• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PixelRage GameEngine

What languages should the Engine support.

• C Sharp

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • VB.Net

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruby (via ironruby)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Javascript (Via ironjs)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
  • First some opening. Many of you might remember me from threads such as Pokemon XY PC and droping hint bombs that i like linux OSes. i have returned from college where weirdly PC was blocked but discord was not LOL.

In that time i have been developing a kit to improve 2D design for users of C# and VB.Net. So without futher ado.

PixelRage GameEngine
    What is it: It is a C Sharp libary using the backend of SDL,OpenAL and Libsndfile(V2.1) to help with designing video games on the C#/VB and at push F#/Boo(Not tested).

Any Screenshots?: I could do but it be mainly all code of how to load graphics and audio into the system and handle inputs.
    How ever if you want them ill post them.

Can i use it for graphics on my winform Application: Support is supplied for this in the PixelRage_Compatablilty library.

Any examples? Examples come included in my PixelRage_KitInstaller.

Mac Support? Yes but you will need to install libsndfile,SDL2,SDL2_Image,SDL2_TTF and OpenAL from homebrew. (If anyone has the universal packages for these ill very much appreciate them);
    Linux Support? Same as mac. but the software center/apt-get should have them.

Download? My Uploads
    If you are unsure on what one to get. Just grab the lastest version of kitinstaller

Do i need Admin permissions: On mac and linux yes. Windows: only if you want the GAC install.

Finally all credits are listed in Credits.txt however ill supply it here too
    Spoiler:

Patron: All library are dynamically link to my assembly and there for i can gain money from library that use the Zlib,Mit,Lgpl licences. I declare that everything in my library to the best of my knowledge fits this and under law swear that i can disturbed my library as such.

If you wish to donate to me: Pateron

Finally the FAQ
    Spoiler:

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy theses tools

Install Guide and Your first applcation
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkCatDragon

Years
  • An update
    The next version will have better named keycode than the default ones provided by SDL.h
    Version 3
    ill start work on a GUI engine as most on here are from a RPG Maker XP background. There will be a poll up of soon
    Also in Version 3. ill be dropuing SDL_Image (the png file loader) for one called devIl or Devlopers Image Libary. This supports a few more formats. and extracting gifs more effenctnly than c# or SDL_Image.

PinkCatDragon

Years
  • Upcoming changes for
    05/09/2017
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back