• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
  • Wow some of those features sound like they'll be difficult to implement... Well anyway, Good Luck Blacksprite, your project's looking great!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • This game looks very impressive but since you're so far into it, don't you think it's time to change those screens on the first page?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Wow, my last visit here was September 06, I hope it's finished soon, I still can't wait lol.

Years
  • Hey, here's an idea, when you go to make a character, you pick their hair and stuff, and get a random outfit from a set of Beginning Trainer outfits? Then you can buy more pieces of clothes from people.
    WOW! If he uses that idea I could pick an afro as an hair style!

Here's another idea! How bout you get to choose your age in the game, and not have an age limit like 13 and older.

Years
  • My god, if this is going to be all that you say it is its going to be more awsome than any of the latest official versions. Please is there anything I can do to help. I want to see this game working as soon as possible.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • I'm back

Hey, all.
    I have moved down to NZs Capital to start University, and only recently got internet access, so I have not been able to keep up with the forum until now.

@ blacksprite:what do you mean with colors and paint
    you meand for like houses or for items or for something else ?
    Colors or paint are used as part of the manufacturing process for furniture, textiles, Pokeballs, etc. i'm not sure about houses, but it would be logical.

This game looks very impressive but since you're so far into it, don't you think it's time to change those screens on the first page?
    Needs new screens :/ Otherwise, looks awesome!
    I agree, the screnshots don't really show the game off as what it is at the current stage. Why havent updated them? because during a redesign of the mapping system, blacksprite changed the entire way the maps were read and written, making the file sizes smaller, etc. Those maps had to be deleted and we are unwilling to recreate the maps until we are confident no more alterations will be made to the mapping system, so until then, it would be a technical impossibility to create (legitimate) screenshots.

Is there only going to be 150 defferent type to get?
    None from advanced generation games?
    This game is based on the original Pokemon (Red,Yellow,Blue) GB/GBC Games, thus there are only 150 pokemon and the map is only the Kanto Region.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2010
    Hey, all.
    I have moved down to NZs Capital to start University, and only recently got internet access, so I have not been able to keep up with the forum until now.

Colors or paint are used as part of the manufacturing process for furniture, textiles, Pokeballs, etc. i'm not sure about houses, but i guess so.

I agree, the screnshots don't really show the game off as what it is at the current stage. Why havent updated them? because during a redesign of the mapping system, blacksprite changed the entire way the maps were read and written, making the file sizes smaller, etc. Those maps had to be deleted and we are unwilling to recreate the maps until we are confident no more alterations will be made to the mapping system, so until then, it would be a technical impossibility to create (legitimate) screenshots.

This game is based on the original Pokemon (Red,Yellow,Blue) GB/GBC Games, thus there are only 150 pokemon and the map is only the Kanto Region.

then you should make more regions which you can visit and still go back to the old.

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • We have said many times:
    whitesprite said:
    We would prefer to focus on the original region and pokemon, this limits the work we have to do and should improve the quality of the game.
    also:
    whitesprite said:
    Adding more regions or pokemon means we cant focus on adapting the game into a Mass Multiplayer environment, meaning that many things need adapting to make the game enjoyable, ie. the original maps are too small, the economy is too simple etc.
    These things cant be done as well if we focus on other very time consuming things, such as adding in more pokemon.

Sorry to the people i didnt get to reply to in the last two posts, if blacksprite doesnt cover your questions by the time i come back next, I will answer them then, provided i remember them or we havent gone onto the next page.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I believe that having this game have limitations will make it more enjoyable, and run smoother, the best were the original anyway, honestly who wants a bidoof, unknown, sentret, or any number of other stupid characters. By leaving out the later generations the the makers are going to have this game done much sooner then if they had to create all 4 countries and 493 diffrent pokemon.

pyro903

╠═P═Z═Y═R═0? ?╣
    Years
  • right, (i know this sounds stupid) but will you be able to walk freely or (sorry blacksprite) like on pokemon crater where you move slowly one square at a time?

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2014
    When is the first client coming out? I am so itching to play this!

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2008
    cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • BlackSprite, sry to say, but your Thread (The whole Thread) has been stolen.
    Look -link removed-

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back