• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolution madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Nintendo and Game freaks keep trying to comeup with new cool, interesting and strategic ways. You need to evolve pokemon. Stones held while trading, Lvl up in areas, Burmy lvl up, so on. I myself have had some interesting evolution ideas. I am going to say a couple of mine, and I would like to know if you all have any yourselves.

This is sort of like the Mantyke to Mantine evolution, but more encompassing.
    The Pokemon Exeggcute, I actually like. Weak version of Celebi lol. But my idea is this, baby forms of the eggs, which you need to collect, then once one fo them lvl up, they all merge. What would be the point of this you may ask. Well, how many eggs are there in exeggcute? 6 right. Ok, so that would takeup the whole roster. BUT, how many natures are there. 24. Now say each one of the eggs has a possibility to become one of the natures, so they would learn entirely different learn sets, but only to like lvl 15, maybe something at 50+ for the truly hardcore.

This could even further be interesting if say you added in, a Togepi (like in the movie) But let it evolve. OR, let them evolve with an EGG you bred. Which could give them a random move from that egg. IE this could be a special Egg move set.

So like, I have 5 Braineggs (name I madeup for the baby exeggcute), and an egg from say Sceptile, what has Leaf Blade. Then at evolution into Exeggcute, it has Leaf Blade.

If needed a new item called "The Nest" would be put in, and then put unto one of the Braineggs, and that one upon lvl up is the determining merger.

Another idea is for Pinsir, the overlook underappreciated Bug pokemon. Give him a Dragon Evolution! Take him to the Dragon's graveyard (madeup place for another gen area) And has Dragon Rage. (yeah that would be letting him be able to learn it) Maybe even WITH revenge. Idk. But then upon lvl up there, he would become a Bug/Dragon type! Now tell me that wouldnt be cool, and no lieing.

My last Idea is for one of my favorite pokemon Shuckle. He has insane defense, and spec def. But with a supreme lack of attack of any kind, and HP even more so lacking. He needs to be updated. Thusly I was thinking since he used to make Berry Juice, give him a special berry, Mal Berry, let Shuckle make juice again. When Shuckle levels up with the mal berry juice. He becomes a Bug/Dark type. And maybe reverse the stat ups. Attack and spec attack, as well as HP go up as fast as Defenses did. Speed doesnt change. Put some spikes on his shell, and make the color of the bug itself purple. To denote the absorbtion of the Mal Berry juice.

I had another idea for Shuckle, same as above but with the aspear berry... which turns him into a Bug/ICE! type. w00t that could be fun.

So what are all of your ideas? Please do comment upon mine as well. ^^

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • for Pinsir I think they should have still made him a Fighting/Bug type or given him an evolution of a Bug/Fighting type. I dont see how it will ever be a Dragon/Bug evo of a Pinsir

:t354:TG

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Meh, I don't like ANY of those ideas, too complex

Yeah thats kinda the idea, so that advanced players have something to do, beyond beating the game before the new game smell wears.

Surprised no one has any ideas doe evolutions. Hmm.. strange, figured most pokefans were more creative than that. Come on people! leave some ideas! ^^

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Pokemon needs some more complexity. Shedinja, is a seemingly complex pokemon, for the simple fact that if you don't know how to get him then you gotta lvl another Nincada. Probopass, Magnezone, heck if getting some pokemon like Rotom, and Spiritomb. Than evolutions should be more involved.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Nyu, I don't mind fresh evolution methods but these are just plain silly.

The Exeggcute thing is just a big can of worms if I ever saw one. So when it evolves, what pokémon's nature does it get? Which one's IVs and EVs? What about the moves? And for these so-called 'special' egg moves (not getting into the fact that it would be giving Exeggutor a movepool equal to Smeargle's, which would already be pretty broken): what existing move would be lost if the pokémon also has four? And finally, who in their right mind would go through the bother of training a pokémon like that? (A six-for-one trade is seriously not worth the bother, unless you're counting on the broken-beyond-remorse 'special egg move' system). That Leaf Blade example also makes no sense; how the flip can you justify Exeggutor using that move when it has no feasible way to slash anything with its leaves? (Note that this attack is not the same as Razor Leaf; the pokémon is actually supposed to make physical contact and not just shoot them at the opponent) x_O

As for Pinsir...I've long been pining for a Bug/Dragon, but I can't for the life of me see why a beetle would undergo such a transformation. The Remoraid to Octillery evolution was random enough for me, thank you very much. Plus, Dragon Rage in the movepool would make no sense whatsoever. xP I'd sooner like to see the Bug/Dragon as a spin-off evo from Trapinch or a pokémon species of its own (A Bug/Dragon legendary would be a refreshing change).

Concerning Shuckle...sorry, but that would call for a complete revamp of the level up system. When a pokémon evolves the statline immediately adjusts to the base stats of the evolved form. The stats aren't determined by a system of 'this pokémon develops this much of a stat per level' but by the combination of base stats, EVs, and IVs (Which will determine the final score it will have in each stat). The stats gained on each level up are then adjusted so that the end result in each stat will be the pre-determined value. Also, I see no reason to make Shuckle a heavy attacker; better HP and a better type combination are all it needs to be competitive.

Overall, I really don't see any need for additional evolution methods seeing as how D/P brought plenty on that front. The only (not ridiculously complex) one I can come up with at the moment would be a set of evos for Castform (one for each of its forms) perhaps with weather-inducing traits (Drought, Drizzle, etc.) to match, sort of a transition from adapting to the weather to making the weather adapt to it. The evolution would be determined at a certain level but would only occur if the corresponding weather effect was active when it leveled. Beyond that, I think that the feasible options have been pretty much exhausted. :3

How to say...I think evolution should be a bit more than just a nonsensical and seemingly random leap from one thing to the other. If you're going to make it a bug/dragon then at least pick a bug with a bit more in the way of draconic traits.

Last edited:

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Wow, ok note to self, next time don't ask opinions in a thread thats supposed to be about evolutionary ideas. And NOT about ragging on the ones that only I have. Sadly not a ONE of you even gave an idea for evolutions, just said mine were to complicated, silly, or just broke them down. You know whatever, if no one has an original idea on evolutions. This thread just needs to be closed. All that replied, you greatly sadden me in your shallow minded thinking about evolutions. Nintendo has been getting more and more advanced in their evolution ideas.

Mod Close this please. It's done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back