• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[HELP] Can't solve my pokemon platinum hack's freezing problem.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2020
    Hi, Everyone.

I'm currently hacking pokemon platinum.

So these are what I could change;
    - Change Wild Encounters
    - Make Trainer Battle(example : Pokemon League, Cyrus) Harder
    - Change Pokemon Attack's Stats
    - Change Pokemon Data(Including Base Stats, Learnsets, Types, Abilities)

I used PPRE 0.14b to change those, and extracted the narc file to another rom file.
    So, there wasn't any problem in that version.

But I wanted to change things more;
    - Enable Catching Regirock, Registeel, Regice without Mystery Gift Regigigas, without National Dex
    - Enable Changing Rotom's form without Mystery Gift Secret Key
    - Enable Catching Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus without Mystery Gift Items
    - Enable Catching other Legendaries(Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, etc...) only once
    - Add new NPCs giving TMs in Pokemon Center to let us have infinite TMs

And those things required script editing...
    but SDSME 1.8.1 does not work on my laptop,
    and SDSME 1.7.0 won't save the edited script,
    and I heard that PPRE 0.14b has freezing issues in gameplay after saving the edited script.
    And I heard that PPRE 0.10 does not have those issues, so I tried editing the rom's script via PPRE 0.10...

I placed some books to summon a legendary pokemon, and It worked!
    I set requirements to catch some legendary pokemon.
    For example, to catch Lugia, you must include Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres in your pokemon party.
    And those requirements worked too.
    But I couldn't make the event happen only once... so I let them summon even if I caught the pokemon. Maybe this event will make pokemon easier to raise EVs.

So, I thought there would be no problem in this rom hack,
    but it wasn't.

I added "TM Giving NPCs" in every Pokemon Center to make us obtain infinite TMs.

I even deleted the Mystery Gift requirements and changed Arceus' requirements and it worked too, but still I had a problem.

When I catch Giratina or Defeat Giratina in Distortion World, game always freeze.

I don't know why it happens and of course, I don't know how to solve this problem.

I thought this would happen because I changed Wild Giratina's Level,
    so I replaced that script to unedited version to solve the problem.

Unfortunately, the problem wasn't solved and the game still froze after the Giratina Battle.

Could you please help me to solve this problem?

Last edited:
    Back