• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] replacing battle backgrounds and great marsh graphics in pokemon platinum?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2022
    hello! so i'm a complete novice at rom hacking (especially nds) but i've been poking around with pokemon platinum with various different tools, and i just can't seem to figure out how/where to change the battle background graphics or the great marsh-specific graphics (as in, throwing mud or bait.)
    i'm guessing the great marsh graphics have something to do with moves, but i have no idea where to find those, and as for the battle backgrounds i found battle/graphic/batt_bg.narc and battle/graphic/pl_batt_bg.narc, but both of them are just full of a whole bunch of .bin files and palettes, and if i unpack the .bin files using tinke i can't really make heads or tails of what i'm looking at anyway.
    i've done some looking for tutorials but i haven't managed to find any, but if there's some around that i've just overlooked please let me know!
    i really hope i'm not doing something wrong, i don't really know how to properly ask people for help, and i kind of only made this account for this thread...

Back