• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen favorite starter

eternal_prince_neptune

Expert Pokémon Pearl Trainer
Years
  • hi!!!
    well, I love Chikorita, Torchic and Piplup as Starters!!!
    {I don't like Turtwig because its final evo form is HORRIBLE, and Treecko is a bit UGLY, but its final evo form rocks!!!}

Anyway, these are the Pokémon Starters I chose in the various games:
    - Pokémon Red: SQUIRTLE
    - Pokémon Gold: CHIKORITA
    - Pokémon Silver: CYNDAQUIL
    - Pokémon Crystal: TOTODILE
    - Pokémon Sapphire [ROM Game]: MUDKIP
    - Pokémon Fire Red: CHARMANDER
    - Pokémon Leaf Green: BULBASAUR
    - Pokémon Emerald: TORCHIC [I got it Shiny!! ^_^]
    - Pokémon Pearl: PIPLUP [POCCHAMA ^_^ since I've the Japanese version of it]
    - Pokémon Diamond: PIPLUP

Last edited:

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    My favorite overall would be Cyndaquil or Bulbasaur. No idea why, though. xD

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    i always liked squirtle because blastoise is my fave evolution, but turtwig moved up the ladder a bit because of torterra

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • Totodile FTW, Feraligatr is pure beast. Feraligatr is my fav pokemon of all time, meaning Totodile is my fav starter of all time! It might have to do my love of alligators and crocodiles, I do live in Louisiana so it makes sense.

☼Charlie☼

要素のマスター
    Years
  • I always get the fire starter and my favorite of them is Torchic because Blaziken is awesome! Squirtle and Charmander are pretty cool because of their final evolutions too. But I do have to say I am not too impressed with the 4th generation starters because of their lack of originally (ANOTHER FIRE - FIGHTING TYPE?!?!?).

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2008
    I like piplup the best. Prob cause i always thought penguins were cool :)

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
  • kanto - bulbasaur
    johto - cyndaquil (so cuuuuute)
    hoenn - treecko (neither of them really did anything for me actually)
    shinou - piplup

^ how u think empoleon is cute is really beyond me.. lol o_O

ultima2096

~baka baka
    Years
  • RBY, charmander.. had a small obsession with charizard. but the good thing here was venusaur and blastoise looked pretty damn good to!
    GSC, chikorita.. maganium was awesome.. feraligator looked good but typholsion sucked.. such a shame seeing as how cool cyndaquil looked.
    RSE, These guys were proper rubbish.. i really wasnt very happy with any of these guys but after looking into there evolved forms mudkip was the way forward.
    DP?, they did a good job of bring me back with these guys with all of there final forms looking pretty mean. I went for piplup as i thought empoleon looked the coolest and had the best name. wasnt that interest in infernape until i saw it in a demo for the wii game.

may question why were the hoenn pokemon so bad?

Zyph

Game developer. Hax0rz!
    Years
  • MUDKIP!!

Because I herd everyone lieks them.

But Charmander was my first Pokemon ever, so he'll always hold a special place.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • TOTODILE, I love him/her, his/her design, his/her exuberance and he/she was my first ever pokemon.
    My favourite secondary form would be eather Groyvle or Quilava.
    My favourite final evolutionary form would have to be probably Infernape even though I don't use him. Swampert, Charizard and Blastoise are basically tied though.

Back