• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Blacking Out

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2020
    Hey,guys!
    How do I make it so that if you lose against your rival in the Pokemon lab after getting a starter, you are not transferred back to your home, but you stay in the lab and the professor heals your Pokemon? Do I need to mess around with scripts or something?
    Also, after my trainer blacks out, he gets transferred to Lappet Town(the default starter town in vanilla Essentials). How do I make it so that he gets transferred to his house in the custom map which I have created?
    Thanks!

Sparkin

How do I make it so that if you lose against your rival in the Pokemon lab after getting a starter, you are not transferred back to your home, but you stay in the lab and the professor heals your Pokemon? Do I need to mess around with scripts or something?
    Also, after my trainer blacks out, he gets transferred to Lappet Town(the default starter town in vanilla Essentials). How do I make it so that he gets transferred to his house in the custom map which I have created?
    Thanks!

To have the player stay in the same position after losing the battle, you can add the comment "Continue: true" to the trainer event. After that you can event the professor and make it look like they're healing the player's Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2020
    Look up the "Home" tag on your metadata file and make the adjustments found here:
    You'll also need to create an autorun event on your map that heals your party and turns off the Starting Over global switch.

How exactly do I turn off the global switch? I can't see an option anywhere. Do I need to pull a conditional branch with starting over switch on?

KrakerwatYT

SkyArmyRecru1t
    Years
  • I wish I could help, but I'd like to know this also. I've tried both of the things suggested but no luck, closest I've gotten was the player transporting back home for a second before being transferred back to the spot they was standing in

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    How exactly do I turn off the global switch? I can't see an option anywhere. Do I need to pull a conditional branch with starting over switch on?
    Short answer: yes. Long answer: create an autorun event on the map that's set to Home in your metadata and have a conditional event where the Starting over switch (usually switch 1) is on. In the event commands, add "Recover All: Entire Party" then "Control Switches: [0001: Starting over] = OFF", The switch being set is the same one as in the conditional branch.

Back