• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] MrDollSteaks RomBase

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2018
    Hello Guys, I'm new to ROM-Hacking and this Forum.
    I want to try to create a little hack with only one or two badges to try this out and maybe expand on it if I have fun doing that.
    I have been trying to build this upon MrDollSteaks ROMBase since life isn't worth living without the Physical/Special-Split. :D
    I have read and watched Tutorials about AdvanceMap and XSE, but fail to see how to connect that to ROMBases.
    As far as I unterstood I'm supposed to patch a clean FireRed-ROM with an IPS-Patcher, which I did (LunarIPS). Then I can open the ROMBase in G3HS with the replaced ini-File.

How can I start using AdvanceMap from this? If i open the patched ROM in AdvanceMap the names of the maps are messed up (Pallet Town is called bar Island or something, some maps are missing entirely), which makes sense, because AdvanceMap doesn't have access to the ini-File which is probably necessary.
    Can someone explain this to me? I haven't found any explanation for this?

Also, am I blind or does this forum not have a search funtion?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    You should really be using Leon's Ultimate ROMBase, it's *precisely* an upgraded version of Mr. DollSteak's one with bugfixes and everything actuslly *freaking works* aside from a few random map tiles here and there being a bit messed up (Cerulean City has three tiles on one of the paths that are just like wtf)

Also there is a search function, it's on the navbar at the top of the screen, but it's pretty useless.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2018
    You should really be using Leon's Ultimate ROMBase, it's *precisely* an upgraded version of Mr. DollSteak's one with bugfixes and everything actuslly *freaking works* aside from a few random map tiles here and there being a bit messed up (Cerulean City has three tiles on one of the paths that are just like wtf)

Also there is a search function, it's on the navbar at the top of the screen, but it's pretty useless.

Hello, I think that although the base of MrDollsteak has failures, it is better than Leons's Rom Base for many things, for example the base of Leon has many failures with the pallets and does not have much space and by the way to be able to open the MrDollSteak 'Base you need Advance Map 1.95

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Hello, I think that although the base of MrDollsteak has failures, it is better than Leons's Rom Base for many things, for example the base of Leon has many failures with the pallets and does not have much space and by the way to be able to open the MrDollSteak 'Base you need Advance Map 1.95

Leon's base is objectively better because it fixes almost all of the bugs in MrDS's base, as well as having lots of extra features. Not to mention that it has patches to remove specific parts of it, and that all of RSE's music is in it. Also, what's wrong with using a different version of AdvanceMap?

Back