• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald Prime team (RECRUITING)

Imafroggy

King
Years
  • Introduction:
    Yo guys how's it going my name is John and welcome to the Emerald Prime team! I called it Emerald prime because... all the other cool names were taken, and because prime sounds like a good fit for the ROM hack name, and team. I had the idea for the ROM hack about a year ago (when I joined PC but didn't post), and I've been on and off working on it but now I'm working on it full speed. This is actually my first ROM hack I've ever made or officially worked on. BUT DON'T PANIC!
    Over half the ROM hack is finished, however I need to polish a couple things before releasing it, I want to add more expansions, events, and music. Realistically, and personally, I don't think the ROM hack will reach its full potential unless other people work with me and I would like a companionship with some of the people in the PC community and this is a good opportunity to do so. :)
    - The ROM is essentially a full edit of Pokemon Emerald. When I first played the Gen III games I always felt like there should have been a bigger push for more exploration, content, etc. So I decided one day, (a year ago) to work on it. It's been a weird journey but now I'm here asking for your help and it'd be an honor to work with others on this because it has been a lot of fun. :)

Story of the hack:
    I want to add more character development with Elite four members, maybe a couple twists, Wally, May/Brendan, and maybe add a couple of new characters. I want it to stay sort of the same but still differentiate from the original.

WHAT IS THE TEAM LOOKING FOR??

We are looking for....

Good scripters or okay scripters:
    Current scripters:

Experienced music makers and remixers:
    Current composers:

Overworld map editor and repointer:
    Current OW map editor and repointer:

Tile editor and inserter:
    Current tile editor and inserter:

Pokemon balance testers
    (Sort of like a beta tester but someone to see if a Pokemon or a move is too OP or too weak)
    Current testers:

Writer
    Only in need of one writer but someone to give more story to certain expansions or areas
    Current writer:

Graphic design artist(s)
    I want to change the banner of the Emerald logo in the beginning of the game
    Current DA's:

Debuggers
    Current Debuggers:

Features already inserted in the game:
    Phys/Spec split
    Day and Night system
    Fairy type
    Reusable TM's
    Tileset changes (mainly the trees, grass and a couple other things)
    Edited stats and types for certain Pokemon
    Removal of trade evolutions
    Level scale and difficulty of some trainers complete up until Mossdeep City
    Expansions and respective Pokemon in the expansions
    Retconned and insertion of a couple Gen IV and V Pokemon into the game

Future features (hopeful)
    Adding back the retconned Gen 1-3 Pokemon (PRIORITY)
    More story (More character development with Wally, Brendan/May, Elite four members, etc.)
    Gen IV and V music in some parts of the game
    Egg scripts
    New characters
    Expanding the Pokedex
    BW2 Repel system
    Update some tilesets (Mainly the houses, and the mountains, maybe add a couple new things)
    Adding Sevii Islands as post game content, parts of Johto, and adding new islands to Hoenn

Applications:
    Username:(Just put your username)
    Contact info: (Twitter, email, etc.)
    Name or nickname you'd like to go by as (Self-explanatory)
    Skill(s): (What are you skilled at doing)
    Position you're applying for: (Self-explanatory)
    Any past experiences?
    Location/Time zone: (I live in CA so it's PST)
    Any comments, questions, or concerns?

One thing I'd like to add is that any ideas, maps, tilesets, music, etc. that is contributed to the project be used solely for the project and if anyone in the team uses it for anything else, to please inform everyone else. :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello, can you post a video?
    I want to help you to done this hack but I need to see a video. I can script and whrite story.
    ME:
    Username: danilolc
    Contact info: I sent a private message
    Name or nickname you'd like to go by as: danilolc
    Skill(s): ↑
    Position you're applying for: ↑
    Location/Time zone: -3, but I'm in DST, then -2.

Arceus1300

I am not human, I'm a Pokémon.
    Years
  • Username: Arceus1300
    Contact info: [email protected]
    Name or nickname you'd like to go by as:Shadow
    Skill(s): I'm a great lyricist and story writer
    Position you're applying for: Music Maker and/or Story Writer
    Any past experiences? None so far.
    Location/Time zone: I live in Bangladesh, so it's +6:00 hours
    Any comments, questions, or concerns? I will really appreciate it if you let me join. Please reply to me here.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Introduction:
    Yo guys how's it going my name is John and welcome to the Emerald Prime team! I called it Emerald prime because... all the other cool names were taken, and because prime sounds like a good fit for the ROM hack name, and team. I had the idea for the ROM hack about a year ago (when I joined PC but didn't post), and I've been on and off working on it but now I'm working on it full speed. This is actually my first ROM hack I've ever made or officially worked on. BUT DON'T PANIC!
    Over half the ROM hack is finished, however I need to polish a couple things before releasing it, I want to add more expansions, events, and music. Realistically, and personally, I don't think the ROM hack will reach its full potential unless other people work with me and I would like a companionship with some of the people in the PC community and this is a good opportunity to do so. :)
    - The ROM is essentially a full edit of Pokemon Emerald. When I first played the Gen III games I always felt like there should have been a bigger push for more exploration, content, etc. So I decided one day, (a year ago) to work on it. It's been a weird journey but now I'm here asking for your help and it'd be an honor to work with others on this because it has been a lot of fun. :)

Story of the hack:
    I want to add more character development with Elite four members, maybe a couple twists, Wally, May/Brendan, and maybe add a couple of new characters. I want it to stay sort of the same but still differentiate from the original.

WHAT IS THE TEAM LOOKING FOR??

We are looking for....

Good scripters or okay scripters:
    Current scripters:

Experienced music makers and remixers:
    Current composers:

Overworld map editor and repointer:
    Current OW map editor and repointer:

Tile editor and inserter:
    Current tile editor and inserter:

Pokemon balance testers
    (Sort of like a beta tester but someone to see if a Pokemon or a move is too OP or too weak)
    Current testers:

Writer
    Only in need of one writer but someone to give more story to certain expansions or areas
    Current writer:

Graphic design artist(s)
    I want to change the banner of the Emerald logo in the beginning of the game
    Current DA's:

Debuggers
    Current Debuggers:

Features already inserted in the game:
    Phys/Spec split
    Day and Night system
    Fairy type
    Reusable TM's
    Tileset changes (mainly the trees, grass and a couple other things)
    Edited stats and types for certain Pokemon
    Removal of trade evolutions
    Level scale and difficulty of some trainers complete up until Mossdeep City
    Expansions and respective Pokemon in the expansions
    Retconned and insertion of a couple Gen IV and V Pokemon into the game

Future features (hopeful)
    Adding back the retconned Gen 1-3 Pokemon (PRIORITY)
    More story (More character development with Wally, Brendan/May, Elite four members, etc.)
    Gen IV and V music in some parts of the game
    Egg scripts
    New characters
    Expanding the Pokedex
    BW2 Repel system
    Update some tilesets (Mainly the houses, and the mountains, maybe add a couple new things)
    Adding Sevii Islands as post game content, parts of Johto, and adding new islands to Hoenn

Applications:
    Username:(Just put your username)
    Contact info: (Twitter, email, etc.)
    Name or nickname you'd like to go by as (Self-explanatory)
    Skill(s): (What are you skilled at doing)
    Position you're applying for: (Self-explanatory)
    Any past experiences?
    Location/Time zone: (I live in CA so it's PST)
    Any comments, questions, or concerns?

One thing I'd like to add is that any ideas, maps, tilesets, music, etc. that is contributed to the project be used solely for the project and if anyone in the team uses it for anything else, to please inform everyone else. :)
    Well you kinda took my idea... But good luck... If you need my Hoenn OW's,Trainer Sprites,HGSS tileset Or even The Hoenn Worldmap i've inserted just PM me... But if you want my stuff you have to make this hack a bit different than AE So we won't make nearly identical games, even thought i hack FR and you Hack EM..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2022
    Hello!

Username: monkeyboy0
    Contact info: I will send that to you
    Name or nickname you'd like to go by as Monkeyboy0
    Skill(s): I can map and wouldn't mind testing it...
    Position you're applying for: Same as above
    Any past experiences? No :P... Working on my own hack...
    Location/Time zone: PST
    Any comments, questions, or concerns? I'm looking forward to working with everyone!

Imafroggy

King
    Years
  • Well you kinda took my idea... But good luck... If you need my Hoenn OW's,Trainer Sprites,HGSS tileset Or even The Hoenn Worldmap i've inserted just PM me... But if you want my stuff you have to make this hack a bit different than AE So we won't make nearly identical games, even thought i hack FR and you Hack EM..

I've been working on and off this ROM hack since June, 13th 2013 and it is 65% complete.
    I made a Youtube video of it half a year ago and took it down, but I decided a couple of days ago to start announcing it because it would be impossible to finish all of it completely :)

If I am able to complete the ROM in a couple weeks, I will gladly join your team.
    Thanks for the stuff you offered by the way I appreciate it :)

Hello!

Username: monkeyboy0
    Contact info: I will send that to you
    Name or nickname you'd like to go by as Monkeyboy0
    Skill(s): I can map and wouldn't mind testing it...
    Position you're applying for: Same as above
    Any past experiences? No :P... Working on my own hack...
    Location/Time zone: PST
    Any comments, questions, or concerns? I'm looking forward to working with everyone!

Username: Arceus1300
    Any comments, questions, or concerns? I will really appreciate it if you let me join. Please reply to me here.

Username: Arceus1300

Hello, can you post a video?
    I want to help you to done this hack but I need to see a video. I can script and whrite story.
    ME:
    Username: danilolc
    Contact info: I sent a private message
    Name or nickname you'd like to go by as: danilolc
    Skill(s): ↑
    Position you're applying for: ↑
    Location/Time zone: -3, but I'm in DST, then -2.

hi everyone I'll respond to, or I'll send you all a PM in a little while... I've been really busy lately sorry about not being able to get to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2021
    Username: BlueBird
    Contact Info: [email protected]
    Nickname: I'll go by Blue, BlueBird, or Emeraldcrowz.
    Skills: I know this is going to sound bad, but i am literally bottom shelf in terms of ROM Hacking. Total Newb. But the Beta Tester i would like. As a giant pokemon fan, i love to play pokemon, and know loads about the moves and stuff. I am a pretty good judge of balanced/Unbalanced and i think i can help. The "Writer" application sounds interesting, but i am still a tad confused on it. Does it mean actually making the text in the hack? Because i cannot help there. But as a storyline designer, i can be a big help there.
    Position i am applying for: Beta Tester/Possibly Story developing depending on what you meant there.
    Any past experience: No. Not really. Although i am somewhat certain knowledge should suffice for the roles i have applied for.
    Timezone/Area: Florida, (UTC-06:00)
    The only concern i had was what you meant exactly by the writer of the story. 80% certain i know what you meant, but i don't want to apply for a role that i can't do.

Years
    • NH
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Username:Madmanwithabox9
    Contact info: (facebook.com/tj.jager)
    Name or nickname you'd like to go by as: Penumbra
    Skill(s): Not in Pokemon but I've spent many years working on my own stories and helping others with tons of ideas and script writing for things like youtube videos and whatnot I may have not done anything Pokemon related in story I'm positive I'd be very helpful and it's something I really enjoy.
    Position you're applying for: Writing
    Any past experiences? See skills
    Location/Time zone: NH, EST

Back