• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Any way to get rid of 'catching' animation?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    For example, I'm trying to implement a system where you use meat to gain the favor of pokemon so it doesn't really make sense that you would throw a chunk of meat out and it would 'catch' the pokemon. Is there any way to get rid of that whole getting sucked into the pokeball animation? I'm using EBS, but I could take it or leave it honestly since I can't figure out how to get the male player model to work when the battles happen. (strangely, female model works just fine) Just wondering if anyone figured out how to do this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    For example, I'm trying to implement a system where you use meat to gain the favor of pokemon so it doesn't really make sense that you would throw a chunk of meat out and it would 'catch' the pokemon. Is there any way to get rid of that whole getting sucked into the pokeball animation? I'm using EBS, but I could take it or leave it honestly since I can't figure out how to get the male player model to work when the battles happen. (strangely, female model works just fine) Just wondering if anyone figured out how to do this.

Can't you just copy the Pokémon safari battle setup? Then replace the bait graphic with meat?

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2022
    This is how I might try to go about it. Someone else may have a better strategy, though.

Step 1:

Go to the animation file, look for the "bait" animation in the Safari Zone, make a copy, and slightly alter the graphic for "bait" in the Safari Zone to "meat."

Step 2:

Replace the Poke Ball animation with the "meat" animation in the PBS file?

Step 3:

Use the "ghosts" script from the Pokemon Tower event (or really any event that doesn't allow a Pokemon to attack; it could even be the Safari Zone event) to change it so that the Pokemon doesn't attack. If you want to have the player throwing the meat, you'll probably need script from the Safari Zone event. Control the event with a switch that activates when the player enters a certain area?

Play test and revise as needed.

Last edited:
    Back