• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Updated Gen 7 PBS files

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 22, 2020
I was wondering if someone has already updated the PBS files up to gen 7 (for Essentials v17.2), specifically the move learnset for every Pokémon and the tm.txt.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Search. If you have searched, mention the threads you've found but aren't what you're looking for, because otherwise you're just gonna get people pointing you towards those.

Years
I did this in one of my projects... but I didn't back it up before I put in two custom types and moves, and changed the movesets to accomodate them. I even updated the TMs too, but then I removed three unpopular TMs and put in some for the new typings, and then listed fakemon in all the TMs (it was my first project, I didn't back up anything). Luckily I still have the sources I used to update the movesets bookmarked on my browser.

I'm sorry, but I can't post links because I never post on PokeCommunity, but if you search "List of modified moves" on Bulbapedia, there is an article on modified moves by generation, from mechanics to power and naming.

There is a Stack Exchange article called "Which Pokemon have had changes to stats, abilities or their movepool in Pokemon Sun/Moon?" that lists moveset and base stat changes from Gen 6 to 7. Although, I'm sure there were changes from 4-5 and 5-6 that would likely have to be included in your project, but you're on your own for those. I think Essentials might even need 3-4 changes, since a lot of it was built on gen 3.

Would be nice if someone posted a resource of updated vanilla moves, movesets, base stat totals, abilities and TMs to current gen.

Last edited:
Back