• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map✓] Map Connection

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    Tried making a simple map connection out West from vermillion city (using advanced Map). The path leads to a cave, I've had two problems.

1. Once you're in the new location, the game crashes when you try to go back where you came from
    2. The warp coming out of the cave isnt working.

Thanks in advance guys!

Personally thinking it's a problem with the map I created, even other warps are failing to go to it..

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Tried making a simple map connection out West from vermillion city (using advanced Map). The path leads to a cave, I've had two problems.

1. Once you're in the new location, the game crashes when you try to go back where you came from
    2. The warp coming out of the cave isnt working.

Thanks in advance guys!

Personally thinking it's a problem with the map I created, even other warps are failing to go to it..

1. So you added a connection from Vermillion to the route, but did you add one from the route to Vermillion?

2. There's a special 'ground' block for caves that's meant for the cave exits, so that the warp can work. It's usually the one on the right side in the tileset.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    1. So you added a connection from Vermillion to the route, but did you add one from the route to Vermillion?

2. There's a special 'ground' block for caves that's meant for the cave exits, so that the warp can work. It's usually the one on the right side in the tileset.

1. Yes I did create a connection back.

2. And is it one of these tiles?
    Map.png

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    1. Still not woking unfortunately
    2. Alright the cave is working perfectly now, thanks!

If the connection offset in one map is 10, it should be -10 in the other one. Are you doing this? If you are, do you mind showing me the connection editor for both maps in Advance Map?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    If the connection offset in one map is 10, it should be -10 in the other one. Are you doing this? If you are, do you mind showing me the connection editor for both maps in Advance Map?

How do you make the offset negative?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020

Strange, it should work

O39taDg.png

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    Strange, it should work

O39taDg.png

Closed A-Map and retried, worked and now the connection is working fine, thanks a lot! If i can bother you a little more... I now have a problem entering one of my caves through a warp. As soon as you go through the game just crashes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Closed A-Map and retried, worked and now the connection is working fine, thanks a lot! If i can bother you a little more... I now have a problem entering one of my caves through a warp. As soon as you go through the game just crashes.

Does the warp take you to an existing warp? Check that the warp numbers match. Also, make sure no "person event" has the "Look Down" movement as it causes the game to freeze, use "No Movement" instead.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    Does the warp take you to an existing warp? Check that the warp numbers match. Also, make sure no "person event" has the "Look Down" movement as it causes the game to freeze, use "No Movement" instead.

Nevermind I fixed it. Going back to the original post though, I removed the script in the pokemart, but after you receive Oaks Parcel, but when you enter his lab, no script is triggered.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Nevermind I fixed it. Going back to the original post though, I removed the script in the pokemart, but after you receive Oaks Parcel, but when you enter his lab, no script is triggered.

Original post? Maybe you should make a new thread about this as it's a different issue and explain your problem.

Back