• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can I define Pokemon Encounter BY PATCH OF GRASS

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 4, 2018
So in my first area there are 3 seperate patches of grass can I change which pokemons are encountered based on which patch of grass your searching through???? Sorry if this is a sily question I am quite new to Poke Essentials and RPG Maker

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
So in my first area there are 3 seperate patches of grass can I change which pokemons are encountered based on which patch of grass your searching through???? Sorry if this is a sily question I am quite new to Poke Essentials and RPG Maker

Search this and you can do it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 4, 2018
Thanks a lot, I did see that page but it was confusing me, I think Ive got it working will test now, but how do I delete an encounter type form my map, I don't see an option for that in the debug editor.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
Thanks a lot, I did see that page but it was confusing me, I think Ive got it working will test now, but how do I delete an encounter type form my map, I don't see an option for that in the debug editor.

Here, add new terrain tag and you set up number for this (new encounter) .

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 4, 2018
Right I've already done all those steps and set it up, but unfortunately it is not working.

Here are my new terrain tags:
# Terrain tags
#=========================================================================
======
module PBTerrain
Ledge = 1
Grass = 2
Sand = 3
Rock = 4
DeepWater = 5
StillWater = 6
Water = 7
Waterfall = 8
WaterfallCrest = 9
TallGrass = 10
UnderwaterGrass = 11
Ice = 12
Neutral = 13
SootGrass = 14
Bridge = 15
Puddle = 16
AttackEV = 17
DefenceEV = 18
SpcAttackEV = 19
SpcDefenceEV = 20
SpeedEV = 21
HPEV = 22
Essentially what I am trying to do is make it so that one patch of grass gives pokemon who yield speed EVs, and another patch of grass will only show pokemons with Attack EVs.
so After that step I added new return Entries as well:

def PBTerrain.isLedge?(tag)
return tag==PBTerrain::Ledge
end

def PBTerrain.isIce?(tag)
return tag==PBTerrain::Ice
end

def PBTerrain.isAttackEV?(tag)
return tag==PBTerrain::AttackEV
end

def PBTerrain.isDefenceEV?(tag)
return tag==PBTerrain::DefenceEV
end

def PBTerrain.isSpcAttackEV?(tag)
return tag==PBTerrain::SpcAttackEV
end

def PBTerrain.isSpcDefenceEV?(tag)
return tag==PBTerrain::SpcDefenceEV
end

def PBTerrain.isSpeedEV?(tag)
return tag==PBTerrain::SpeedEV
end

def PBTerrain.isHPEV?(tag)
return tag==PBTerrain::HPEV
end

def PBTerrain.isBridge?(tag)
return tag==PBTerrain::Bridge
end

Then I added to the PField_Encounters:

Spoiler:

And the next step:

Spoiler:

And the final Steps

Spoiler:

Then I made copies of the grass tiles and placed them into the tileset for overgound.
Set the terrain tags for my new EV yielding grass tiles along with normal grass tiles.
The I tested a normal land encounter type, and it was working I was encountering pokemons.

Then I added my new EV encounter type (alongside the old normal grass) and all of a sudden I AM GETTING NO ENCOUNTERS AT ALL< EVen when I step on a normal default piece of grass I don't get any of the normal encounters. here is what my encounter types look like in my debug list:

I cant post links yet.

So both my encounter types each add up to 100% so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 4, 2018
How do I delete an encounter too? there is no delete button for my encounters in my debug menu.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2022
How do I delete an encounter too? there is no delete button for my encounters in my debug menu.

If you use v17, debug menu is in Game.rxproj.
Ok, you delete an encounter for what. If you don't want exist some encounters in some map, you don't set these. Or, you don't want this encounters but you have set, find PBS folder, after that, find encounters.txt, search map you want delete an encounter and delete this.
This video will help you. video

You are wrong this code
Code:
def pbEncounterType
if $PokemonGlobal && $PokemonGlobal.surfing
return EncounterTypes::Water
elsif self.isCave?
return EncounterTypes::Cave
elsif PBTerrain.isAttackEV?(pbGetTerrainTag($game_player))
return EncounterTypes::AttackEV

I see you didn't work like the guide: here

It use self.(name) and below the code, it's same, so you need change this and work with the guide.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 4, 2018
I found out how to delete an encounter, I made an encounter by accident that I did not want so I needed to delete it. I found out you have to go the .txt file and delete it manually.

I will try to make the fixes you told me about and see if it works.

Back