• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Souls Unbound

zedcoeur

Zed Coeur
Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2022
    Hello, everyone! My name is Zed_Coeur, and I am currently developing a large Pokemon fan-game that uses Pokemon Essentials v18.1. Currently, the project is in need of many different positions:

- Lead Artists
    >Concept art for Fakemon designs, mega evolutions, and other forms
    >Official artwork for human characters as well as specific items

- Generation 5 sprite artists
    >Front, back, overworld, and icon sprites for fakemon, mega evolutions, and other forms
    >Item icon sprites
    >Item mining minigame sprites for existing and new items
    >character portrait sprites (much like those in the Vs. banners
    >Trainer and other character sprites

- Generation 4-5 tileset artists
    > Tilesets for outdoors, indoors, and various landmarks and interior locations
    > Tilesets for every core legendary encounter location (Rose Tower, Megalo Tower, Sky Pillar, Spear Pillar, Team Flare base, etc.)

- Animators
    > Updated move animations for existing and new moves
    > Cinematic cutscenes

[About The Game]

In the story of Souls Unbound, you start your journey in the Dalcia region after hearing a voice in one of your dreams calling for your assistance. Joined by a group of friends that come from the same neighborhood, you are met by Professor Maple and her assistant Sequoia, who give you and your friends your first ever Pokemon. After setting off, it is discovered that a malicious group of people known as Team Meteor are causing trouble in Dalcia, trying to bring back someone their leader, Ashe, had long lost. Along the way of stopping Team Meteor at every opportunity, you cross paths with Markus, the CEO of a company known as Voltage Industries, who has been developing technology that connects the souls of trainers and Pokemon, as well as show trainers what they can do to unlock brand new potentials other regions never heard of before. Along your journey, you'll face Markus time and time again, and each time he will continue to encourage you to break past your limits and go beyond being a regular trainer. You'll face the gym challenge, characters from other regions, and gain new knowledge of what being a true master really means.

[New Features]
    - Over 150 brand new Pokemon to collect!
    - New Mega Evolutions, regional variants, and an evolution beyond Mega*
    - New evolutions of existing Pokemon
    - New means of evolution
    - New moves, terrains, weathers, and abilities
    - The Soul Band, which allows you to connect with your Pokemon on a deeper scale**
    - Achievement System within the Soul Band, which unlocks specific features such as teaching Pokemon moves without the TM, or setting up a terrain during combat**
    - New battle mechanic: Soul Energy and Soul Power***
    - Updated DPPt mining minigame
    - Quad battles
    - A rarer variant than shiny forms: Lustrous forms
    - Outer Islands, where players can catch any Pokemon that isn't exclusively featured in the Dalcia region
    - The Mystery Isle, an island that takes you to the memories of catching old core legendaries such as Lugia, Zekrom, and Necrozma

*I haven't yet figured out how exactly to make the beyond Mega evolution script work, but once we have designs in as well as other required features, I will tackle that
    **I don't have experience in making a system like this, but looking at other scripts within Pokemon Essentials, it doesn't appear to be too difficult
    ***This I have implemented, it's just hidden at the moment and needs some tweaks to be made for a more accurate representation
    [Screenshots]
    View attachment 96024View attachment 96025View attachment 96026
    View attachment 96027View attachment 96028View attachment 96029
    View attachment 96030View attachment 96031View attachment 96032View attachment 96033View attachment 96034View attachment 96035

[How to contact me]

Best means of contact to let me know that you are interested in assisting with this project are replying here or by joining the Discord server I have for the project
    Discord Server Link: https://discord.gg/u2UKdUZ

Thank you for the support!

- Zed Coeur, Black Meteor Studios

zedcoeur

Zed Coeur
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2022
    Boosting this page after a couple months!

So a lot has happened over the past couple months, but we are still in need of some recruits!

We are currently looking for:

- Generation 5 sprite artists
    >Front and back sprites for fakemon, mega evolutions, and other forms
    >Trainer and other character sprites

I've also realized that the screenshots in the original post apparently don't work, so here's a completely new batch!
    Logo.png
    Ad_Screenshots.png
    Biseed_Layout.png
    Pompaw_Layout.png
    Kitzen_Layout.png
    Suicune_Layout.png
    Kitzen_poses.png

Link to the Discord server for if you want to join: https://discord.gg/p8MH7B8Sma

- Zed Coeur, Black Meteor Studios

Back