• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Signpost Event Triggers When Moving to Tile Below It

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Couldn't find the so-called "simple questions" subforum, so I guess if it's that big of a deal someone can move this post...

So I made a signpost with your basic "msgbox" command, and it works fully. However, for some reason, when the player enters the tile where he should be pressing "A", the msgbox triggers automatically as if I pressed A. Pressing A after the fact still works properly, and I think it has something to do with "signpost type." This is probably a stupid question but how do I make it so the script only triggers while facing the event and pressing A?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Open the block editor and click the tile with the signpost.
    There in the behaviour byte you will see 84 in the behaviour byte.
    Set it to 0 and you get the desired result.

Oh so that's why there were two tiles that looked exactly the same; the other one was a $00 version :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Couldn't find the so-called "simple questions" subforum, so I guess if it's that big of a deal someone can move this post...

So I made a signpost with your basic "msgbox" command, and it works fully. However, for some reason, when the player enters the tile where he should be pressing "A", the msgbox triggers automatically as if I pressed A. Pressing A after the fact still works properly, and I think it has something to do with "signpost type." This is probably a stupid question but how do I make it so the script only triggers while facing the event and pressing A?

FireRed automatically displays Signpost text when walking into a sign. Just facign the sign triggers it. Only FRLG do this.

Back