• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex✓] MY FIRERED 1.1 OFFSETS DONT SEEM TO MATCH WITH EVERYONE ELSES

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2021
    I'm very new to rom hacking & Hex and my offsets are seemingly different from what everyone else references.

I'm trying to completely delete the new game intro, which I found a perfect tutorial here

However, the bytes in the offsets on the video are different from mine and I have 0 idea why. Any help is greatly appreciated. <3

I would assume the bytes are just in different offsets as thats what happened with my start spawn bank/map/cords but I was able to find the correct offset whereas this one I cannot.

my FR v1.1 unedited bytes:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/pl6d7TW

videos correct bytes:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/QDOYYiS

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    You're even specifying that you're using 1.1, and you have 0 idea why...?
    Most, if not ALL FireRed rom hacks/tutorials/guides use FireRed 1.0. FireRed 1.0 indeed has most offsets altered from 1.1
    Like you said, the bytes are probably just at different offsets, but if you're going to be following tutorials, you'd better use the same 1.0 rom as those tutorials do

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2021
    Ah, for some reason I never thought it could be the version / that ppl used 1.0 instead.

I was sure this was gonna be a dumb question, but I stuck on this forever, tysm you really helped me out!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    Ah, for some reason I never thought it could be the version / that ppl used 1.0 instead.

I was sure this was gonna be a dumb question, but I stuck on this forever, tysm you really helped me out!

Definitely what Asith said ^^ This was the very first issue I ran into when beginning my Fire Red romhack. AdvanceMap acted weirdly with my copy, and some other tools like G3T just flat out wouldn't open it, saying it was unreadable. Had to scour for my 1.0 copy lol, good luck from here on!

Back