• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Slide - The Entire Game Is An Ice Puzzle

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Welcome to Pokemon Emerald Slide.

Don't download the patch on this post. Idk how to remove it.

This is hopefully one of the dumbest romhacks you will ever lay your eyes on. In this hack, the entire overworld has been turned into an Ice Puzzle. The game is able to be beaten (a lot of overworld changes were required to make this happen),

The Game in its current state has all 8 gyms and elite four possible, a Teleport option from the start menu, snow weather and palettes, and a full in game randomizer courtesy of TheXamans branch. You can find the hack patch on my Discord: https://discord.gg/hX3a63RYzZ

Attachments

• PokemonSlideEmerald.ips
    9.6 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Sep 3, 2022
This is hilarious! However, it would be very nice if more softlocks were fixed, such as the one in the player's room. If the tile half-covered by the player's TV was solid, the issue would be solved. I've also noticed issues where the player needs a moving NPC to stand on certain tiles to progress, and I can imagine there being many more softlocks. If those NPCs stayed in the needed positions and/or more various tiles were added to keep the player from softlocking themselves, that would be highly appreciated. The only other issue I have is that the player's reflection isn't working properly. Aside from that, this game functions just as advertised and is definitely a unique experience!

Now, if only the entire game was like HGSS's Viridian Gym puzzle, THAT would be even more of a nightmare...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
This is hilarious! However, it would be very nice if more softlocks were fixed, such as the one in the player's room. If the tile half-covered by the player's TV was solid, the issue would be solved. I've also noticed issues where the player needs a moving NPC to stand on certain tiles to progress, and I can imagine there being many more softlocks. If those NPCs stayed in the needed positions and/or more various tiles were added to keep the player from softlocking themselves, that would be highly appreciated. The only other issue I have is that the player's reflection isn't working properly. Aside from that, this game functions just as advertised and is definitely a unique experience!

Now, if only the entire game was like HGSS's Viridian Gym puzzle, THAT would be even more of a nightmare...

Hey, I didn't realize this post ever made it through the checks. This version of the game is HORRIBLY outdated. It's kind of trash actually. You can find the updated version on my discord. Its like night and day https://discord.gg/hX3a63RYzZ

Back