• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] A rom hack question

snowfire911

Snowfire, Keeper of Breloom and Shroomish
Years
  • I am going to start working on a fan game, but where do i start? Does anybody have any tips on how to get started?

Years
  • I am going to start working on a fan game, but where do i start? Does anybody have any tips on how to get started?

Hey,You will need to google for a Rom as you can't post them here fireRed is a great one to hack

i would suggest looking a tuts and doing a bit of research i use Pokemon game editor for adding and modding Pokemon and items plus more
    a9f0337c5569b32188e715f482b694b3

you will also need a hex editor i use gold finger,for map editing i use advance maps also get a free space finder this will help you find empty rom space to add what ever you need to add to the rom

There are lots of programs that do all different things from modding scripts to add sounds as i said before have a look around the forums lots of interesting stuff you can find

Always make backups of your rom i have lots of them as hacking and brake your roms :) this post will be great for you https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341758

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I am going to start working on a fan game, but where do i start? Does anybody have any tips on how to get started?

Going to go ahead and refer you to this series, as videos are a pretty handy way to know exactly where and how to start. We have an entire subforum dedicated to tutorials, resources, all kinds of stuff.
    Best of luck!

Last edited:
    Back