• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bayonetta 3, the adult video game?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    Hey, guys. I just want to know what you think might happen if Bayonetta 3 is still an adult video game?

Last edited:
    Years
  • What do you mean by "adult video game"? As in rated M? The series is targeted towards a more mature group of players, and it seems that it'll stay that way for Bayonetta 3. I, for one, am looking forward to it! I absolutely love the Bayonetta games!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I don't see why it wouldn't be? I don't think they should change their audience just to boost sales. Hate it when companies do stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2020
    The first two games are rated M, and everything I'm seeing of Bayonetta 3 tells me that nothing will change there. Can't think of a reason why it would, even if they did want to mess with us a little.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I apologize, but I meant what do you think if Bayonetta 3 were an erotic video game?

If it were, to any greater than its underlying concept already is, it probably wouldn't sell well and could damage both the franchise and Nintendo's general image. Nintendo are hesitant to even get on board with typical rated-M games; there's a reason for that, and its that a large part of their brand image relies on family appeal. Additionally, changing a franchise to be more explicit than its predecessors could harm the game's commercial and critical reception if it feels forced or doesn't carry with it some sort of legitimate purpose.

"Adult" video games - while sometimes successful in their own right - tend to occupy a pretty specific niche, and it's hard to make that work with traditional consoles and companies, especially the one most well known for family friendliness.

Back