• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon True Kanto

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Pokemon True Kanto
    a hack for Pokemon FireRed​

Download: Pokemon True Kanto, Exp Version and Documents (Remember to patch the Squirrels 1636 version of Pokemon FireRed, others may result in issues or bugs)

Hello everybody and welcome to my introduction of this new and exciting MOD
    This here will be a spoiler free introduction, down below there will be a spoiler full version
    What is this MOD and why did i create it? Well, this is a challenge, this is a hard challenge of the original journey us pokemon trainers did.
    In here there will be new and improved trainers, gym leaders and rivals other than rebalanced pokemons so that basically everyone is viable (or more than before for the weakest ones)
    I wanted to recreate the REAL journey a TRUE champion would make, so much of the original journey made little to no sense and in here i (at least tried to) fix those to bring upon you a true and exciting journey

This game is best balanced for a Nuzlocke type of gameplay (better too with Level Caps), it has a steady increase in difficulty (with maybe only one spike along the journey) from slighlty harder than vanilla to (i might say) Kaizo level for the e4 and champion. But nothing prevents anyone to play it casually and still have fun with the added challenge in here. It's a game, have fun

Now, do you really want to spoil more about it? Are you sure? If so, keep reading

Spoiler:

EXP VARIANT

This version of the game as the same changes as the Main Game but in addition
    - Pokemon will not gain exp from battles
    - Rare Candies are available at every Mart
    - Nuggets are hidden around the world
    - Pay Day is no longer available

The Exp Variant adds an even harder money management part to the gameplay, this makes the early to mid game a little easier because you can always be at the level cap without risking to overlevel while making the late to end game harder because you'll have less money to buy important items such as: held items, berries and vitamins

If anyone has any suggestions or idea after plaing it, i am open to (at least try) to make those happen (if they make sense in this specific ROM)
    have fun everybody

PS: i have played throught it myself at least 10 times fully (and more than 50 for the Nuzlocke ahah) and had friends playtest it, but, if you should ever encounter any bug or issue just let me know and i'll try to fix it

KNOWN BUGS and other issues:
    Do NOT change the text speed, it is alrady set at max speed, if you try to make it faster it will just disappear (finding a way to prevent player to modify the speed at all)
    1) if you enter the third floor of the celadon city dept store the game freezes. I couldn't find any way to resolve this but, since the third floor has litterally nothing in it, i blocked the stairway; please do not enter the floor from the elevator, it will crash the game
    2) Bill in Cinnabar Island: for some reason the new rival ash gets possessed by Bill after beating blaine and still asks you to follow him to the sevii island even if i removed the event, beside that nothing happens
    3) any item picked up from the overworld shows a "!n" textbox for some reason
    4) This happened only on myGBA (and not to everyone, so not even consistent as a bug), i couldn't replicate it on VisualBoy or no$GBA, if you talk twyce to the mart clerk before giving the parcel to oak it softlocks

For More informations, discussions and direct questions to me
    Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/8y5zhCCSD3
    It's new and still in development but everyone is welcome

Ignore the file down below, it is an old patch i wrongly attached and can't remove lol use the link up above

Attachments

• Pokemon True Kanto.ips
      59 KB · Views: 94
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    For those who wants to play with level caps, here you are the list with the level of every gym leader + elite 4 ace pokemon

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    up, in hope someone else tries it and gives any feedback :D

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    if anyone has dowloaded the rom in the last week i have updated it multiple times since than
    all small changes but i have someone else trying it and giving a lot of feedback
    again they are really small changes like adding the TM for swift in vermilion city since surge loves to spam double team
    and similar

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • Questionable. Neat, but if I wanted to go through Kanto vanilla, I'd just play Yellow.

Also, what do ya mean by 'no more random order' exactly? Is the player not allowed to free roam after getting Cut or something? Its really vague.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    obviously it's not kanto vanilla
    it's base on kanto vanilla but every single boss fight is changed, more are added and the journey itself is changed
    this is not like playing yellow...like at all

the "no more random order" means that you have requirements to enter each gym so you have to do them in a specific order, this allows a better and higher scaling for levels
    you can free roam but can't challenge the gyms if not in the intended order

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Update

Some bug fixes, slight rebalance of some mons after players feedback

pls continue playing and, if possible, write any feedback in this thread, it's kinda hard to follow in private message
    thanks
    and have fun everybody

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    UPDATE

- nerfed a battle that was too hard (admin double fight)
    - buffed multiple battles that were too easy (early gauntlets and gym leaders tweak)
    - added multiple nuggets to the Exp Variant
    - bug fixes

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    Uh question when I am at Cinnabar Island I cannot find Bill nor can I enter the Pokemon Mansion, can someone help me?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Uh question when I am at Cinnabar Island I cannot find Bill nor can I enter the Pokemon Mansion, can someone help me?

Bill is not needed, while for entering pokemon mansion you need to find the rock smash TM
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2023
    Hi this looks really cool. I was wondering if the patch is still outdated. Also the discord dosen't work anymore

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Hi this looks really cool. I was wondering if the patch is still outdated. Also the discord dosen't work anymore

actually never updated it anymore
    i've worked a lot on the new one
    New Generations
    has basically the same framework but is waaaaaay better, corrected the discord link

Back