• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Lamuria Isles [Recruiting :D]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 24, 2015
Overview

Hello I am Masaaki Mushin and I am want to give you guys something to think about. I am making a rom hack of Emerald and this hack will be based off of The Lamuria Isles, which is 8 large islands that surround one huge island. In this hack there will be physical and special splitting, 8 Gym Leaders then 8 Division Leaders followed by the Elite Four THEN the pokemon champion which will have Level 89-95 pokemon. Gen 1-5 pokemon

Story

You start off as a 15 year old guy striving to be a pokemon trainer after failing the exam to be given a free pokemon and be a pokemon trainer at the age of ten. So you work for your parent's friends doing small jobs like cutting grass and cleaning gutters until you have saved enough money to actual adopt a pokemon and start your journey. You start with Marill as your starter(All fully evolved pokemon in this game stat pool will at least be 500 and Azumarill stat pool will be raised to 540) and you use some of your saved money to buy a pokedex and pokenav from the Adoption Center. You return home to find out that your father wants to talk to you a small cave filled with zubat, geodudes, etc and 3-5 trainers once you make it pass them you face your fathe once was once a gym leader before settling down with your mother and he faces you and handily defeats you(Level 36 Sceptile and Swampert and Togekiss). Once you return home with your father he hands you an egg and tells you that if you want to be a trainer again that he will start to be a trainer again as well and says that if you truly want to be the best you can be defeat him and says that in order be at your father's level you must defeat the Gym Leaders of the Isles and then go back around once more and find and defeat the Leader of the entire island (aka Division leaders, Gym Leaders will focus on one type while Division leaders will focus on the theme of there entire island often having 3-4 general themes with their pokemon.) So as you go to the Gym Leader on your home island you meet an older man that stops you before entering the gym and tells you that your father has asked him to train you and teach you how to be a good trainer(not like the teachy tv **** like an apprentice). He gives you a task of going to the Red Leaf Plains and retrieving a choice band for him off of a trainer that trains there everyday.(This is currently like in the next map where you face 8-10 fighting, grass, bug, and ground type pokemon trainers that are scattered in the red grass of the plains. The trainer you are looking for is a woman named Lucille and faces you with a Lv 12 Sentret(Normal/Ground), Lv 13 Tyrogue, Lv 12 Machop, Lv 13 Heracross aka pseudo-gym battle) Once you get the Choice band from that trainer she tells you that she was testing your strength and that she is the Gym leader of your town and that the pokemon she really uses are much stronger than these. So you go back to the old man and he tells you to keep the choice band as he tells you that you will need to defeat the Gym Leader here as he explains the use of the choice band. After that he takes you to where Lucille actually trains and you face three powerful pokemon trainers and the old man( Lv 13 Beautifly, Lv 15 Diglett, Lv 14 Bulbasaur, Lv 14 Axel and Lv 14 Growlithe.)....to be continued

Custom Pokemon Ideas Fulled evolved pokemon for now
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Needed
Pokemon Scripter [1/4]
Pokemon Mapper [2/3] Me and Tronmaster
Pokemon Spriter [0/2]
Pokemon Tiler [0/1]
Music [1/1] Austin M
and anything else this would need would be helpful. I have basic scripting skills and average mapping skills though I practice nearly everyday so I have been getting better but I need these positions filled to be sure that this hack is a success.

Updated

I have an original music maker added. Come on peeps

I added some pokemon ideas.....thoughts?
[This thread will be updated at least twice a week.]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 24, 2015
It has been suggested since I would need it to be nearly double the size of a 16mb rom to 32 that I use a game maker like RPGmaker over making a rom hack. What do you suggest guys?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
It's possible to expand a ROM to 32mb. I don't know of anyone who has ever run out of space.

So whoever suggested that probably didn't know much ><.

Back