• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] [16.2] Overview of a route/town

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
So my game happens to have rather large routes and cities, with how zoomed in the game is compared, its hard to see a grand scheme or where to go sometimes.

So an idea came to me when doing some challenge on RSE, as it has the odd townmap almost overview of routes (like more a minimal miniture version)

But this got me thinking, if on the townmap you could click on a route or town and see an overview of the route and scroll up and down it. (would not work when trying to fly only via the pokgear townmap)

adding interactions to clicking on doesnt seem that hard in theory to me, but how hard would it be to implement this/how? like having it show and image but able to scroll up and down it? either smoothly or in chunks?

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
Are you thinking of doing something similar to DPP townmap where you click and it shows you a smaller map of the town where pkmn centers and marts are and roads of said town? As that is what I got from your post.

Example:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
That what gave me the inspiration but like... the full scale map, just at a wider scale? if cant get that working then maybe that yes.

Back