• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FINISHED] PokéCommunity GT Art Contest!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • [FINISHED] PokéCommunity GT Art Contest!

Prizes

Welcome one and all to PokéCommunity's annual Get Together Art Contest! This contest is for all artists of any medium! Fairy and I want to welcome everyone to take part and enjoy this contest as much as possible! Of course, the best pieces will get a special something, but this contest is really only for fun! We want everyone to take part and enjoy making something spectacular!

So the rules are as follows:
    • Do not post your piece here, or anywhere on PC. PM your finished piece straight to me.
    • Make sure you stick to the Brief.
    • When it comes to voting, no nasty comments please. Try and save criticism for A&D too.
    • All art must respect PC and A&D's rules. Find a like to those here and here.
    • Have fun with this piece! This is very important!
    You may begin your piece the moment you've signed up! To sign up, all you need to do is post here saying you're in (but make sure you do finish. Having people sign up and not do anything is quite annoying). When you're done with your piece, PM the finished piece or a photo to me. I will then post all finished pieces on the last day for voting, which will go towards deciding which the best piece is, according to Fairy and I.
    Any style of art is acceptable, as long as it fits the criteria set! You could create a sculpture or take a photo. You could create a signature, or draw something, whatever you feel you want to make!

Alright, so now you want to know what you've got to do right? Well it's simple! We want to see an art piece that is all about... The Olympians! Let your imaginations run wild, and create a spectacular piece upon your interpretation of the Olympians! The only thing you need to worry about is making sure your piece is no bigger than 800x800px, to make it easier to display and judge! Try and get your submission in by Sunday!

Well that's it! Good luck everyone! Make sure you have fun creating your pieces, and I can't wait to see what kinds of art get sent to us by you guys! Get creative!

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Sorry if I'm slow but I don't see the due date? :O It says "last day" is for voting but what day is that exactly?

Circuit

Years
  • Sorry if I'm slow but I don't see the due date? :O It says "last day" is for voting but what day is that exactly?
    Thanks for pointing that out, I'll add that right away. Sunday is the date due.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    what are the olympians? the only thing pokemon & olympics I can think of is the season 1 finale at indigo plateau. I wish my kiln were wired up for this competition or i'd do a glass moltres sculpture. dangit...

Circuit

Years
  • what are the olympians? the only thing pokemon & olympics I can think of is the season 1 finale at indigo plateau. I wish my kiln were wired up for this competition or i'd do a glass moltres sculpture. dangit...

I am not quite sure about what we have to draw, anything related to Olympics? Doesn't matter if it's Pokemon?

The Olympians are the the Greek Gods that live atop Mt. Olympus, in basic terms. The piece doesnt have to be related to Pokémon in any way, just you know. You can draw what you like, so long as it relates in some way to The Olympians.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    Oh wow yeah, I wasn't even close. I never would have put those two together here. If I were going to enter I'd go more pokemon related. Points for originality of concept though, GL with it.

Fub'ed

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The topic is deliberately vague, so it's however you choose to interpret the word "Olympics". In short, there's no wrong answer! If that means Pokemon, draw pokemon. If it makes you think of sporting events, draw it. If it inspires you to draw apples, do it! It's completely up to you. Just tell us why, is all.

Circuit

Years
  • can i use any graphics software or it must be hand-drawn? and what is the last date for submitting the artwork?

The OP states that you can use any artistic means at your disposal to create your piece, as long as the final piece submitted, be it a graphical piece or a photo is no larger than 800x800px.

The final date is Sunday 12pm PST, and judging will be done overnight and results given out on the Monday, via PM if not through this thread. Although at this rate there's going to be nothing to judge >_>

Last edited:

Circuit

Years
  • Come on guys, I want enough contestants to warrant all the emblems!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The OP states that you can use any artistic means at your disposal to create your piece, as long as the final piece submitted, be it a graphical piece or a photo is no larger than 800x800px.

The final date is Saturday, and judging will be done overnight and results given out on Sunday. Although at this rate there's going to be nothing to judge >_>

So um "Try and get your submission in by Sunday!" can you give me an exact time (how many hours left? and if you do extend, how many hours will that be?) when this is due? I was working on by the end of Sunday since I assume that included Sunday because you didn't give a time. I highly suggest that you keep waiting until the end of Sunday because at least three people are interested and there's no harm in waiting an extra day and art takes a while... and I really am struggling to get stuff done by deadlines that are before the end of the GT for some reason but I wanna enter stuff lol So...please? :)

Circuit

Years
  • So um "Try and get your submission in by Sunday!" can you give me an exact time (how many hours left? and if you do extend, how many hours will that be?) when this is due? I was working on by the end of Sunday since I assume that included Sunday because you didn't give a time. I highly suggest that you keep waiting until the end of Sunday because at least three people are interested and there's no harm in waiting an extra day and art takes a while... and I really am struggling to get stuff done by deadlines that are before the end of the GT for some reason but I wanna enter stuff lol So...please? :)

Sorry, I've been jumping between events and have become very disorganised, as per my usual. The end of the contest will then be 12pm PST on Sunday. Any submissions not received by then won't be counted. Is that okay?

Circuit

Years
  • Double post and what m8

Alrighty, so I've got two entries so far. Just reminding people who want to enter that the deadline is tomorrow folks!

Circuit

Years
  • So the contest is now closed. I will be posting the four pieces here, and the ordering shall be decided soon. Seriously though, only four pieces? That's barely enough to cover the emblems... And I KNOW there are more of you who are artistic...

Anyway, a BIG thank you to everyone who DID send in a piece. I mean, you guys made it so that this event was able to get to completion, so I owe you big thanks there.

Anyway, without further ado, here are the four pieces I received:
    EDIT: Voting is over, and the results are in!

1st Place:

2nd Place:

3rd Place:

And coming in at 4th:

Again, thank you all so much for competing. I know there weren't a lot of you, and we barely made it to the number of emblems I have, but you guys bothered, so thank you so much for that! <3

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd like to pull out my entry. Third place was copy-paste entirely with only a few things erased (and blurred a little) and only a thick black artline, which doesn't blend into the background at all, and just seems thrown on. Entries number one and two I'm absolutely ok with losing to but for something that was primarily found in Google images (which to me doesn't really reflect art in the traditional sense, creative image placement I guess but certainly not art) compared to something I put a ton of work into doesn't really feel fair, so I'm withdrawing my piece, sorry. Voting was also only for five hours which I don't think is enough time to successfully gauge from the community (esp since I was even asleep during that). Would you be able to discuss why that piece placed over mine? I'd love to know the scoring system.

Back