• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have a plan for misty's return to the anime

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2014
    Nintendo thinks that misty will be the end of the series but, she might be the revival. If ash and misty reunite, and declare their love for each other then about when ash is married to misty, they might have children that will become pokemon trainers. Then the series will continue on after that. Nintendo might be able to make more games then they could make more money off of the sudden game increase.

So who's with me!
    (if nintendo wanted to they could keep ash and misty by having them follow their children.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotepadScrawls

Mugging Student
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2014
    Ash and Misty: Scriptwriter's Gameplay

So first off I'd like to say that I recognize that this is a really old topic that has been done a thousand times already, and no I'm not going to talk about how Ash and Misty should or should not have been together, or how they compare to Ash's pairings with his other female friends. However, after studying Jane Austen for my literature text in school, how Fanny and Edmund's relationship was built upon and foreshadowed so much throughout the novel of Mansfield Park, only to for an anticlimax at the end, it got me wondering if the writers of Pokemon were attempting a similar thing with Ash and Misty.

You see, now that I think about it, isn't Ash's journey similar to what we all experience in real life? We all want to have one, or a couple of best childhood friends who stick with us all throughout our lives, but is that really the case? Often we grow really close to people and we feel like we can never do without them, but soon enough its time for us to go our separate ways. Of course I know that the Pokemon anime is used to promote the games, which is why they have in-game characters accompany Ash on his journey, but for me, this is a more realistic interpretation of human relationships than having a best friend or two stick with you all their lives. After all, everyone has got to run after their own goals.

I haven't been keeping up with the anime, but I was looking up articles on Misty and I came across somebody mentioning that Misty's lure made an appearance during Diamond and Pearl and Ash was using it. He was so protective of it that he wouldn't even let Dawn touch it. To me it showed a side of Ash that was sensitive towards people inside of Pokemon and that was nice for a change.

In any case, those are my two cents worth. I'd also like to add that maybe the writers are afraid or reluctant to write Misty back in because, even after 10 years people are still talking about her, and therefore expectations would be high. Much better to leave things as they are instead of writing her back, failing, and entirely ruining Misty's character. The Pokemon Scriptwriters are definitely doing something right if they are able to succeed in keeping us enraptured by the series even after so many years. Maybe that's the whole reason why they leave so many loose ends untied. With Giovanni, the G.S. Ball, Professor Ivy, and the list goes on and on. People keep checking back in hoping to see, even though they know that it is very unlikely, whether the loose end that has been bugging them for so long as been finally concluded. Maybe that's where the success of the Pokemon Scriptwriters lie.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    If we think about this for a second Misty isn't really hindered by anything particularly major which would prevent her return to pokemon series.

Down below ill explain more thoroughly why im of belief how Misty could in reality return at any point if director and writers deem such move as beneficial for anime series:

For start from game perspective in order for her to thrive and move forward character isn't dependant on game features and assets like contests which happens to apply for Dawn or May for example. No; with Misty whole storyline, dreams of becoming water pokemon master and reach heights of other powerful water users(Wallace, Siebold, her rolemodel Lorelei)is anime exclusive. Coming straight from writers head and imagination being able to create tournaments, benchmarks, obstacles and issues she would need to overcome basically in every region and make viable story arc out of it. Like they did with Whirl Cup and Whirl islands archipelago, Orange Islands, Decolora Islands, pokeringers etc.

For that reason alone most suitable time to bring Misty back and provide sequel to story would be in filler arcs taking place after regional league like Battle Frontier was not interfeting with advertizing and allowing writers to tweak around things and use them to their own according to higher level of liberty.

Although implementing Misty in main region could be viable too,

Tying entertainment value with promotional features.Such as playing role with legendary water types like Kyogre was in Hoenn helping to resolve it and advance her understanding for this specie. Enrich on plot introducing experts such as Siebold E4 of water pokemon for example hosting tournaments to represent himself in better light, along with Misty entering them to prove worth and be noticed for her abilities in coming for recommendation for E4 position herself making her top water trainber in world.is first true E4 member using water pokemon.

Also Misty in games isn't tied to any generation as representative of specific saga being gym leader and therefore making it easier to transfer her to any other regions even if she dont exist in games. Since unlike May, Dawn, Hilbert, Leaf, Lucas etc who are main protagonist of certain generation of pokemon and their representatives making people associate that certain generation with them, in gym leaders case there doesnt exist such burden or handicap making i easier to justify their stay. Hence explaining why Brock stayed for so long despite not existing in Ruby, Sapphire or Diamond and Pearl..

Shes also original and iconic female being there when everything started, with practice from others shows showing how original characters never end up forgotten sooner or latter getting recognition.
    And way writers replaced character not defining her fiuture allows them to tale Misty charascter in any direction they wish.

If we go back in past and recall on events taking place there reason Misty returned to Cerulean taking care of gym is because of lazy, unreliable sisters and obligation . Later through chronicles and cameos showing desire to travel again and explore new regions, but also feeling she dont have much choice but to stay there until substitute is found or her older siblings start taking their responsibilities seriously.
    Writers placed Misty in catch 22 situation showing desire to be more than gym leader and advance her career but due to external factors not being able to do it for time being as device to keep her of main cast.

Not having character change its career like Brock or Gary did, not being known in what way situation with gym is going to play out leaving her future and what she plans to do with life completely uncleared and undefined.

Thus opening door to do whatever they want creating continuation of her story and picking up from where they stopped. Invoking desire in characterr to go travel again, explore new regions, pokemon and enter new tournaments to develop bew techniques. Meet powerful water experts and advance her dream of becoming water pokemon master through tournament, top water trainer in wiorld living up to her idol E4 Lorelei.

Doing follow up in sense of creating chain of events using water to full potential serving as further steps forward(water tournamnts similar to Whirl Cup, races, underwater battles etc), introducing to her rival which strives for same thing, add new dimensions to poke team by catching various dual water types creating diversity in her team etc. Heck we could see her learning how to utilize Psyduck properly, Surskit which is half bug would make things hilarious serving as test to determine if she could overcome her panic bugphobia since its water pokemon etc.

Misty dream also lies on foundations which indirectly draw many connections and paralels to Ash character and main plot of becoming pokemon master with both strving to become best trainers out there. As different class of trainers that is which often sparled competitive fire and small rivalry between them in series in both being stubboirn and very adamant in achieving their aims. Because of that reason alone Misty life path has predispositions to intertwine with Ash's lifeline again more than its case with other companions even longterm wise, such as joining cast again.
    Since her dream is to become top class of water trainer in world she could enter tasks she would need to pass to determine if she has potential to become E4 , which instantly draws parallel with Ash story serving as link to it .
    After all E4 are best one type trainers and seeing how Lorelei is her idol opens interesting premise of ending as powerful water trainer or E4 member apprentice in future serving as reasonable step forward from position shes put in now. With Ash needing to challenge and beat those members to earn right to battle champion, with Misty involvement actuakly helping him to better understand their strength and weaknesses and how to better prepare for his match vs them.

Thanks to Misty involvement in trying to plead to E4 members like Siebold or Lorelei, showcsase her skills through tournaments and use accumulated knowledge and increase of responsibility at gym in new challenges, trainers and tasks she would face.

Trying to become E4 member going on special hardcore training, battling testers certified by poke league, enter special tournaments etc.

Which has potential to become reality in games too in case we ever get sequel on what happened in Heart Gold, Soul Silver with Misty worshipping just like in show E4 Lorelei in games stating she plans to leave gym to improve skills, battle stronger trainers implicating aim to reach higher position than gym leader such as promotion to E4 member of water pokemon. Becoming first female in history of anime and games who would be elite trainer of this specie.

And call me bias but her personality always seemed more engaging and richer than its case with other girls.
    Her cynical side, snarky jokes, arguments and moral support she provided added that spark to main cast which was lost ever since she left series which caused drop of quality in group interactions and that incredible humor she brought imo.

Lastly Misty legacy she left behind herself is strong enough that people memory havent faded of character even after being absent for almost decade.
    Her established strong popularity, appealing factor and iconic status pretty much guarantees how Misty return could help restore ratings attracting more of older fans toward anime, increase sales and anime reputation to higher degree.

Since she was in show at time when it was most popular being known and accepted among wider group of fans.
    For same reason out of Ash older pokemon there is a reason why his original team, especially Charizard is going to be glorified over Sceptile, Infernape, Torkoal etc since he is much more iconic and recognizable worldwide establishing stronger popularity and charisma about himself that his successors could.

In here im not trying to play favorites, but logically in case of reviving older character back in anime writers would resort to ones who provide most optimal way to bring benefit and return money invested in his revival and all trouble writing staff has gone through to restore his role.

With new director in charge for anime(i think hes called Tetsuo Yajima), games and pokemon company seem to be paying more attention to older fans through throwbacks to Kanto, Charizard return, creation of Origins, 4kids songs and theme being used in XY etc. Being part of pokemon company plan to allure more of fans back into franchise and anime series.

We cannot completely disregard chance that popular ex main characters come in consideration among pokemon staff to receive follow up and chance for us to enjoy in their story, quirks and great personalities.
    Relying on hype, appeal and excitement their comeback could provide for storyline and people interest to see those from their childhood updated and taken in new direction.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Agreed that she needs to return, or at least actually be allowed to continue her journey with or without Ash instead of being stuck at the gym. It would also act as a ratings boost for the Anime as well, we know it certainly did with her previous appearances. Right now, she can't participate in the goal she strived to achieve thanks to her sisters. At least May, Max, Dawn, Iris, and Tracey actually pursued their goals (even completed them in the case of Max and Tracey), and even Brock evaded Misty's fate by changing his goal.

Besides, other than possibly Iris, she was pretty much unique among female cast members, as she didn't act like the typical stereotype for females in Anime, a stereotype that my mom hated, and I know at least one Japanese woman who hated it as well.

They definitely need to, if not bring her back onto the main cast, then certainly at least make sure she actually pursues her goals. Her parents are alive anyways (one of the staff at Pokémon confirmed that with a Pokeshipper interviewer), so that would serve as a reason for them taking back the gym if necessary.

Let me make one thing clear, though, while Pokeshipping may have been the main reason for some Misty fans to bring her back, I personally don't care one way or another if they get some romance (they're kids anyways, and besides, I don't usually recognize romance unless its Love at First Sight, you can thank Disney for that). And I've given up on feminism as a motive thanks to a horrible few years at College where I was exposed to lies that feminists pushed (such as women not getting an education at all until the 1960s) or their insulting us Christian heterosexual males.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a huge fan of Misty, and it'd feel great to see her return once more. I could imagine for her and Ash to be in love, to some degree, but personally, I just don't think that they'd go as far as marrying; showing a few romantic scenes is the deepest I'm able to see them travel, sadly. Of course, this is Pokémon we're talking about, so I suppose it's all still possible, in some way, so long as they mange to keep everything family-friendly!

Guest123_x1

As much as I'd like to seen Misty return, I can guarantee it's never going to happen again. Her last appearance was sometime during Hoenn, and that was only for a very brief period.
    Once a female traveling companion of Ash is replaced, she'll return briefly in the succeeding arc, and then is never to be seen again after that.
    Even if Misty did return, I seriously doubt there'd be any romantic stuff going on between her and Ash anyway. Why else were the rumors of them kissing 'on the last episode' that were spread around many years ago proven to be false? (These rumors pop up about Ash kissing whatever new female character he travels with every time, only, of course, to be proven false.) Even 'leaked' screenshots of Ash kissing a female traveling mate are fake/Photoshopped.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    As much as I'd like to seen Misty return, I can guarantee it's never going to happen again. Her last appearance was sometime during Hoenn, and that was only for a very brief period.
    Once a female traveling companion of Ash is replaced, she'll return briefly in the succeeding arc, and then is never to be seen again after that.
    Even if Misty did return, I seriously doubt there'd be any romantic stuff going on between her and Ash anyway. Why else were the rumors of them kissing 'on the last episode' that were spread around many years ago proven to be false? (These rumors pop up about Ash kissing whatever new female character he travels with every time, only, of course, to be proven false.) Even 'leaked' screenshots of Ash kissing a female traveling mate are fake/Photoshopped.

Never say never regarding a Misty appearance. Heck, there was a hint a couple of months ago that Misty might reappear in XY via a tweet from Mayumi Iizuka, regarding Scandal or something on Star TV. Besides, she certainly has a better chance at reappearing than, say, May, since at least Mayumi Iizuka is still finding work as a VA, while KAORI, May's voice actress, retired to become a pop singer.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Misty hasn't appeared in the show since 2005. By next year it'll have been an entire decade since she last even got a cameo role, let alone 12-13 years since she was part of the cast.

Misty won't appear in XY, just like she didn't appear in Best Wishes or DP before that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Misty hasn't appeared in the show since 2005. By next year it'll have been an entire decade since she last even got a cameo role, let alone 12-13 years since she was part of the cast.

Misty won't appear in XY, just like she didn't appear in Best Wishes or DP before that.

If she wasn't going to appear in XY, then please explain why Mayumi Iizuka indicated that Misty would be appearing soon in a tweet two months back: https://twitter.com/MayuTama0103/status/467796348264120320

"Pokemon get ☆ TV done!?! I now have! Kasumi"

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2017
    Nintendo thinks that misty will be the end of the series but, she might be the revival. If ash and misty reunite, and declare their love for each other then about when ash is married to misty, they might have children that will become pokemon trainers. Then the series will continue on after that. Nintendo might be able to make more games then they could make more money off of the sudden game increase.

So who's with me!
    (if nintendo wanted to they could keep ash and misty by having them follow their children.
    I really want this to happen..it would be the best ending ever..seeing ash n misty reunite would be a very nice feeling..but I don't know if it will ever happen or not.

Hackode007

TQ Supremacy
    Years
  • Well, I think this idea of continuing the series is very good! And Nintendo could even make games on ash and misty after that!

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Romance is not gonna happen. This should be in the shipping section. But Misty is the brst candiate for off screen shipping with ash.

Back