• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Need help fixing evolutions Fire Red

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2020
    Hi there, I've messed around with ROMs previously but this is my first time editing scripts of any kind.
    I added a heap of non-regional Pokemon but when I go to evolve them I instead get the message "...?"

I know that this is caused by not having the National Dex, so I found an old forum post that said to edit the 4 byes after 0xCE91A to 00 00 14 E0, which is meant to fix the evolutions. Now, however, I just get an infinite evolution screen where I can't press anything and I have to reset.

After that failed, i tried inserting a script to add give me the National Dex early, but I kept getting an error message about there being too few parameters on Line 9. The script was as follows:

#org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 1 jump 0x800050
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x10A
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox 0x800100
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    release
    end

#org 0x800050
    msgbox 0x800070
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800070
    = Like your new POK?DEX?

#org 0x800100
    = Your POK?DEX was upgraded!

I'm also worried that by giving myself the National Dex early it will trigger Lorelei leaving for Four island early and hence locking me out of the E4.

Can anyone help me out? I'd like to Hex Edit to fix the evolutions but not sure exactly how to, and the script I tried to add didn't seem to work either.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Hi there, I've messed around with ROMs previously but this is my first time editing scripts of any kind.
    I added a heap of non-regional Pokemon but when I go to evolve them I instead get the message "...?"

I know that this is caused by not having the National Dex, so I found an old forum post that said to edit the 4 byes after 0xCE91A to 00 00 14 E0, which is meant to fix the evolutions. Now, however, I just get an infinite evolution screen where I can't press anything and I have to reset.

After that failed, i tried inserting a script to add give me the National Dex early, but I kept getting an error message about there being too few parameters on Line 9. The script was as follows:

#org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 1 jump 0x800050
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x10A
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox 0x800100
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    release
    end

#org 0x800050
    msgbox 0x800070
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800070
    = Like your new POK?DEX?

#org 0x800100
    = Your POK?DEX was upgraded!

I'm also worried that by giving myself the National Dex early it will trigger Lorelei leaving for Four island early and hence locking me out of the E4.

Can anyone help me out? I'd like to Hex Edit to fix the evolutions but not sure exactly how to, and the script I tried to add didn't seem to work either.

the script isn't working because you need to specify the type of message box.

Back