's not ugly- "

" Oh shut up and fallow me. " I draged him by his arm. We walked past the lady at the counter, who stood up at us, about to ask where we were going. I simply looked in her eyes, forcing her to sit back down and not ask questions.

" Where are we going? "

" Listen, I'm going to the hospital, I have to be there. You can fallow me or not, I'm not gunna force you to get in trouble for skipping. "

" Ha, please, how often do you see me in class...it's not from being sick. "

" ...Good point, lets go. " We continued on through the front doors of the school, speed walking. We finally reached Dale Street when a hooded man began to approach us suspisciously. He stopped in front of us and stood for a moment. He slowly removed the hood from his head, revealing Xion.

" Xion! "

" Xion? " Steve wondered.

" Yeah, he's the leader of the rebe-llious friends of mine. "

" Mhmm...seems kidna shady. "

" ...Alia, please turn back now. "

" What're you talking about, I came to see Gaby, I hear she's in a coma. "

" If you continue on, you'll die, I've seen it. "

" What's he talking about? "

" Steve, I'm sorry, but I'm gunna have to ask you to cover your ears... " Without hesitation Steve did as I commanded. I then continued, " Xion, what're you talking about? "

" If you try to restore Gaby's memories, you will die. "

" How? "

" ...Trust me. "

" You lost my trust a long time ago, Xion. "

" ...Very well, if this is your choice. " Xion continued past Steve and I, pulling his hood back up. I took hold of one of Steves arms and removed it from his ear.

" Come on, let's go. " I said, dragging him again. We walked into the hospital, and after I obtained Gaby's room number from the front desk, we walked around the building until we found room #21. As the door was opened, we were revealed to Jason, Stacey, and a sleeping Gabriella.

" Alia, why're you here? " Jason questioned.

" Don't act like that, you're skipping school for her too...Steve's just tagging along. "

" Yo. " He introduced himself to Stacey who simply nodded to him.

" So anything new? "

" Nothing yet, the doctor will be back with info soon- " Just as that was said, the door opened again. This time a male doctor entered the room.

" Hello, I see we have more visitors...I'll keep this simple for everyone to understand. Miss Gabriella has a 10% chance of waking up from this coma, and even if she does, most, if not all of her memory will be gone. We'll keep trying to help, but I don't think there's much we can do. I'm sorry. "

" ...Thank you doctor. " Jason spoke for us. It was difficult to utter a word after hearing this happen to a close friend.

" Of course...and as I said, I'll keep this simple, please do not make it any more difficult than it needs to be. " Dr. Krage spoke in an odd tone, almost demonic. He removed a pen from his clip board. I felt unsafe with this so called doctor, so I began to read his mind. Before I could hear anything, Krage flung his hand in Stacey's direction, throwing his pen at an amazing speed. It peirced through her body, colliding with the wall behind her. Stacey fell to the floor while the rest of us braced ourselves.

" This guy must have something to do with Gaby's condition. We can't let him escape. " Jason alerted me.

" You 3 should be the ones trying to escape. " The next object thrown was the clipboard, aimed directly for Alia's face. In a flash, Steve's arm appeared in front of my face. He had punched the clipboard into pieces. I was a little shocked that he stopped it from hitting me at such high speeds.

" Woah...what now, got any thing else up your sleeve? " Jason intimidated Kage. Things would seem in our favor if he didn't have a bunch of knives stuffed in hidden pockets attached to his belt. As he lifted his arms to build momentum in his toss, both Jason and I yelled, " Wait! " We tried using our abilities, but he seemed imune as all he did was smirk.

" My mind is set on a single point, a single goal, and right now, that's killing the people in this room- ! " While he spoke, placing his guard down, Steve jabbed him in the gut, sending him into the door. Jason picked Gaby up and tossed her over his shoulder.

" Alia, we have to leave, it's not safe. "

" Gee, ya think!? " I replied, taking Steve yet again by the arm and leading him out of the room. So, someone obviously wants Gaby and everyone else we know dead, and I think it's also obvious who the culprit is...Wait aren't we forgetting someone? Oh no, Stacey!...Well, she's in a hospital...I hope she'll be fine.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • A Long Lost Friend

" Xion, " Came Tracey's voice as she approached another hooded member. Wearing high heals, you could hear her steps as she walked. " you called for me? "

" Yes...They escaped with Gabriella and they'll be looking for a way to restore her memories. If She regains all of the information she stole from me, my plans will be unclear just as before. "

" I see, that is a problem. We'll track them down and have them killed immediately. "

" No, that's not what I called you for. I need you to return to the old UGPS building. "

" What for? "

" As you and I know, there are negative floors to the building. Go to the -4th floor. I'm going to need an army if I want to succeed. "

" What's on the 4th floor? "

" Earlier experiments...those brought back from the past. "

" Are you serious, so that's what they keep on that floor!? "

" Yes, but I doubt they'll be anything but pleased to have been kept their for so long. Stay down there until I call you. "

" Wait, you want me to stay down on the 4th floor. For how long exactly, I don't want to be living down there Xion! "

" We all must make sacrifices before, during, and after war. "

" ...Damn it Xion. Ever since we killed Lucas, you've been so heartless! What's going on!? "

" As if I ever had a heart. "

" You know what, whatever...I'll do it, but Xion, you're really becoming what Lucas wanted to be. " Tracey finally charged off, leaving the room the two were residing in. She slammed the door behind her as she left. Turning around the corner, she was confronted by another member of their group.

" Hey Tracey...what's got you all worked up babe? " The man asked.

" Out of my way Richard, " Passing by him, she shoved him with her shoulder, leaving frost on his. Richard swiped it off and turned to face her back as she walked away.

" Don't be so cold...you might get sick. " His eyes grew dark as he concentrated on Tracey, who began to cough. It quickly brought her to her knees gagging.

" Plague...that's enough. " Xion came from out of his room. Stopping Richard from harming Tracey.

" As you wish sir. " Richard did as commanded and left the situation. Tracey lifted herself, with her head turned to watch Xion. Tracey simply altered her focus away from him and continued on her way. Perhaps there is still some heart within Xion.

Later, Tracey had finally found herself in front of the UGPS building, yet to be destroyed. Entering it, many memories were brought upon her. She remembered many of the agents that were curious how an experiment could be at such a higher level than themselves. Now within the elevator, Tracey pressed '1' fallowed up by '5'. The company had made sure that in order to access the negative levels, one must first press '1' and then the number higher than the one they wish to visit. So, for example 1 - 5 would be -4.

The elevator finally opened, revealing a mass area of dark space. She reached around to find the switch, then flicking it on. Instantly, thousands of cages were revealed holding even more...creatures in this case. Wolf-like humans both stood and crawled along the ground. Past them were the vampires. Most stood there, looking dead, tracking Tracey with their eyes. The warlocks and witches seemed to desire escape much more than the others, pressing their bodies to the bars.

Reaching what seemed to be the very back of the room, Tracey walked into another cage. She then heard the roar of a lion. Shocked, Tracey pushed herself back and slowly walked to the side, looking for another light switch. Once the lights were on, a giant cage, reaching from one side of the room to the other could be seen. Inside, chimeras roamed everywhere alongside other animal experiments.

" A-amazing... Just what kind of corruption has this company really caused? "

Tracey left the animals' cage and headed back towards the elevator. As she passed the vampires, a voice was spoken towards her, " Xion is going to betray you. " Tracey stopped and approached the cage.

" Pardon? "

A teenage girl came up and faced her.

" Xion, he's your best friend...like family. " She continued.

" How do you know about us? "

" She's a soul reader, it's an addition to her vampire abilities. " Explained a grown man who appeared from one of the darker corners. " Her name is Ivory, and I am Paen.

" Soul reading, meaning she knows everything about a person by looking at them? "

" Correct...and apparently, this friend of yours is a back-stabber. "

" ...She doesn't trust him anyway, " Ivory kept on. " not since Lucas found them at least. Xion used to be real. Lucas knew that having a heart to battle with the mind would only be a distraction to Xion's abilities...so he got rid of the only thing that kept him human...a soul. "

" ...That's right...your abilities are very unique Ivory. I'm impressed. "

" Thank you, and I'm sorry, but I cannot help you. "

" Hm? "

" You wonder if I know the answer to what you should do, yes? I cannot help, I apologize. "

" ... "

" Leave his side... " Paen came into the conversation again. " I am able to see the paths a person can take and what will occur during those roads, and honestly, the path without him seems much more rewarding than one with him in it. "

" But he's like my brother. "

" The Xion you knew is long gone. Without a soul, he is only a thing, an experiment. A soul is the only thing keeping all of us human. Your friend is no longer. "

" ... "

" I'll let you know, either path you chose, there will be a war. You'll need to pick a side. "

" Thank you both... " Tracey proceeded to the elevator and headed back up stairs. If this building is where she'd have to stay for a while, she'll need some entertainment, and the best T.V. was in Lucas' room on the top floor. Good thing she knew just about all of his little secrets.

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Nox

" There's gotta be food somewhere in this beat down place... " Tracey was seeking out something to fill her empty stomach. She'd been dwelling in the UGPS' building for about 12 hours with absolutely nothing to eat. How exactly does Xion expect her to stay there for such a long time? It was silent, the snack machine was no where to be found and the only t.v. is 10 floors up.

" Can't believe this place hasn't been torn down yet...if it weren't for the fact that Marissa wasn't aware of Xion's betrayal, she never would have used the President for his plans. It's scary how even through the chaos Xion went through, the future he saw still came true. Even from the beginning, before Lucas...before his name became Xion... " Tracey found Lucas' leather chair and leaned back, resting her feet on the table. She opened a shelf and removed a remote. Pressing the 'on' button, the wall just to her left slid open in opposite directions revealing a large screen television.

- 14 Years Ago

" Josh, slow down! " A young Tracey yelled after Josh as he ran into a crowd of people. As she herself entered the crowd, Josh was completely lost. Tracey shoved her way through everyone, and as she finally split from the hoard, she met eyes with Josh who stood there starring at her.

" It worked. I knew where you would end up! " He joyfully yelped.

" What was all of that for, you just left me in the market! "

" Tracey, it's amazing, I know everything. "

" What're you talking about? "

" Like, I knew the exact location that you would escape the crowd once you were lost in it! "

" Josh- "

" It's been happened all day, and it's so cool! "

" Josh... "

" What? "

Tracey leaned to the ground and picked up a penny. She held it flat in her palm and placed it in front of herself and Josh. She smirked, " Watch this... " Ice formed around the penny as it froze in her hand. Tracey allowed the penny to fall off of her hand. It shattered as it collided with the cement. Josh's mouth was wide open as he starred at the pieces.

" Wooaahh, Tracey that's amazing! "

" It's been happening to me all day. Everything I touch freezes. "

" Dude, we should be super heroes! "

" No, Josh, we can't let anyone know! "

" But why not? "

" We're different, people will treat us weird. "

" No they wont, remember I know everything. "

" Please Josh...don't. We can't let anyone know about us. "

" ...Okay, we'll keep it a secret between the two of us. " The two hugged, but as Josh placed his hands around Tracey's waist, something began to happen. Her body became cold as he touched her. She moved away once she realized it.

" Josh...how did you-? "

" What? "

" Your hands were making me cold. " Tracey looked to her sides and noticed frost. She wiped it off as she looked back at him.

" I..don't know. I'm sorry- "

" Josh! " Tracey yelled. Josh began to disappear from sight slowly. As he realized this, he started to panic and jump around. Eyes were gathering towards the two kids. Josh's body quickly came back into sight, but he started to levitate off the ground.

" What's happening to me? "

" Josh! "

- Present Day

" ... We never expected anything like this. Abductions, killings, rebellions. We just wanted to be useful...After what he saw that the future held. It was when we found that old building that no one used anymore, the one used for our rebellion. "

- 12 Years Ago

" Hey, Josh, what're you doing in here? " Tracey found Josh sitting in an extremely cold room. He was in a chair, buried in his arms. Tracey walked up to him and removed his arms. Josh was crying.

" We're all gunna die... "

" Josh, what's wrong? "

" Everyone's going to be killed, we're all gunna die, and there's nothing we can do. "

" Josh, it'll be okay. "

" No it wont, I know it's true, and I know it'll happen. You can't stop it, I can't stop it, no one can stop it, it's useless, we're all gunna die! "

" ...Josh... "

" ...When we're grown ups, I'll be dead. "

" Don't say that, we promised to stay together forever! "

" It's going to happen...but you wont want to believe it. "

" Come on, remember, you know up 'till a persons' death right, so how can I believe you're not dead if you really are, I'm not the type of person to be in denial. "

" ...Just...don't lie to yourself, please. "

" I wont, now what's this about everyone dying? "

" The end of the world, Tracey. "

" What? "

" We can't stop it.... "

" What are you saying Josh? "

" ...The night. It will come, and the darkness will shadow over us all. We can't stop her. "

" Who? "

" ...Nox... "

- Present Day

" Nox... " Tracey pulled back her feet and brought them to the ground. She pulled herself closer to the desk and turned on the computer to the side. She searched the name ' Nox '. " Roman Goddess of night. Wait... Xion can be jumbled up into Nox...those vampires said Josh is dead, it's true. His soul is gone, all that's left is Xion...did he try to change the name so I wouldn't know...but it's too obvious, and he would have known I'd find out anyway...but then why would he change his name to Xion after Lucas took his soul away? " Tracey turned off the t.v. as it became too distracting.

" He must want me to find out though or he wouldn't have sent me here. So...does he want me to betray him if he is Nox...or does he want me to find this Nox, but that's not like him. He said the future was doomed, so why even try to stop it. Unless he found a way to stop this woman...Wait! " Tracey stood up and rushed downstairs to the negative floor, revisiting the experiments. She power walked to the vampires' cage.

" Who knows anything about Nox!? " She yelled. All eyes focused to her. The room filled with whispering. Everyone spoke the name Nox. A witch then spoke up.

" Death be wished upon Nox! "

" You dare speak of that traitorous wench!? "

All words spoken of Nox were anything but pleasant. It'd appears that no one liked this Nox, but they did know her, so Tracey roared above everyone.

" Where is Nox!? " It went silent. Ivory walked up to her cage.

" -10th floor. "

Without another word, Tracey sped off to the elevator and was stumbled. The only way to get to the -10th floor would be to press 1 - 11. She stood in the open elevator trying to figure it out when Ivory spoke again.

" Basement...on the -9th floor, there will be a way downstairs to the -10th. "

" Oh...thank you. " She pressed 1 and then 10, being sent to the -9th floor. If this Nox was an experiment to the UGPS what could she do, and what was her story? Is she so powerful that the basement floor is the only place to hold her? The doors opened and she walked in. The entire room was empty and complete steel. The door leading downstairs was in plain sight, so she continued on her way. Walking down the stairs, things got dark and hazy. Silent, Tracey walked cautiously through the room.

" H-hello...Nox? "

" ...Who'se there...? " A voice spoke through the haze.

" Are you Nox? "

" Nox...Nox?...Nox!? " Someone suddenly grabbed Tracey by the shoulders. The haze cleared within that instant and revealed a man. It was Arthur.

" Arthur!? "

" Hey Tracey, long time no see! "

" What are you doing down here!? "

" Xion sent me and told me to come down here. Said you'd be here. "

" ...Xion...I thought you died. "

" Yeah, well apparently Xion went to some type of dead chick that died as a baby, but her ability is to bring others to life. Kinda like she was a sacrifice. "

" ...That's...so wrong, but I'm glad you're back. "

" Yep, so who were you looking for. Nox? "

" Oh...I guess it's nothing. " Tracey noticed that no one was in the room, so if Nox was there, she's long gone.

" Alright, so, let's go back upstairs and catch up. "

" Kay, but there's not much to catch up on. Not with you at least. " They smiled and went back up the stairs. Whoever this Nox is, how long have they been gone, and how did they even escape?

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • The Recruit

" Well now that we're in Utah how do we find these people? " Ayame questioned, walking to the side of both Kurai and Xhenin. The 3 finally reached their destination, but now it's time for the rough part.

" Not quite sure about that... "

" I can only sense the energies of people I've met. "

" Yeah, I'm familiar with your powers remember, Master Kirato. "

" Feh, what's his deal anyway? "

" What, you mean his relationship with your master? Well from what he's told me about him, he apparently betrayed the entire their family. Master Kirato said that their family is full of energy manipulators, and it's supposed to be a secret only known to them, but your master, master Kioto, he wanted to teach their secret with humanity. "

" What...that's so selfish of them, but how can it be their secret if some are born with this ability? "

" It's an ability that can only be taught, not used just by chance. You can't just know about it and be able to use it. The teachings which are only known by their family can bring the ability to it's potential. "

" So your master's just mad because someone not in their family is able to manipulate energy. What a baby. "

" It's not just him, it's all of their family. They'd probably kill you if they knew you could manipulate the natural energies. "

" Then why didn't Master Kirato kill me? "

" ...He may not show it, but he's impressed and intrigued with you. I once overheard him talking with the elder witch about you before they sent me off. He said "This girl...she's different. I think I'll teach her how to use her powers. She is unique, with her potential she may be stronger than I or anyone in the family could ever be." "

" He said that about me? "

" Yep, wouldn't surprise me if he asked for you to stay a while at our dojo after all of this. "

" ... "

" Hey guys, is that the girl...Sadie!? " Kurai interrupted, pointing across the street to a brunette with a ponytail and a black skirt with a matching top. She was holding school books so she must have just gotten out of school. Everyone's attention was directed right for her.

" We gotta get to her! "

" Ok, I'll stop the cars and you guys go ahea- " Before Ayame finished, she realized Xhenin had sped off towards Sadie, dodging each and every moving car. He finally stopped in front of the girl, forcing her to jump back in shock.

" Hi, my name is Xhenin, I'm here to ask you something very important. "

" Where'd you come from? "

" Across the street with my friends, " Xhenin motioned his head in both Kurai and Ayames location. " we need your help- "

" With what? "

" You're are able to phase through objects, yes? "

" How do you know about that!? "

" Please, don't be scared, we need your help. "

" No...get away from me! " Sadie ran forward, phasing through Xhenin. Ayame took quick notice and forced all the cars to stop motion, allowing her and Kurai to get across the street. Luckily, Xhenins speed was increased due to Ayames energy increasing. He accelerated in Sadies direction. Unfortunately, Sadie continued to have her abilities in control so she was phasing through anything she ran into. Ayame looked at Sadie and lifted an arm in her direction. Instantly, Sadie froze and was lifted into the air.

" Put me down! " She yelped. The bystanders all looked in amazement and also fear as some departed from the entire situation. Kurai observed this and tossed fireballs at the earth to scare everyone else away, but this brought even more fear to Sadie.

" What do you want with me? " She cried, completely terrified. Sadie was levitated in Ayame's direction. Once she arrived, Ayame explained, " Listen, we're not going to hurt you, but many people will die if you don't help us. A very evil...thing is threatening the world and we need your help to stop him. "

" Why me? "

" Um...not really sure, but we need all the help we can get. "

" This is too much for me...first I find out I can move through objects, now I'm being asked to be some kind of superhero!? No, this is all ridiculous, I didn't ask for it! "

" -And you think we did, !? " Ayame caught Sadie's attention with immense speed. " None of us asked for this, but things happen for a reason, you weren't given your powers just for nothing, there's a purpose for it!...I never thought I'd help stop an evil man from taking over the world, but I did. You can do it to. " Ayame floated her to the earth calmly.

" So what do you say? " Kurai asked.

" ...Will you fight this war with us and save the world? "

" I guess...if it's my destiny. "

" Great! In that case, I'm Ayame, she's Kurai, and he's- "

" Xhenin...he told me. Hey...if this is some type of war, we'll need some strong fighters right? "

" Yeah, why? "

" Well...there's this guy at school. He has an ability too. He helped me when I was being bullied. "

" Really, what can he do? "

" Well, after school today at the park, we shared our powers with each other. I showed him how I can walk through things...but he, he destroyed a boulder. "

" How exactly, did he explain? "

" Yeah, he said he manipulated it's shadow in order to crushed it. He also said he can even make people do what he wants by manipulating their shadows. "

" ...What's his name? "

" Ian McFlorence. "

" That's him...Sadie, do you know where he lives? "

" Uh...he said if I ever need to ask something, I could find him under the bridge at the park, but I'd have to tap my foot 4 times. "

" He can even hide within the shadows? Impressive. "

" Guess we're on our way to the park then. Wanna show us the way Sadie? "

" Oh, sure, it's this way. " Sadie took the lead with the others following. The air around them slowly begins to chill. A bad aura seems to be clouding the area all of the sudden. Our heroes may be in for a little more than they can handle.

Years
  • All this and not a single review/critique/comment? That's not right.

Since there's so much to read I'm going to write my commentary as I go through, a running commentary if you will, so I may contradict myself as I go along. Here goes.

Yin & Yang

Okay, there is a theme: light and darkness. It's pretty bluntly put, and not the most original, but at least it's there.

First impression is that Jason doesn't interest me as a character. All I know is he's a teenager, a rather generic teenager so far, who likes Japanese culture. Does he swagger when he walks or does he hide his face behind his hair? What does he do in a crisis? I don't know because so far things are only happening to him. He's not being very active. I hope that changes. I need something, anything, that give me a clue to his personality or motivations.

The sudden appearance of the fly-woman and the TV-man was good in that it gave the plot a kick in the pants, but it left me a bit confused. I assume they are representatives of the light/dark forces, but harpy eagle? Hulk-like arms? What is all that about? It sounds a bit ridiculous.

Path Of The Samurai

So, it's continuing with the first person type of narrative, this time with a new character. She's got a Japanese name, practices karate and is "special." Another new character, the dojo master, and he... giggles? Giggling is something children and insane people do, but at least it gives him some kind of personality, I suppose, other than being a generic Wise Old Master. I can't tell if we're supposed to be in Japan (since that's where most people named Ayame live and there's no background on her or anything that says she's living anywhere else), but she uses the word "dude" and that strikes me as very American.

Some of the dialogue is pretty forgetful ("I'm glad you asked") and some of her internal monologue is completely unnecessary and repetitive.
    He looked in fear at the empty entrance. No one was there.

" Master, what's wrong? " I asked, beginning to become frightened. Why was he starring out into space like that? Was there something I couldn't see...what was going on?
    But at least the plot is continuing and you've drawn some rough parallels between the two characters.

As a side note, karate is not a native Japanese martial art and was introduced to Japan only in the 20th century so the likelihood of any samurai ever practicing it is pretty much zero.

Turning Tides

A third character, Alia, again in the first person, who describes herself himself as a slave and then elaborates with a bunch of terms that, basically, mean he is a slave. Again, it seems unnecessary.

The "What?" "What?" dialogue is way to conversational for a story. The way people actually speak would be painfully boring if all dialogue read that way. You know, how there are too many "ums," "yeahs," and the like. And after "What?" "What?" "What?" there's nothing else. Why is that dialogue even there? It should serve a purpose, but I couldn't find any.

That brings me to another point. I've been avoiding mentioning too many technical errors, but really, this needs some proofreading and basic editing. In particular, there are far too many ellipses. They shouldn't be used at the beginning of a sentence or in the middle of one when you should use dashes. Sometimes a paragraph will switch between narration and a character's thoughts and back (This line, for instance: "She continued to stare into my eyes. Just leave...pick up the damn pen and get the hell away from me. I caved in."). That is confusing.

So, Alia is also "special" with some kind of super hearing or mind-reading powers. I can already see where this is headed: more forces in the battle between light and dark are coming to involve/attack him.

---------------

With just your first post in mind I have some general comments. The story feels rough or rushed. Definitely not at a final draft stage. If I had to give you one piece of advice it would be to describe things happening in the story.
    There was silence for an entire minute and then she took hold of me and dragged me outside, the man instantly on our trail.
    This sounds like a passage in a journal, like "I woke up, ate breakfast, and caught the 8:30 bus." I read it and it's over. I might not have even noticed that the scene has shifted to outside because there was just the one word. There was no mention of doors slamming, hurried footsteps or anything like that which would help ground this scene for me.

There is also a lot or repetition. Not repetition exactly. Explaining. There will be a scene with some description or dialogue and right after it will be a line explaining what we already read. For example:
    She pointed to the two men and I didn't even re count before I replied to the women.

" Neither of them are my father, ma'am..."

"...Neither? There is only one man there sweaty. " We both looked at the two men, and she still thought that there was only one person there.
    From "There is only one man there" it was pretty clear that she only though there was one man. Saying that she thought this again is beating a dead horse and a reader might think you were insulting their intelligence by pointing out something so obvious.

Everything has been first person narrative, but each character seems to think in the same way. I think this is a case of your not having fully developed them as separate characters and are basing them all on the same mold. When something happens they all feel the need to defend or elaborate on it.

I fell to the floor, that I could tell by the feel of my body crashing into the tile floor.
    I dig the simultaneous introductions of the characters and was glad to see that they did not all end the same way. I would really like to have seen some more detail on the settings for each part. I can deduce a bit from pieces here and there (it must be contemporary because of the phone), but can only guess at anything more.

Well, I think I've said enough for now. As I said, there's quite a lot to read and I haven't got all the time in the world.

I know I've said a lot and most of it's pretty critical, but don't let that bog you down. Just keep writing regardless of what people say, that's the number one rule. (Listening to feedback is a close second though)

Đ a r κ

Love Intent
    Years
  • Nox pt.2

Within the top floor of the five star hotel, Shelman, Xion stood at the balcony of his suite with his cell phone to his ear. The wind blew at him as he spoke to Alexander, otherwise known as, "Dr. Krage". Xion seemed to smirk as he continued with the conversation, and then he turned his body around, leaning against the steel bars of the balcony. Now looking into his bedroom, he took a moment to look at his lap top which lay upon the king sized bed. He noticed a red flash at the bottom of the screen.

" Well, Alex, thank you for keeping me updated. Also, bring Stacey's body to the rendezvous, we may still be able to use her to our advantage. "

He hung up the phone and walked towards his lap top, sliding his cell into his pocket. The red flashing was an email alert, so Xion clicked on it, opening up a window to his account. He found the new message, eyes widening as he read it's contents.

" A Dark Cloud Is Forming Above You. Your Death Is Imminent. Do Not Attempt To Stop It. You Cannot Stop The Darkness - Nox "

Xion shoved himself away from the computer and into the nearest wall. He was truly afraid. Looking deep into space, he tried to plan the future out with his all knowing ability, but he could not see his death occurring. His cell phone vibrated, frightening Xion even more. Removing it and then flipping it open, there was 1 text message from Tracey. Xion took a moment, scared to read it, but decided to take the chance. It read ' Hey, Arthur thought it'd be funny to send you an email from Nox...sorry. ' Xion was now furious, clenching his phone within his hand, but then another message was received. This time from an unknown number. ' Joshua, A Body Without A Soul Must Not Live Among Us. You Are Corrupted, Thus, I Must Rid Your Body From This World. ' Believing it to be Arthur still, Xion texted back ' Arthur, that's enough. Stop. '

Xion placed his phone on the bed and walked away, but before he could get too far towards the kitchen, it vibrated. The unknown number was calling him. Expecting Arthur's voice, Xion flipped the phone up and answered with an exhausted "What?"

" You're going to die...but not tonight. " An unexpected feminine voice was heard. It sounded whispered, as if she were trying to keep quiet. Ironic, however, that her voice had a type of gentle sound but carrying such a demonic speech. Xion looked at the phone in surprise, noticing a picture message of Xion standing sideways. It appeared to be taken from a far away distance. It's as if Xion just entered a rip-off horror movie. Rushing to his balcony, he took another look at the picture and attempted to find the location of this girl.

Looking far across the way to a company building, one of the windows directly across from Xion's location appeared to have the image of a woman standing, looking towards Xion. Unable to get a clear look at the reflection, he couldn't make out any features. As he blinked once, the reflection had disappeared. Xion motioned himself back, taking hold of the steel bars as the rest of his body fell to the ground, shivering.

" She's coming for me...Jason's the only one who can help, but, how can I convince him? With Nox as a nonexistent being, I can't predict her movements, so I wont know when she'll come for me. I need to contact Jason as soon as possible, " Xion ran for his phone, but stopped while he searched for Jason's number. " Wait, I can't just ask like I haven't caused any harm...It's worth a shot! " He continued to find Jason's number and then began to call.

Not too far away, Jason, Alia, Steve, and Gaby's sleeping body walked around a seemingly lifeless park area. They found two wooden benches opposite of each other. Jason took one bench for Gaby and himself, while Alia and Steve took the other. The trees illuminated what little light that was coming from the sun as it was becoming late. The sky was darkening quickly.

" So what do we do now? " Alia asked as everyone caught their breath. Jason scratched his head with both hands and then sat them on his knees.

" I really don't know. If Xion's really behind this, how are we supposed to stop him, I mean he knows our every move and their affects on the future. "

" Um, sorry to interrupt, but I'm still not very well caught up with all that's happened. " Steve came in, confused. Jason explained things for him.

" Ok, about a month ago, there was a company called the UGPS, a branch of the government that abducted people like Alia and me. They tested on us to give us abilities. They started killing us, so a rebellion was formed which we both took part in. We fought along side Xion, although he turned out to be working for the leader of the company who wanted to take over the world, using an army of superhuman. We killed Lucas, the leader, and restored peace, but now apparently Xion is taking after his master's legacy. Xion has the ability to know everything, so he's really difficult to fight. "

" You both...that's a little out there. "

" You don't believe it? " Alia questioned.

" No, I believe there was a company, but I don't know about all this super power stuff, " Before Steve could say anything else, his body stood up on it's own. " Hey, why'd I get up, I didn't try to do that! "

" I made you do it, I can read and control the minds of others. "

" What, can't control your own? " He continued, sitting down, but Alia forced him to stand back up.

" Why don't we try this again? "

" Uhm...Wow, that's amazing, I completely believe you guys now... " He was then finally able to take his seat. Chuckling in the background, Jason smiled at the two. His phone suddenly sounded off.

" It's Xion. "

" Wait, so you actually have his number in your phone? "

" Ehh, I asked for it when I first got in the rebellion okay...hello? "

" Jason...I know I don't deserve any of your kindness, but I beg of you, help me! "

" ...What is this, some kind of joke? "

" No, just please listen. Long ago, there was an experiment on this girl. It was found out that she controlled something that the company called True Darkness. She can kill anyone at anytime, soul and body, completely obliterating them from existence. Even then we didn't understand all of her powers, that's just the only one we could understand. Back when I had a soul, when my name was Josh, I was able to do extraordinary things that the regular human can truly accomplish on it's own. Lucas thought it was something that could threaten his dream of world domination, so he brought me and the girl together and had her split my soul away from my body. "

" So is that why you don't fear me, because you have no soul for me to rip away from you? Either way, what is it that you want from me? "

" I need you to reunite my soul and body together. "

" What, even if I knew how, why would I want to do that!? "

" Because I'd be different...the other reason why Lucas didn't want me to have a soul is so that emotions wouldn't corrupt my actions. So if you restore my soul, I could be a new person. "

" ...How is it even possible for me to do that, I don't know where your soul is. "

" It doesn't matter, if you give me any soul you have, it will blend to my body and my soul will be reborn. All souls are a piece of light, my body is who I am. If you give me light, my soul will shape itself back together. Please Jason. "

" I don't think I should help you...why would getting your soul back stop this girl anyway? "

" Because I'm a corruption. I'm only a bodily figure roaming the world, but if I'm whole again, she'll let me live. "

" What, so we can get rid of you? "

" ... "

" Either way, you lose Xion. It's the end of the road for you. "

" I'll restore Gabriella's memory and wake her. "

Jason's eyes grew wide, his mouth opening slightly, shocked. Alia and Steve were curious what the conversation was about. Their eyes staid fixed on him. Jason clenched his teeth, frustrated. He took a moment and then loosened up.

" You know...if we have Gaby back, we'll have a fighting chance against you and your side. "

" I know...may the best team win...Stay where you are, I'll come to you. I will bring the one who can fix her condition, and another for protection in case one of you decide to attack. "

" Understood...but you don't move unless we move, deal? "

" Deal, I'll see you soon. "

Both men hung up their phones and placed them away, taking a large sigh. Alia and Steve moved faster than anything Jason's ever seen, rushing towards him, asking, " What happened!? "

" Just do what I say, please, there's not enough time to explain. I'm going to help Xion with something, but only to save Gaby. She'll regain consciousness and we'll be able to defeat Xion after today, but no one make a move when he gets here, understood? "

" Shure... "

" Got it! "

About 30 minutes into 8 O'clock, 3 dark figures could be seen walking towards Jason and their gang. Alia had fallen asleep on Steve's shoulder. Once Jason alerted him of their arrival, he shook Alia awake, who blushed after realizing where she laid her head. Jason stood up and faced Xion as he approached. The 3 stopped and Xion motioned the man on his left towards Gaby. He had dark skin and and nearly black eyes, wearing the same type of coat that everyone on Xion's side seemed to wear. The man leaned to one knee and placed a hand over Gabriella's face. With his thumb and index finger on her temple area, he closed his eyes and focused.

" You might wanna think on where you'll be sleeping tonight, because once we have Gaby, she'll be able to fallow your men anywhere. "

" I'm well aware of that. "

" Xion, I've finished. " The man informed, pulling himself to his feet and walking back to Xion.

" Thank you Marcus. Now for your end of the bargain, Jason. " Xion walked forward. Jason pulled his right hand in front of him and aimed it at Xion, palm facing out.

" Coincidence how I'm giving you the soul I took from Lucas, you plan for this? "

" Coincidence indeed, and no I did not, but you'd be surprised what I have planned for. "

" Whatever... " As Jason focused, an orb of light phased out from his palm and into the open. As he moved it towards Xion, it stopped in mid air as a dark haze formed in front of Jason. A hand came out and took Jason's arm. Soon a woman was revealed with jet black long hair falling to her knees. Jason collapsed, lifeless. The woman watched him fall and then moved her focus to Xion, his men ready to fight.

" You thought you could get rid of me that easily, Xion? I told you, you are going to die...but not tonight, lucky for you. "

" Why, though, if I get my soul back, I will be whole, I wont be a corruption! "

" You tamper with souls...your own at that, so you are corruption. The soul you wish to take is not the one first given to you, so it is not yours to have! " She took hold of the orb and crushed it within her hand. The light glistened as it faded into the night.

" No! " Xion roared, echoing through the park.

" ...Who is that? " Steve whispered to Alia. The woman's attention flashed over to him.

" Who am I, you want to know? " She slowly walked towards him.

" Nox. " Gabriella spoke, waking to Nox's interruption of Jason and Xion's pact. Nox turned to Gaby now.

" You know my name? "

" Yes...and...your brother. "

" Brother!? " She yelled, amazed.

" Brother...? " Xion questioned under his breath.

" Where is he!? " She instantly appeared next to Gabriella's body, squeezing her arms.

" I...I don't know, I really don't. I'm sorry... " Gaby stuttered, afraid.

" No!...Xiooon, you've known all along! " She disappeared and reappeared charging at Xion.

" No, I haven't! "

" Liar! "

" No, honestly...it must be that Gabriella has a soul with addition to her omniscience which she obtained from me...If I had my soul I'd have been able to tell you! "

" ...You coward. " Nox shoved Xion away, turning around into a puff of darkness, and coming out of another next to Gaby. Nox grabbed Gaby by her arm again.

" This girl will lead me to him!...Then I'll come back for you, Xion. " Both Nox and Gabriella vanished into haze. Alia and Steve ran to Jason's body.

" What did she do!? " Alia screeched.

" Xion, we should go. " Marcus alerted.

" ...No...I still need Jason...and he needs me this time. "

...To Be Continued...

Last edited:
    Back