• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Problems with MrDs' patch

Years
  • So hi. Someone may remember me because of..nothing. Just joking.

btw.

I want to do a Fire Red hack(Emerald just keep corrupting randomly so rip). I'm trying to use the MrDs patch(okay, not, I'm actually try to using the artificial RED one, but that's based on MrDs. I have this problem on all MrDs "based"-patches.)..

It just keep corrupting all the text. Ok - I have to change it, but it's still very annoying as it corrupt es. map names too and you can't understand what map it is.
    Like, "Pallet Town"becoming "bar Island", or "Bulbasaur" becoming "tapod", "Pidgey" becoming "pichu", etc.

It's very annoying. I've tried with like 5 different FR roms, and I keep getting this bug.

Does somebody know why it happens and how to fix it?

thanks.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    What else did you have applied to the ROM? Did you have data where the Dollsteak patch repoints data (think it's 0x900000 or something)?

Also, just a note that it might be a problem more with the other patches you're trying to use and not the MrDS patch.

Back