• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Issue involving glitched menu description box after inserting script

JustWooper

idiot bozo
Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2022
    I'm just getting into making my own Pokemon ROM hack and so far I'm learning how to make scripts in Firered. I'm trying to edit the text of Red's mom, using this tutorial as a guide on how to write a script.
    After I finished making a short message script, I moved onto compiling it and inserting it into the game. I followed this tutorial on how to do so.

After booting up the game and getting to talk to Red's mom, the script worked and showed properly. However, there's a new issue which I'm still confused about on how it occurred.
    When I opened the menu, the blue box that gives a short description of what each menu option does looked glitched.
    Screenshot.png

I'll note what tools I use: XSE, Advance Map v1.92, mGBA 0.8.4 and VBA-M 2.1.4 (both of which have the same issue so I've ruled the possibly it's an emulator issue out)

I can't seem to find anything relating to this issue and I've just started so I don't know if there's an obvious issue I'm missing here.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm just getting into making my own Pokemon ROM hack and so far I'm learning how to make scripts in Firered. I'm trying to edit the text of Red's mom, using this tutorial as a guide on how to write a script.
    After I finished making a short message script, I moved onto compiling it and inserting it into the game. I followed this tutorial on how to do so.

After booting up the game and getting to talk to Red's mom, the script worked and showed properly. However, there's a new issue which I'm still confused about on how it occurred.
    When I opened the menu, the blue box that gives a short description of what each menu option does looked glitched.
    View attachment 99858

I'll note what tools I use: XSE, Advance Map v1.92, mGBA 0.8.4 and VBA-M 2.1.4 (both of which have the same issue so I've ruled the possibly it's an emulator issue out)

I can't seem to find anything relating to this issue and I've just started so I don't know if there's an obvious issue I'm missing here.

I've detailed the cause and solution to this here.

Back