• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return of the Queen

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    This story is being posted here mainly for one person in particular, who knows who she is. Anyway, it's a sequel to my fic "Dark Times" on another popular site which is down, so without seeing that one you may not fully understand this one. Unless I somehow get people following it here, I'll stop posting it here once that other site gets back up.

[PG-13]

Chapter 1, Part 1
    Prison Break​

The Sinnoh League was in turmoil. It was about nine months ago that three of the Elite Four - Aaron, Bertha and Flint - had all been mysteriously killed, apparently by someone using dark powers. It had later been discovered that Cyrus, the leader of the mysterious Team Galactic, had these powers and was possibly the one who was behind these attacks. However, when faced with a long jail sentence, Cyrus told the police that in reality those Elite had been sucked off the face of the earth by one of their own - Champion Cynthia. After a long battle, Cynthia was captured and brought to prison, along with her boyfriend Lucian.

But this was only what the television reports told the Sinnoh gym leaders. None of them believed that Cynthia was responsible for those deaths, and all of them thought that it was indeed Cyrus who had killed the Elite. The prevailing notion amongst them was that Kanto - where Cynthia was locked up, in Celadon City - was responsible for a massive propaganda campaign, with the purpose of continuing to keep Sinnoh out of power and allowing the Indigo League to keep its position as the top league. After all, Cynthia had been the best trainer anyone had seen outside Kanto or Johto - perhaps ever.

Thus in order to try to solve the problems of the league, the gym leaders called a meeting, where they all gathered in the Sinnoh League headquarters building, now vacant. It was clear right off the bat that none of them could agree on anything.

"This league is a joke, I tell you, a joke!" Byron yelled. "We've gone nine months without a champion, and no one seems to care!"

"Hey, I care!" Volkner replied. "As the top-ranked gym leader, I have the right to join the Elite in case of an absence… but after Flint was killed I just couldn't care anymore."

"We don't have even one Elite though, we have nobody! No champion, no one to lead us!" Wake commented.

"If I ran this league, we would have had a replacement champion right away, but no one listens to me!" Gardenia complained.

"Keep your shirt on," Maylene replied. "If you had the skills, then you'd have that right, but you don't. You're just a low-ranked gym leader."

"Hey, who's getting into rankings here? I thought we weren't going to talk about those today!" Roark yelled.

"But they do matter…" Volkner remarked.

Six of the gym leaders began arguing vehemently over whether they should factor in gym leader rankings into their discussion. Meanwhile, Fantina turned to Candice, looking very confused.

"Classements? Why classements so important?" Fantina asked. "Je ne comprends pas."

"It's all about their egos," Candice replied, as she could perfectly understand and translate any of Fantina's broken language. "The high-ranked ones want to be important, while the low-ranked ones want their voices to matter too."

The gym leaders continued arguing, before Maylene finally spoke up.

"Look, everyone, it's clear that none of us has the respect of a champion!" she declared. "None of us could ever feel the gap that Cynthia has left us. She was a real leader, someone we really trusted. She took care of our land well."

"Like a queen," Gardenia commented.

This caused everyone to pause. Cynthia, after the killing of three of the Sinnoh Elite, had gone to the Indigo League and effectively taken over control of the league after champion Giselle was blackmailed. Then, in a television spectacle, Lucian placed a crown upon her head and she began calling herself "Queen Cynthia." This caused outrage amongst Kanto citizens, and eventually a large group of gym leaders worked to take her out of her position, leading to her arrest.

"She deserved to be queen," Wake said.

"Kanto hated her because she was from Sinnoh," Byron remarked. "I tell you, she would have been the perfect queen."

"She knew how to lead, unlike anyone else we've ever had here," Volkner said. "If she was here right now, everyone would be in perfect order. She was a queen."

"There's no way Cynthia killed your friend Flint!" Roark replied to Volkner. "I know she was better than that!"

"There's no question Cynthia is innocent," Maylene commented. "She was framed by Cyrus. We've got to find a way to get her back, where she belongs, as champion of the Sinnoh League."

"And as queen, if she so prefers," Gardenia added.

It only took a moment's notice for a couple of the leaders to have an idea.

"That's easy! Just show me the jail, and I'll dig her out! It can't be that difficult!" Byron declared.

"I'll help you, dad!" Roark chimed in. "We can break her out of prison and get her back to where she belongs!"

While the other six seemed to all agree on this, Fantina and Candice held their reservations.

"Prison break? Is that not injuste?" Fantina asked.

"I agree, there is no way we can just go break someone out of prison," Candice stated. "We have to prove her innocence, not bounce her from her cell."

However, their pleas for justice were quickly shot down.

"Look, Candice, do you want this league to continue to linger in turmoil?" Volkner asked. "We've had no leadership, no champion, and look what's happened. Hardly anyone comes to gyms for battles anymore - there's no need. There's no point in collecting all eight gym badges, if there's no Sinnoh champion to battle."

"Yeah, and hardly any of us were able to win a match at the Pokémon League," Roark added.

Candice smiled. Naturally, she was one of only two of the eight to have won a battle in the 2009 Pokémon League tournament, a 64-trainer tournament where six of them bombed out in their only match - even the mighty Volkner. Only Fantina also managed a win.

"We know Cynthia is innocent, don't we?" Gardenia asked.

"Let's find out," Wake said. "We each have some paper here. Everyone privately votes on whether they think she's innocent. If seven of us vote for her innocence, then we agree to break her out of jail."

The trainers took a moment to write down their votes, then Wake called for them to show their votes.

"Innocent," Roark said, holding up his piece of paper.

"Innocent," Gardenia added, with her vote saying the same.

"Innocent," Maylene stated.

"Innocent," Wake commented.

"Innocent," Byron said.

Volkner silently held up his vote, which read "innocent." Meanwhile, Fantina looked confused, and Candice refused to show her vote.

"Candice, as always, the contrarian," Maylene remarked. "Let's see it."

Candice held up her vote, which was just a large question mark.

"I really don't know," she said. "For all we know, she could-"

"No, she couldn't!" Volkner yelled, refusing to believe that Cynthia had killed his friend Flint.

"Anyway, we have six," Wake said. "It's up to Fantina."

Fantina continued to look around in confusion.

"Fantina, show your vote," Candice told her.

Fantina held up her piece of paper, which merely said "non."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Wake asked angrily.

"Non coupable," Fantina said. "Innocent."

Candice sighed. Meanwhile, the others looked happy about the result.

"Good, we have enough votes," Wake declared. "Now let's have Byron and Roark get back our champion."

Last edited:

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • *stares at title* I'm psychic, yay! ^.~ Okay, the title was obvious. And it doesn't make me happy that I was right...

Prison Break? o,o That's a series, isn't? Cool...or not cool, you can see it either way.
    It was about nine months ago that three of the Elite Four
    I assume that amount of months has something to do with the plot *giggles* and it's not a year. *giggles even more*
    None of them believed that Cynthia was responsible for those deaths,
    They haven't seen her in action, I suppose.
    After all, Cynthia had been the best trainer anyone had seen outside Kanto or Johto - perhaps ever.
    Yeah, right, sadly. *cough Giselle cough*
    "This league is a joke, I tell you, a joke!" Byron yelled. "We've gone nine months without a champion, and no one seems to care!"
    Yeah, right, dude *lol* No one of you cared either that your champion was a nut case who liked to erase people from the earth's surface.
    "Keep your shirt on,"
    Which shirt? lols
    Classements? Why classements so important?" Fantina asked. "Je ne comprends pas."

"It's all about their egos," Candice replied, as she could perfectly understand and translate any of Fantina's broken language.
    o,o You can speak French?! (And Candice can,too?) Oh noes...*gets out her old French dictionary* Zammy, help please. XD *g*
    "Like a queen," Gardenia commented.
    And the circle continues....
    eventually a large group of gym leaders worked to take her out of her position,
    And (ex) elite trainers. *nods*
    "And as queen, if she so prefers," Gardenia added.
    *headdesk*
    Candice smiled. Naturally, she was one of only two of the eight to have won a battle in the 2009 Pokémon League tournament, a 64-trainer tournament where six of them bombed out in their only match - even the mighty Volkner. Only Fantina also managed a win.
    Cool, the tournament is a real plot element! I like it! ^.^
    "What is that supposed to mean?" Wake asked angrily.

"Non coupable," Fantina said. "Innocent."
    lol I'm going to like French AND Fantina. ^^
    As you already said, you had your fun with teh Sinnoh gym leaders (and I'm quite happy you took them and not the boring Hoenn ones). I like them. Hope to see them in the future, too. (Especially Candice and Fantina- I'm started to like French. XD).
    Looking forward to next chapter/part and ff. net's revival. >>;;;;

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    The French I'm using is very broken, on purpose, because that's the way Fantina speaks. I don't know a bit of French, I just plug in whatever word I want into Google and translate it. Thus it comes out very broken, but that's the point. Fantina and Candice are obviously my favorites.

Now, part 2 of chapter 1.

----------

The psychics Cynthia and Lucian were held in separate jail cells in Celadon City, both cells surrounded by dark mist to prevent them from escaping. Pokémon League champion Giselle, who had the power to create dark energy, used her powers to prevent either of the two psychics from teleporting out of their cells. Cynthia, despite her immense power, was locked away for months.

Not long after she was jailed it was discovered that she was pregnant, thanks to Lucian. Over those months she sat in the dark, with a baby growing inside her, until now, when her baby was finally born. Doctors came into her cell, helping her deliver her baby.

"It's a boy," one of them told her.

"A boy…" Cynthia replied. "Since he was born of royalty, I'll name him Roy."

Cynthia remained as vain as ever even after three-quarters of a year in jail, still feeling that she deserved to be queen.

"Please, allow my Lucian to see him," she requested.

"Absolutely not!" a doctor replied. "You two are too dangerous to be allowed to be together!"

The doctors left Cynthia all alone with her newborn baby, where she began to cry. She had not seen or spoken to her Lucian ever since she had been locked away, and Lucian had no idea even that she had become pregnant. Lucian thus had no inkling that he was now a father.

Meanwhile, it was a very strange night in Celadon City, where the citizens and police officers were as naïve as their gym leader, Erika. The prison was very lightly guarded; the officers figured that the dark mist which Giselle had put in place would be enough to hold Cynthia and Lucian in from ever teleporting away. No one was out on the street when Byron and Roark came flying in on a Dodrio, ready to break free their champion.

A few minutes later, the ground began to shake in Cynthia's cell. Within moments, Roark and Byron appeared, coming out of the ground, having dug out a hole into Cynthia's cell.

"Cynthia! We are here to free you!" Roark said.

"This was too easy," Byron declared. "Apparently Celadon City is too naïve - they never expected anyone to try to dig from the outside in."

"Thank you," Cynthia replied. "But please, free my Lucian as well - he's in the cell next to us."

The Celadon jail remained silent, as many of the police officers had taken off for the night. Only a couple guards remained, and they could not hear anything, due to Byron and Roark's skillful mining abilities. They dug to Lucian's cell, coming up out of the ground, seeing the purple-haired psychic.

"Oh?" Lucian asked.

"We're here to free you!" Roark said. "You and Cynthia!"

"My Cynthia?" Lucian wondered.

Cynthia then came out of the ground, holding onto her newborn baby.

"Cynthia… you… you had a son…" Lucian stated. "I don't believe it…"

"He's ours," Cynthia replied. "His name's Roy, short for royalty."

"Roy," Lucian responded, touching his son.

"Come on, we've got to get out of here, back to Sinnoh!" Byron said. "Let's go!"

The two miners then dug their way out of the prison, with Cynthia and Lucian following them. Once they were outside of the jail, Cynthia and Lucian immediately teleported away to Sinnoh, as they were no longer confined by the dark energy which inhibited their ability to teleport. Roark and Byron, still unnoticed by police, simply took Dodrio back to Sinnoh.

-----------

Cynthia and Lucian stood before the eight Sinnoh gym leaders in the Pokémon League headquarters, dressed in fancy clothing. All of them applauded the fact that they were now free.

"I promise you," Cynthia declared, "I was not the one who killed the other Elite. That was Cyrus, the leader of Team Galactic, who framed me. He is still in prison for other crimes he committed, so he has not gotten away."

"Cynthia, our champion," Volkner replied, "we want you in charge of our land. We need someone to be in control of Sinnoh, in charge of the league, to lead us."

Cynthia smiled innocently. "You mean, you want a queen?" she asked.

The others nodded their heads in agreement, save for Candice, who remained indifferent.

"I shall lead Sinnoh to prominence in the Pokémon world, as your Queen Cynthia," Cynthia declared. "We will not just sit back while Kanto tries to push us around. You've seen what they did to me. Sinnoh will not take their corruption anymore. We together will make war on Kanto and punish them for their evil deeds."

The gym leaders cheered, again save for Candice, who looked indignant.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Lucian asked, holding on to his son. "Make her feel like a queen."

----------

Not that Kanto did not notice this. The day after Cynthia escaped, police noticed, but realized it was too late. They knew how powerful Cynthia was, and they felt helpless. However, they did not know what to do. Officer Jenny of Celadon City wanted to crawl into a hole after allowing such a prisoner to escape. She went to the first person she could think of for help - gym leader Erika.

Erika was shocked, to say the least. How could this have occurred? She thought everything had been secured, but now Cynthia was on the loose. Immediately she went to her best friend Sabrina in Saffron City for help.

"Cynthia… has escaped," Erika told Sabrina in a state of panic.

Sabrina, nursing her newborn baby girl Roxette, was in no mood to hear something like this. However, she did not have any choice but to hear out Erika.

"Lucian too?" she asked Erika.

"Yes," Erika replied. "It appears she dug out."

"How is that possible?" Sabrina asked. "Don't those police officers know how to do their jobs?"

"I don't understand how it happened," Erika replied. "But somehow she and Lucian both were able to dig out of the jail, and now they're free, somewhere in Sinnoh."

"What are they going to do?" Sabrina asked. "Surely she can't make herself queen here again."

"No, but she could make herself queen there," Erika responded. "You know how powerful she is."

Sabrina sighed. "Yes, I know," she muttered. "I don't know what we're going to do about this."

----------

Over the next few days, Cynthia officially became royalty in Sinnoh. Seven gym leaders signed official documents that made her queen of Sinnoh, with only Candice abstaining. Cynthia was given a golden crown and a large throne to sit upon. She wore her usual fancy black clothing as Lucian crowned her for all of Sinnoh to see, broadcast on Sinnoh television. The gym leaders then donated all sorts of gold jewelry to her, and she wore it extravagantly - large hoop earrings, beautiful necklaces, shiny wristbands. Last but not least, Lucian proposed marriage to her in front of millions of viewers, which she gracefully accepted. The queen of Sinnoh would be married to her love.

And then…

"I declare war on the land of Kanto," Cynthia declared. "We will conquer the entire land of Kanto and make it ours. Sinnoh is tired of being treated like a non-entity, and now we will take our revenge."

----------

In Kanto, no one knew how to take this. At the Pokémon League, champion Giselle simply laughed.

"War? How?" she wondered. "This must be a joke."

Lorelei was more concerned. "You remember what Cynthia did to us here, last year," she said. "She wiped out almost all of us with the mere use of her fingers. She's that strong."

Lance agreed. "That woman has such extreme powers, dark ones and psychic ones," he stated. "If she has the chance, she could kill many people."

"You should be concerned," Agatha told Giselle. "If this land falls, you will no longer be champion."

"Trust me, there's nothing to worry about," Giselle said. "I've got everything under control."

Her boyfriend Joe, the fourth member of the Elite Four, simply rolled his eyes.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Llalalalalalal....oh, my god....I....Oh....my........
    I'm psychic.
    Get me to the next Uri Geller, I'm psychic.
    x.x

Ahem.
    Somebody kick me. (Zammy kicks her). Okay, stupid question. XD
    Onto review. Lalalal....argh, get that stupid feeling out of yourself! XD
    Not long after she was jailed it was discovered that she was pregnant, thanks to Lucian.
    1. Thanks to who else? XD I mean, there's only one that really loves her. =3
    2. ....I'm psychic. Greatness. o,o
    Doctors came into her cell, helping her deliver her baby.
    And the doctors weren't killed by the dark energy? *g*
    "Since he was born of royalty, I'll name him Roy."
    ....you know, if you had seriously named him Leroy (my favourite name for a son of them), I would....have jumped off a cliff? Killed Uri Geller? Claimed the 1 million dollars by James Randi? I don't know...I just know that I'm scared of myself. o,o
    ...in twenty years, we'll either have a) two death vendettas caused by Roxette and Roy (omg, even the same letter...'r'...) Or
    b) the perfect Romeo&Juliett story, driving their parents crazy.
    "Please, allow my Lucian to see him," she requested.
    Not fair. >< That guy doesn't even know he's a father!!! Just not fair...even for a criminal like Cynthia.
    Not to mention that the poor boy is growing up in complete darkness. >.<
    The prison was very lightly guarded;
    o,o Ulalalla....not good. And one main theme here, I see. XD
    Within moments, Roark and Byron appeared, coming out of the ground, having dug out a hole into Cynthia's cell.
    Did they even notice the baby? *lol*
    "Cynthia… you… you had a son…" Lucian stated. "I don't believe it…"

"He's ours," Cynthia replied. "His name's Roy, short for royalty."

"Roy," Lucian responded, touching his son.
    *sniffs* I'm actually crying. ;.; I mean...these two do love each other...and now they have a child too...argh, I love the pairing (and Cynthia too much). *sniffs*
    "I was not the one who killed the other Elite. That was Cyrus, the leader of Team Galactic, who framed me.
    She's a good actor. >>;;;
    save for Candice, who remained indifferent.
    Hm....
    Not that Kanto did not notice this. The day after Cynthia escaped, police noticed, but realized it was too late.
    No...just no. *shakes head* Nooooooo!!! >.< Stupid *insert various swear words here* police.
    Officer Jenny of Celadon City wanted to crawl into a hole after allowing such a prisoner to escape.
    *gets her out of the mouse hole* YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!
    "Cynthia… has escaped," Erika told Sabrina in a state of panic.

Sabrina, nursing her newborn baby girl Roxette, was in no mood to hear something like this.
    Cuteness overload. And panic. Yep, panic.
    "How is that possible?" Sabrina asked. "Don't those police officers know how to do their jobs?"
    Simple answer. No.
    Last but not least, Lucian proposed marriage to her in front of millions of viewers, which she gracefully accepted. The queen of Sinnoh would be married to her love.
    Awwwww....cute, sweet, yet with a bitter taste. >.<
    "I declare war on the land of Kanto,"
    O.O Simply O.O
    Cyntia doesn't need an army. She is an army.
    "Trust me, there's nothing to worry about," Giselle said. "I've got everything under control."

Her boyfriend Joe, the fourth member of the Elite Four, simply rolled his eyes.
    Okay, people, panic. Now.

I'm so going to love the moment Roy& Roxette meet. If they meet. That's going to be so fun....

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Now it was you who inspired me originally to make them have a baby. But the idea of a) them having a son and b) him being named Roy were totally mine, way before you just so happened to write those things. (Roy is close enough to Leroy, which was a name I considered, too.) Now there are so many dynamics possible with Roxette and Roy, assuming their parents survive and they themselves survive *hint*. When you said Leroy, I was just in utter shock that you would guess a name so close to the one I had already chosen. The jail time was a convenient way for Cynthia to become pregnant and have her son without battling anyone during that time. But now that Lucian will be taking care of the boy most of the time... watch out!

Finally, Part 3 of Chapter 1, the end of the chapter, and if ff.net works again, the only chapter I'll post here (as it won't be necessary anymore). But either way you can expect a cruel Chapter 2 tomorrow.

----------

The eight Sinnoh gym leaders gathered at the Sinnoh League headquarters with their queen and her boyfriend, who was nursing his child.

"How are we going to make war?" Wake asked Cynthia.

"It's quite simple, actually," Cynthia replied. "As much as they think we're going to use some sort of guns and weapons, we aren't. We will simply go into a random city, the ten of us, and unleash our Pokémon. After much destruction, the gym leader will be forced to surrender, and we'll bring him or her to us as our prisoner. After we have enough of them captured, the Indigo League will have no choice but to surrender control over to me."

"Is this really the right thing to do, Cynthia?" Candice asked.

Cynthia reached her hand out. As she did, Candice fell from her seat onto the floor, smacking her knee badly.

"What was that for?" she asked.

"First of all, I will be called Queen Cynthia, and you will learn to call me that or else face my wrath," Cynthia replied. "Second, you will not question me; I am the queen, and I will make the decisions for this land. You chose me, after all."

Candice picked herself off the floor, rubbing her knee. "Most of us did, at least," she muttered.

"Understand that things are going to be run differently than they were in the past," Cynthia explained. "Before, we took what Kanto said and accepted it. They ruled the Pokémon world, they chose what they thought was morally right and wrong. I was considered to be morally wrong to them; they jailed me on the words of the leader of Team Galactic. Now it's different; Sinnoh will choose what is morally right and wrong. To oppose Sinnoh and its queen is to be morally in the wrong. That will go for both those outside Sinnoh…"

She then smiled sweetly at Candice.

"…and those in Sinnoh," she finished.

"I understand, Queen Cynthia," Candice meekly replied.

"Now, if you'll excuse me," she told the Sinnoh gym leaders, "I have important business to take care of."

She walked off with Lucian towards her room, where the two shared their happiness with each other in a very intimate way.

----------

Sabrina was busy taking of her baby Roxette when she was interrupted by someone particularly annoying.

"Hi, it's the Pokémon League silver medalist here!"

Sabrina groaned. Ever since Liza managed to finish second place in the Pokémon League tournament, she had been bragging non-stop about it. She could not imagine what would have happened had Liza managed to win the whole thing.

"What is it, Liza?" Sabrina questioned.

"Oh, I just wanted to check in on Roxette," Liza replied. "She's such a cute baby, isn't she?"

"Yes, and it's hard enough to take care of her without you around bothering me," Sabrina said.

"Well, why don't you have your husband do something about that?" Liza asked.

"He has to work, you know?" Sabrina responded.

"Why? Have you suddenly gone poor?" Liza questioned with a laugh.

"You know, you're becoming too much like the girl you lost to in the championship," Sabrina replied.

Liza frowned. Being compared to the super-arrogant Giselle was never a good thing, nor was it fun for her to have her only loss in the tournament brought up.

"Oh, please, would you let me take care of her?" Liza asked, referring of course to Roxette.

"No, you're not touching her," Sabrina responded.

"You let your parents hold her!" Liza protested.

"Oh, all right," Sabrina replied, handing her baby over to Liza. Liza then cradled the baby in her arms, while Sabrina looked on nervously.

"What's the matter, Sabrina?" Liza asked.

"I'm afraid you'll drop her…" Sabrina responded.

"Relax," Liza said. "You worry too much."

Sabrina thought about this last statement. Was it true, that she worried too much? After all, she had been panicking recently about Cynthia's escape from prison. Could she just be too on edge?

"Liza, I have to wonder… are you concerned about what happened with Cynthia?" she asked.

"Let's see… a woman with the power to suck people into black holes who declared war on your land… no, I'm not concerned," Liza replied.

Sabrina sighed at Liza's remark, while Liza laughed. "This isn't funny!" Sabrina protested.

"I wonder… weren't you two friends at one time?" Liza asked.

"You mean, Cynthia and me?" Sabrina questioned.

"Yes," Liza said.

"Well, I guess at one time we were… but now she's a criminal. I could never be friends with someone like her," Sabrina responded.

"What if she… turned good?" Liza asked.

"She's not going to do that," Sabrina replied. "She's killed too many people."

"So you wouldn't forgive her," Liza questioned.

"No, I'd forgive her, it's just…" Sabrina sighed. "I can't imagine that happening."

"Oh, what are you worried about?" Liza asked. "Last time I saved Will's butt, so if Cynthia comes after you, I'll save everyone's butt again."

"That was Erika who saved everyone," Sabrina corrected her. "Give me back my child."

"No way!" Liza protested. "I still want to hold her… she's so cute."

----------

The next day, in another meeting of the Sinnoh League, Cynthia proposed where to attack first.

"Saffron City," she said, making it plain and clear.

"But, Queen Cynthia!" Wake protested. "Wouldn't it make more sense to attack-"

"Saffron City," Cynthia repeated. "I'm not wavering. I have some unfinished business to take care of there."

"Pourquoi?" Fantina asked Candice in a whisper.

"It seems she holds a personal grudge against someone who lives there," Candice whispered back.

"Tomorrow all of us, save for my Lucian, will go to Saffron, where we will take over their city," Cynthia declared.

"Why not-" Byron started to say, before looking at Lucian cradling his baby Roy. "Oh, right."

"Everyone understand?" Cynthia asked.

"Yes," most of them replied, with Fantina adding a "Oui."

"Then tomorrow Saffron is the first to fall," Cynthia said.

And you, Sabrina, will finally pay the consequence for not being the strongest psychic in the world, while thinking you are, Cynthia thought.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • ^^ I just checked the fanclub again. When I first suggested them having a child, I did indeed say son. XD
    Right now, I only see two dynamics a) either they hate each other to death or b) they love each other till death. Okay, okay, I'm helpless there, I love the two extremes. 0=)
    *kicks the hint* Not again you'll get me with deaths and stuff. >>
    I hope it's a coincidence
    0=) She did not get pregnant in jail time, rather before, eh?
    *lols* Cynthia managed what Sabrina didn't- getting her husband to play the housekeeper.
    *sighs* Last review for today.
    After much destruction, the gym leader will be forced to surrender, and we'll bring him or her to us as our prisoner.
    I *don't* like that tactic. I really don't.
    "Is this really the right thing to do, Cynthia?" Candice asked.

Cynthia reached her hand out. As she did, Candice fell from her seat onto the floor, smacking her knee badly.

"What was that for?" she asked.
    I'm starting to like Candice. ^^
    "Most of us did, at least," she muttered.
    Not all, though.
    She walked off with Lucian towards her room, where the two shared their happiness with each other in a very intimate way.
    Okay, I'll lean myself out of the window and say their next son will be called....hm...any other royalty name? XD *sudden idea pops up* Alexander! You knew, the one who conquered half the world...
    "Hi, it's the Pokémon League silver medalist here!"
    *literally bursts out with laughter*
    She could not imagine what would have happened had Liza managed to win the whole thing.
    a) I wouldn't be able to write since my keyboard would be somewhere in my stomach and b) the world would have gone BOOM. Even without Cynthia.
    "Well, why don't you have your husband do something about that?" Liza asked.
    Give her to Lucian, he knows now how to take care of babies. XD!!!
    "Why? Have you suddenly gone poor?" Liza questioned with a laugh.
    Lols Hopefully not. A child costs money, but I guess these two have enough. (If Sabrina can't work right now, though...)
    "You know, you're becoming too much like the girl you lost to in the championship," Sabrina replied.
    LOL Completely agreed. XD!!! Though no one can be as bad as Giselle. She's the best at being the worst...*cough*
    Sabrina thought about this last statement. Was it true, that she worried too much? After all, she had been panicking recently about Cynthia's escape from prison. Could she just be too on edge?
    Events concerning Lucian&Cynthia in the last part+ recent birth+ probably not sleeping much due to Roxy + having to take care of her alone= strained nerves for sure.
    "Let's see… a woman with the power to suck people into black holes who declared war on your land… no, I'm not concerned," Liza replied.
    Liza, your humour is killing me. >>;;;;
    "I wonder… weren't you two friends at one time?" Liza asked.

"You mean, Cynthia and me?" Sabrina questioned.

"Yes," Liza said.

"Well, I guess at one time we were… but now she's a criminal. I could never be friends with someone like her," Sabrina responded.
    Hm...hm...hm....and the idea about Cynthia turning good...ooc, but still...of course, I would like to see that, but...hm....
    "Give me back my child."

"No way!" Liza protested. "I still want to hold her… she's so cute."
    lol, then take care of her for a day, Liza. 0=) And then tell me you still find her cute.
    "Saffron City," she said, making it plain and clear.
    WHAT?!?!? O.O
    I have some unfinished business to take care of there."
    O,O I know what business, but....I don't like the sound of that.
    "It seems she holds a personal grudge against someone who lives there," Candice whispered back.
    *coughs* We know who.
    "Why not-" Byron started to say, before looking at Lucian cradling his baby Roy. "Oh, right."
    Lol So funny, and yet, so cute. ^^

Now I know what you meant with your hint...argh...>.<

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    I have decided to begin posting my chapters here again, for a certain member who likes my story (I hope!). But I can't go and post the 30-some chapters that I skipped, so go here to read the in-between chapters. I will resume here, with Chapter 33. [Again, PG-13.]

Chapter 33

Great Balls of Fire

Lucian brought out Sabrina in front of Cynthia the next day. Sabrina was powerless, feeling as weak as ever. She simply lay on the ground before Cynthia, not speaking a word.

"Your torture begins now," Cynthia stated.

She snapped her fingers, and instantly Sabrina went into agony, feeling all sorts of pain. Cynthia began to laugh, while Lucian frowned. He did not feel it was right that his wife put Sabrina through such pain, but he refused to speak up against her.

After an hour, Cynthia relented on the pain, and Sabrina gasped for air, while still crying hysterically.

"Lucian, put her away, and bring her back the same time tomorrow," Cynthia requested.

"Queen Cynthia, if I may, would you accept an argument in Sabrina's favor?" Lucian asked.

Sabrina's ears perked up. Was Lucian really trying to help her out?

"Okay, but only because it is you, Lucian," Cynthia replied.

"Queen Cynthia, it is obvious that Sabrina has committed awful crimes against your majesty, she has killed your two parents, whom you can never get back," Lucian stated. "She claims her innocence, and her argument is of validity. Therefore by continuing to attack her you give credibility to her as a martyr and shame on your majesty."

Cynthia did not say a word.

"If it pleases the queen, let me request that you stop attacking Sabrina, in order to bring further fame to your majesty as a fair and merciful queen," Lucian said. "As it stands, you spend every day with Sabrina haunting you, instead of letting her go. By killing her you would only shift the guilt to your majesty. If it pleases the queen, let me request that you let Sabrina go, with the condition that she never shows her face to you again."

Cynthia remained silent for a minute. Sabrina began to get hopeful as she waited for her to respond. Then, suddenly, Cynthia spoke.

"Get down on your knees, boy!" Cynthia demanded. "How dare you try to order around the queen!"

Lucian immediately dropped to his knees and bowed his head before Cynthia. But before he could even apologize, Cynthia spoke to Sabrina.

"Since I am a merciful queen, I hereby release you from my presence," Cynthia stated. "It would be to your advantage to never show your face to me again, or to even be in my presence, or you will immediately die. The same goes for your pathetic husband and any of your offspring. None of them should speak to, look at, or even walk nearby the queen, her sister, Lucian, or our offspring. This is your final warning, and the most merciful thing I shall ever do for you."

The weak Sabrina could barely speak. "Th-thank you, Q-Queen Cynthia," she stuttered.

Cynthia released the barrier that surrounded her palace, and Sabrina was able to teleport away. She ended up teleporting to the living room of her mansion, where she simply cried, trying to recover from the extreme pain.
    ==========
    Roxanne's group of "chosen ones" arrived at Shamouti Island, where they found a bunch of natives singing songs and carrying torches. They also found Melody and Gary standing there, with Melody looking quite annoyed.

"What have you come here for?" Melody asked Roxanne.

"We are on a mission," Roxanne said in a serious voice. "We have come to find the Island of Obscurity."

"The Island of… what?" Melody exclaimed.

"We must find the Azure Flute so we may gain communication with the great Arceus," Roxanne continued.

"I know all about flute playing, and let me be the first to tell you that there is no such thing as an Azure Flute," Melody replied. "You're on a wild goose chase."

Roxanne walked past Melody and Gary towards the natives of the island, who were going through a ritual. "Excuse me," she said, "but have you heard of the legend of Arceus?"

"Why yes," one native told her. "We know all about the myth of Arceus."

Roxanne brought over Cynthia's grandparents, and they talked with the natives. After their talk, they came to a stunning conclusion.

"What is it?" Joe asked.

"In order for the Island of Obscurity to appear, human sacrifices must be made," Roxanne explained.

"Count me out!" Silver shouted. "This is ridiculous!"

Jasmine hugged Silver tightly, very nervous about this idea.

"But those who are sacrificed will become one with Arceus!" Roxanne continued. "That is a fate better than eternal life. I only wish I could be the one sacrificed."

"You're crazy!" Silver shouted.

"Roxanne, you really don't want to do this, do you?" Joe asked.

"It all depends on the pearl," Carolina said.

"The pearl?" Will asked.

"The pearl will glow purple if the chosen ones who hold it are to be sacrificed," Carolina explained. "We all shall hold the pearl and find out if we are the ones to be sacrificed."

The "chosen ones" handed around the pearl, with Melody looking on in disgust. Surely none of them would be stupid enough to die for some unknown Pokémon?

"It's purple!" Roxanne shouted.

Jasmine gasped. She was holding the pearl, and it did indeed glow a bright purple. Silver immediately snatched the pearl off her.

"Well, forget it," Silver said. "She is not giving up her life for this cause."

"Look, it's still purple, and you have it!" Roxanne gasped. "You two are the ones who have been chosen to sacrifice your lives to become one with Arceus! What an honor!"

Silver took the pearl and threw it. Roxanne chased after it and picked it up. She then stared Silver straight in the face.

"We now must kill you and Jasmine," she stated. "If not, we shall never see the Island of Obscurity."
    ==========
    Liza found Sabrina lying in her mansion, unable to move. She immediately called medics to come pick her up and take her to the hospital.

After Sabrina was taken into the hospital and was being treated, Liza called up her parents to tell them how their daughter was doing.

"What happened to her?" Mrs. Saffron asked.

"Oh, that awful queen Cynthia tortured her a little bit, that's all," Liza replied. "She'll be fine."

"Tortured?" Mrs. Saffron questioned.

"Yeah, there's this woman who hates Sabrina and pretty much does whatever she wants to her," Liza said. "Sabrina looked awfully pathetic, I have to say."

"Well, what can we do to stop this from happening again?" Mrs. Saffron asked.

"Nothing! Sabrina's completely at Cynthia's mercy!" Liza replied. "But I get this feeling that Cynthia's going to lay off your daughter for a while… as long as you bow."

"Bow?" Mrs. Saffron asked.

"You'll find out," Liza said with a laugh.
    ==========
    "Look, Roxanne, we're not giving up our lives for the sake of some crazy cult of yours," Silver told Roxanne. "We quit!"

He grabbed Jasmine's hand and began to walk away. Roxanne stared at his back angrily, before pulling out a Poké Ball.

"Graveler, pummel them!" she yelled.

Silver turned around and sent out his Totodile to counter Graveler. Using a Water Gun attack, it managed to hold off Graveler for the time being, long enough for Jasmine to send out her Steelix to battle as well. Roxanne sent out her Nosepass as well, but it was no good. Steelix overpowered both of them easily.

"Fine, just run away, and destroy all our dreams!" Roxanne cried. "Someday you'll wish you were one with Arceus!"

"I'm sure," Silver laughed.

But in the moments it took for him and Jasmine to retrieve their Pokémon, they were suddenly surrounded by natives carrying torches. The natives grabbed the two of them and prevented them from grabbing their Poké Balls. They then carried them off towards a fire, as Roxanne smiled. Joe, Will and Karen gasped, while Melody crossed her arms nonchalantly.
    ==========
    All over the Pokémon world, in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, televisions that were on had themselves suddenly changed to a shot of Cynthia, sitting upon her golden throne.

"Greetings, my people," Cynthia stated. "I am your queen, Cynthia. I request – no, I demand – that anyone viewing this broadcast immediately would bow down before me. Wherever you are right now, just bow down, and I will spare your life. For you must accept that I am your queen, and that I am queen of the entire Pokémon world."

Millions of people dropped to their knees and bowed down, fearing for their lives. Of the hundreds who saw her message and refused, Cynthia simply snapped her fingers and instantly killed them, no matter where they were in the world.

"Thank you," Cynthia said. "Just remember, all who oppose me shall die immediately. I shall reign as your queen forever!"

She laughed as the broadcast ended.
    ==========
    Silver and Jasmine were tied to stakes in front of a gigantic fire. Roxanne smiled as she watched them helplessly squirm, trying to escape.

"I envy you two," Roxanne stated. "If the pearl would only have glowed purple for me, I would be happily be dying to become one with Arceus, but alas, fate has not allowed me that privilege. Nevertheless, you two will receive the glory of becoming one with the great Arceus. Light the stakes!"

Natives walked over and lit the stakes on fire, and Silver and Jasmine watched as the fire began to burn up towards their bodies. They could not do a thing but cry out.

"Silver, save me!" Jasmine screamed.

"I can't, Jasmine!" Silver cried.

The flames climbed higher and higher, until they were just about to touch their bodies. That was when Will grabbed the pearl off Roxanne and tossed it into the fire.

"How could you do that?" Roxanne exclaimed.

The pearl hit the fire, and the fire exploded. The natives ran in fear as smoke covered the place. In the chaos, Roxanne could not see what happened to Jasmine and Silver.

"They must have died," Roxanne said.

"Look!" Cynthia's grandfather told Roxanne, pointing off into the distance.

Roxanne looked in the direction he was pointing and saw an island far away.

"That wasn't there before!" Roxanne exclaimed. "That must be the Island of Obscurity!"

She then looked down to see two piles of ashes near the edge of the fire, and the pearl sitting there, unharmed.

"Oh, I envy you two, to be part of Arceus right now," Roxanne said. "But we'll see you again, as part of the great Pokémon."

She picked up the pearl.

"Come on, let's go – to the Island of Obscurity!" Roxanne told the others. "Jasmine and Silver are with Arceus now, and we must go find Arceus ourselves."

Joe, Will and Karen followed Roxanne and Cynthia's grandparents as they boarded the giant Pidgeotto. They were off to the Island of Obscurity.

"Poor Jasmine and Silver," Joe stated.

"It was a necessary sacrifice," Carolina replied.

"They're better off now, anyway," Roxanne said.

Meanwhile, Karen grasped Will's hand.

"Forget about Sabrina," she told him. "When we find Arceus, she will be of no meaning to you anymore."

Will could not find the words to say. He just knew that Karen's words from before rang true.

"Your heart longs for a queen, whom you can bow before."

Was he really that pathetic, like Lucian? Did he need a queen that badly? And yet, the taste of the kiss remained. That taste, that feeling – that was all he needed to know. If he could only feel that one more time, he would be happy to call her queen.

But none of that mattered to Roxanne. She had her heart set on meeting Arceus. And she was willing to sacrifice any of the remaining "chosen ones" in order to achieve her goal.

I will meet you, Arceus, and you will set this world right, Roxanne thought. And then my life will be complete.

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Hm, short chapter, somehow. Or is it that ff.net makes them longer? Oo No idea...(ff.net failed for me today, so yeah, I could not read it there before. >>)
    Title: ...*snickers*
    He did not feel it was right that his wife put Sabrina through such pain, but he refused to speak up against her.
    Good boy. *pats*
    "Queen Cynthia, if I may, would you accept an argument in Sabrina's favor?" Lucian asked.

Sabrina's ears perked up. Was Lucian really trying to help her out?
    Very good boy. *pats again*
    Therefore by continuing to attack her you give credibility to her as a martyr and shame on your majesty.
    Hm...nice argumentation. XD I hope it works.
    If it pleases the queen,
    I noticed that he likes to repeat this. Nice detail. ^.~
    with the condition that she never shows her face to you again."
    *whistles* Not going to happen.
    It would be to your advantage to never show your face to me again, or to even be in my presence, or you will immediately die. The same goes for your pathetic husband and any of your offspring. None of them should speak to, look at, or even walk nearby the queen, her sister, Lucian, or our offspring.
    *P*A snickers loudly* Oh dear, the sequel is going to be funny as hell. Under this condition, she kinda has to kill the whole family then. And her own son, too.
    where she simply cried, trying to recover from the extreme pain.
    Alas, torture has not ended here. *growls at Will- and Karen*
    "You're on a wild goose chase."
    Yeah, but if that is the only thing you can do to save the world...
    "Why yes," one native told her. "We know all about the myth of Arceus."
    Ha! *winks at Melody*
    Count me out!" Silver shouted. "This is ridiculous!"
    Dito here. Human sacrifices? WTF? Are we in the middle ages now?
    "We now must kill you and Jasmine," she stated. "If not, we shall never see the Island of Obscurity."
    ...the number of insane girls in your fic is continuously rising...
    "Oh, that awful queen Cynthia tortured her a little bit, that's all,"
    ...that's all? Liza, your kind of humour is unique....
    "Bow?" Mrs. Saffron asked.

"You'll find out," Liza said with a laugh.
    *rolls eyes* Liza, your humour...Why do I have the feeling that Sabrina's parents are not going to survive?
    "Someday you'll wish you were one with Arceus!"
    Aka someday you'll wish you were as insane as me. x,x
    They then carried them off towards a fire, as Roxanne smiled.
    O,O
    If the pearl would only have glowed purple for me, I would be happily be dying to become one with Arceus, but alas, fate has not allowed me that privilege.
    *sweatdrops* *just sweatdrops*
    That was when Will grabbed the pearl off Roxanne and tossed it into the fire.
    Good boy. XD!
    "When we find Arceus, she will be of no meaning to you anymore."
    Why only then?
    If he could only feel that one more time, he would be happy to call her queen.
    ... *no comment*
    And she was willing to sacrifice any of the remaining "chosen ones" in order to achieve her goal.
    Insanity, very much.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    It's a normal-sized chapter, it just must look smaller here.

No concern for Jasmine and Silver? See, this is why I never wanted to tell you that certain characters would be safe, because now all the suspense is gone. You just figure I'm not going to kill anyone. I never said they were safe, though.

Roxanne is quickly becoming one of the most fun characters to write, because she is truly insane. And, if you look closely, I'm making a statement about Arceus...

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
  • Ah, no concern because Roxanne said that they will be happy now, being sacrified for the great Arceus. That not a reason to be happy for them, hm? 0=)
    Of course, I doubt that you would actually kill two of your favourite characters (just like I would never kill Sabrina off for good, you know XD), and so, I was kind amore concerned about Sabrina's parents than these two. >.< Jasmine and Silver are clever enough to figure a way out, Sabrina's parents rather...not. >.<

...weirdly enough, you turn your favourite characters insane. XD Is that a hint? And no, I haven't caught that remark about Arceus, sadly. >.<

Back