• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Is It just me.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
  • Is it just me this site keeps on crashing or sometimes i get this message The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
    RESOLVED

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Nah, it happens. Luckily it's not for very long, usually.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    Well, quite frankly I went to pokecommunity three times a day for two days and each time it was down.
    (The server was not too busy pokecommunity just wasn't up.)

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • its never happened to me?

some people have told me that if you dnt log off and just exit out of pokecom when you wnt to stop, the server full thing wont happen when you get back on.
    and
    they usely put up a notice that warns you that the site will be down ona certain day or time for maitanince or watev.
    or
    maybe your just unlucky

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • I know it's been answered, but it wasn't answered very well.
    Basically, the server that PC is located on is constantly taking requests for member's posting, and even just viewing. The more requests, the more the server load. Servers have a "cap" or maximum load they can take. Once the server load reaches it's cap, it denies all requests for until the server load is at a steady and safe level.
    In other words, PC's server hit it's maximum load, and you were trying to access it, so it denied your request to view the index or whatever thread, profile, blog, anything.

That's also why it helps not to constantly hit the F5 key (refresh button) in Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome/Safari/Your browser.
    If you request, the server load will deny it and spend more time denying that request than letting the load go down.

I hope that helped.

@Below: Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • I know it's been answered, but it wasn't answered very well.
    Basically, the server that PC is located on is constantly taking requests for member's posting, and even just viewing. The more requests, the more the server load. Servers have a "cap" or maximum load they can take. Once the server load reaches it's cap, it denies all requests for until the server load is at a steady and safe level.
    In other words, PC's server hit it's maximum load, and you were trying to access it, so it denied your request to view the index or whatever thread, profile, blog, anything.

That's also why it helps not to constantly hit the F5 key (refresh button) in Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome/Safari/Your browser.
    If you request, the server load will deny it and spend more time denying that request than letting the load go down.

I hope that helped.

And to the person who neg-repped me for this:
    It's very funny how there wasn't a valid answer, isn't it?
    And also, DOES IT REALLY FREAKING MATTER???
    The original poster NEVER EVEN said that it was fixed, therefore it wasn't solved.
    IN. Your. Face.
    Thanks for answering in more depth I understand now and I gave pos-rep to make up for someone eles actions

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • It's just you. NO JUST KIDDING LOL

Just make sure you don't push the refresh button when that occurs. By pushing the refresh button, I mean spamming on it, rapid fire clicking like there's no tomorrow because PC's down for 10 minutes. Doing that only makes it take longer to get back up :(

Back