• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Tabula Rasa: Currently Recruiting Composers, Spriters, and Artists

Vxpor

Vxpor
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Tabula_Rasa_logo_halved.png

Pokémon Tabula Rasa, inspired by Reborn and Insurgence, is a story-driven fangame with 2 brand new regions!

Showcase2.png
    Story
    Before the events of Tabula Rasa, the main protagonist and their rival travel to a distant region while their home region's Pokemon League is being developed. When they discover that this new region doesn't have a current champion, the protagonist and the rival decide to battle each other for the crown. During the battle, the protagonist is finally "beaten" via an intentional hit which causes them to go into a severe coma. Years later, the protagonist wakes up from their coma and realizes that they've been taken in by Professor Oleaster and his apprentice, your rival. After some encouragement, the rival gets the protagonist to become a trainer once again to travel across the brand new Pokemon League in their home region that spans across both Anphelio and Pansperma

Plans for the game
    - Fully custom OST
    - Custom Battle Backgrounds
    - New Evolution Gimmick
    - OPTIONAL* 12 Gym Challenge (4 in Anphelio, 8 in Pansperma)
    - Custom Anphelion and Panspermanian regional variants for over 150+ Pokémon
    - Unique Idle Animations for Each Character Choice
    - Brand New Fakemon
    - 3 New Legendaries
    - Seasons Mechanic
    - Secret Bases/Houses
    - Stealth Sections
    - Expansive postgame

We are currently working hard on this game and would love some extra, decently-to-very devoted reinforcement in the following roles:
    - Spriters (All are in a GEN 4/5 STYLE)
    Spriters are very diverse so I will break it down into the following categories:

Trainers

- Trainer Sprites, Overworlds, Vs. Mugshots, etc.

Pokemon

- Sprite/design (come up with) Regional Forms, Cut-Off (Not full body) Backsprites, some Overworlds, Icons, etc.

Tiles

- Tiles/tilesets in a (Gen 4/5 style) for everything ranging from Routes and cities to the Elite Four rooms. These must be made with the RPG Maker format in mind (32x32)
    - If you don't know what kind of style I am talking about, please message me for a better understanding

Item Icons
    - Sprite icons for items ranging from new Poke balls to HM Items and Mega Stones

UI

- New UI, including but not limited to, Pokedex, Pause Menu, Pokemon Storage Box, and Minigames

Large-Scale Pixel Art

- Pixel Art for the title screen, credit images, battle backgrounds, promotional art, etc.
    Composers
    - Compose custom tracks for Towns/Cities, POIs, Routes/Caves, Encounter/Character Themes, Battle and Victory Themes, Sound Effects, and Remasters of old tracks

- Must also have the ability to make tracks using Gen 4/5 Soundfonts those of which I can provide
    Ruby Scripters
    - Scripters are tasked with coding new features, menus/UI, ability/move codes, adapting old scripts for new versions of Essentials, etc

- Scripters must be experienced in Ruby scripting
    Artists
    - Artists will make concepts for Pokemon, items, trainers, and so forth

- They can also make storyboards for stuff like intros, cutscenes, promotional videos, etc

If you would like to join our project please contact me through our Discord, Twitter, or email that are listed below!

Official Discord
    https://discord.gg/nccNGub

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/PokemonTRasa

Email
    [email protected]

You can check out the main thread here
    Check out the main thread!

Last edited:

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bump: We are still looking for a composer/composers for the OST!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bump: We are now capped off on concept artists! We are still currently looking for one more spriter (pokemon sprites/trainers/overworlds) and an animator/artist for our game's intro! If interested, join our discord, email us, or contact me directly!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bump: A little update on recruitment. We are still looking for another composer to make the game's soundtrack/sound effects. We are using a mix of Pokemon soundfonts, but mainly Gen 4 DPPT soundfonts for our game. The second composer will also be working with our main composer, helping each other out with suggestions and other overall comments on their compositions. Most of our other positions are filled at the moment, but we are still taking community help. If anyone is interested, please contact me in any way through our email, discord, or twitter. Thank you for all the interest and kind remarks and we will have a status update coming soon!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bump: We are looking for regional variant spriters, trainer spriters, overworld spriters, promotional artists, large-scale spriters, battle/route composers, and programmers! If anyone is interested, please reach out to us, and also please have some previous work to show your development in that category!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bump: Updated the forum for our last available positions on the dev team. Once again, don't feel afraid to reach out to us, but if you do, please have some sort of piece ready to show us your experience in that certain role!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bump: We are still recruiting for the roles that are listed on the post!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bump: Hey there once again. I'm back to inform you all that our team has recently had some new positions open up for more people to join our project! If anyone is interested in joining our team to help work on the project, please reference the listed roles we are looking for on our main post.

We are mainly looking for devoted members that can work long-term on the project. If you are interested, please contact me through any of the socials linked at the bottom of our main post. If you do decide to apply, please be ready to show some of your best previous works as examples to prove your experience in said role/s. Thanks!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    August Bump: We are still looking for the positions listed on the main post. The main ones we are looking for out of the bunch are spriters and scripters.

If you'd like to apply to any of the roles listed on the main post, please contact me through the listed contact methods at the bottom of the post.

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    September Bump: Check the listed roles on the main forum as we are still recruiting for Tabula Rasa.

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    October Bump: Still recruiting the roles listed in the main post. If you're interested in joining the team in any capacity, please contact me

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    November Bump: We are still recruiting all of the positions listed on the main post. If you have any questions or have a skillset not listed on the main post but still want to apply, feel free to reach out to me through any of the methods of contact listed at the bottom of the main post.

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    December/January Bump: We are still looking for additional help for Tabula Rasa. If you are interested in any capacity, please reach out to me

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    March Bump/Update: We're back working on Tabula Rasa after a short hiatus! We're still looking to bring in more people to our team, but we are mainly looking to add artists (People/Pokemon/Promotional Art). If you are interested in any way, don't be afraid to reach out!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    July Bump: We are still looking for help on our tileset, character art, and designers for regional variants. If any of these apply to you and you'd like to help, please don't hesitate reaching out!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bump: Still looking to recruit new team members. Mainly looking for composers (to help our main composers wrap up the OST) and Spriters (to help out main spriters finish up fakemon and regional sprites/icons, as well as some trainer sprites here and there)

Back