• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Strange Error on my Game

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    I've been trying to update my game from v17 to v19. I've been uploading all the scripts, so I don't know if that has something to do with it, but it gave me this strange error.
    Spoiler:

It's in the GameData section of the scripts, but I'm not even sure what this error is. I didn't even touch this GameData script. I think the line that it's trying to get me to fix is in line 62 and 221. 62 simply says: const_set(:DATA, load_data("Data/#{self::DATA_FILENAME}"))
    Before that, in line 61, it's: def load
    Seems like it has something to do with what it says, but I don't know what to fix.
    Then in line 221: Species.load
    I really don't understand what it's trying to get me to fix here. But that's just the first few. There's also errors for StartGame and Main. If I could get some help, that would be great, thanks.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    The error is in line 62 of section 101. The rest is there because the method that was defined in that line was called in said lines.

Anyways, could I have some info on what you changed? Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023
    What I did is just go to the project file in the folder for the game, and as SOON as the window pops up, you hit the CTRL button. Then you'll see that it's starting to load something, and it will most likely fix the error.

Back