• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Mr.Fuji Story

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    Have you avere heard about the full story of this charchter?

he made his debut in R/B/Y Games where he runs the Lavender Volunteer Pok?mon House.
    He seems to be an humble and nice man, particulary caring fot the ones in need.

Always in theese games can be found evidences of his past as a Doctor in Cinnabar, since there is a photo of him in the lab as well as in the Gym (behind Blaine).
    Also the Diary present in Pokemon Mansion is supposed to be written by the former scientist.

Much wider details of his past is shown in the uncut version of the first pokemon movie: Metwo Strikes Back, where he's depicted as a scientist interested in ultimating the process of clonation, in order to revive his daughter Amber (sadly disappeared in her childhood).
    For this reason he accepted to collaborate with Giovanni in his attempt to obtain a living copy of Mew.

(N.B. for some people Mr.Fuji and Dr.Fuji are two different characters who only share the same name.
    This theory is supported by the fact that in the anime the Doctor seems to have a different aspect in comparison with the elder man met in the games.)

However I belive that the same person theory is coherent: the early loss of his daughter can giustify his behaviour towards the needing people.

Years
  • Mr.Fuji is a pretty interesting character. I consider the anime and games to be two completely different things, so I'll be talking about Mr.Fuji from the games. Considering Fuji was a native from Cinnabar, and is good friends with the scientist Blaine, I do believe that he was part of the original group that created Mewtwo. That was also revealed in Pokemon Origins, which is more related to the original games than the anime.

Overall he's one of my favorite characters of the original games, he's a pretty nice guy, and he has the mysterious background regarding him being a scientist. Maybe it'd be nice to see him in a future game, perhaps he has more to say about the birth of Mewtwo?

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • You see how you had to explain that Dr. Fuji and Mr. Fuji are two different characters?...

Games and Anime/Movies aren't canonical with each other...It's not necessarily that the characters are different, but that the universes aren't...Similar to how Red isn't Ash but is based on Ash, and even the Ash in Yellow isn't anime Ash...A lot of times, the differences are subtle, other times, they're drastically different...

That said, always loved the darker side of pokemon when it is apparent...But nope, I didn't remember a lot of what you said from Mewtwo Strikes Back...Maybe I've never seen the uncut version...

In the manga, the reason Mewtwo is human shaped is because in order to complete the clone, Blaine injected some of his own DNA because they didn't have enough of Mew's...

Didn't Fuji die pre-Gold/Silver?...

Edit: Okay, I don't know where I got that last bit from, but I was wrong...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    You see how you had to explain that Dr. Fuji and Mr. Fuji are two different characters?...

Games and Anime/Movies aren't canonical with each other...It's not necessarily that the characters are different, but that the universes aren't...Similar to how Red isn't Ash but is based on Ash, and even the Ash in Yellow isn't anime Ash...A lot of times, the differences are subtle, other times, they're drastically different...

That said, always loved the darker side of pokemon when it is apparent...But nope, I didn't remember a lot of what you said from Mewtwo Strikes Back...Maybe I've never seen the uncut version...

In the manga, the reason Mewtwo is human shaped is because in order to complete the clone, Blaine injected some of his own DNA because they didn't have enough of Mew's...

Didn't Fuji die pre-Gold/Silver?...

Edit: Okay, I don't know where I got that last bit from, but I was wrong...

I see your point, you're suggesting me that they are different depictions of the same person in parallel storylines. In fact I can't remember any appaerence of Mr.Fuji in the "main anime" (except in the movie)

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • I see your point, you're suggesting me that they are different depictions of the same person in parallel storylines. In fact I can't remember any appaerence of Mr.Fuji in the "main anime" (except in the movie)

Yeah!...I do believe that Dr. and Mr. Fuji are based off the same character for a similar reason...We don't really know the backstory of in-game Fuji...That said, I believe they are probably based on the same character or Dr. Fuji is a descendant of that character, because most of the games and show characters that are named show up at some point, and I believe you're correct that there wasn't a Mr. Fuji in the anime...

Back