• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating Thread

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
  • Since we are resseructing.
    This is an old one, I haven't used the map, but It's a good day/night/old/new showcase.
    Large.
    Spoiler:

And ignis island, it's already in SPEE.
    ignis.png

The style is meant to try emulate the GSC style mapping, not being too realistic, and also trying to keep with the square styled mapping.

dancingonlandmines

Hanging on a moment with you.
    Years
  • Kyo The Pro

I'm the Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    map mapity

Map Name
    Route 1

Made in Rmxp

Its the first route/town the building is your home/the lab

howntownorrouteorwhatev.png
    [/img]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2020
    It feels a little big. Try reducing the spacing between buildings and add more detail to it.

I wanted to do alot of detailing on it too but i wanted to make it like a first town ,and first towns arent tht much detailed either.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • I wanted to do alot of detailing on it too but i wanted to make it like a first town ,and first towns arent tht much detailed either.

Starting towns, not being detailed in general, having nothing to do with Cilerbas critique.

What he meant was that, there is MUCH too much empty space in the map.

For example: The big field beside the "Lab": What's it's use? Why is there a big empty field there.

If you study original maps, there is ALWAYS a reason for why there is, a road here, a mountain there, a field here, and so on.

Your map simply has too much space in it, that it might get boring to play.

If you for example: Had a statue in the middle of the "field" I mentioned earlier, with people around it, admiring it, the field would suddenly "make sense".

But right now, it does not have a purpose, therefore, it will bore people.

Sorry if my rant is a little confusing. XD

Years
  • hey i just made a first town map for fun, is it any good ??

credits:
    DEWITTY,
    PRINCE LEGANDARIO,
    KYMOTONIAN,
    ALUCUS & CALIS PROJECTS,
    View attachment 61606

Its a good start, but like the others said, there's a bit too much open areas.
    Theres also a couple of mistakes
    Down the left side, the right hand part of the trees are missing.
    Where you have the sand at the bottom, the two trees below it are missing parts of the top, as well as the exit tree on the right, where you're leaving the town (i'd assume)
    The shadows on the houses should really be transparent

Back