• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porting Emerald's stats judge to FireRed

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Is it possible to port the stats judge from Emerald to FireRed? If so, how? Would it be easier to, for example, replace the Lavender Town's name rater for it?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • There aren't any in-game ways to get a Pokemon's IVs in FR, but there are a number of ASM routines floating around that can be used to recreate the judge.

The main issue is that you need to be able to read a Pokemon's IVs which impossible without decrypting a Pokemon's data. JPAN's engine, Doesntknowhowtoplay's substructure decryption and FBI's routine can give you access to a Pokemon's IVs and from there on its just a little bit of work to get a fully functioning script going. I had some time and wanted to flex my scripting muscles so I wrote a script that would work with JPAN's engine. It can probably be cleaned up a bit and doesn't have a feature in Emerald: if two stats are the same, it chooses one at random and rates it. This script has a hierarchy of HP > Attack > Defense > Speed > SpAtt > SpDef. So if a Pokemon's HP and SpDef both have 31 IVs the rater will always talk about the Pokemon's HP being flawless and never the Sp.Def.

Anyway, enjoy.

Spoiler:

You don't need to use all of JPAN's engine to get this script to work (though I'd advise using it as its really good stuff), only specials 0x6, 0x8, and 0x3E.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • I've had a couple of PMs sent my way asking questions about the script in my (surprisingly popular) post. I've updated it with annotations to help anybody who is interested in knowing what all the variables and specials mean as well as how I manipulated them in JPAN's engine/ the script's loop.

Back