• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokefirered: editing type interface icons messes up colors

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2021
    No matter what sprite editing tutorial I use or what program I use (graphicsgale, photoshop, and at one point i got desperate and used mspaint to see if that would work), when I edit the icon spritesheet for pokemon types, the colors are in reverse order from what they should be on the index. I've even tried to reverse the index, invert the colors on the sheet, and so on with graphicsgale and nothing works. Also, when I save the sheet with graphicsgale, the compiler will throw this error:
    Code:
    libpng warning: bKGD: invalid index
    I've also tried editing the .pal file that comes with it, but that ends up changing the colors for the rest of the interface, which I'd rather not do.
    What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it?
    typecolors.png

Back