• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Single Types! Diary of the Century!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2005
    Hi, SailorLilith here. (Cyan for those who don't know my original name.)

For all those interested I'm starting a project where people will play Pokemon Sapphire or Ruby and use cheats to get their starter. Then continue the game with the starter's type (eg: Geodude as starter, Catch Onix, Catch Nosepass, etc...), and during the game write the diary about events and things that happen, a little bit like a story except in much less detail.

Example:

I started with Caterpie. It's first battle was against a Poochyena Lv3, it won easily. A battle with a Wurmple made it Lv6. Another Wurmple to Lv7. After that it evolved into Metapod. It started with Tackle and String Shot. It has also learnt Harden. I caught a Wurmple, barely. It was really strong. I'm now heading to Petalburg City.

Wurmple Lv4
    Brave
    Tackle
    String Shot
    Caught on Route 101
    No Ribbons

Metapod Lv7
    Docile
    Tackle
    String Shot
    Harden
    Caught on Route 101
    No Ribbons

End Example

Also, at the end of each post state the Pokemon's stats, if you can.

Information about contests will be appreciated. Also battles you had a really tough time with or Gym battles, please detail as much as possible.

After Gym Battles 1, 3, 5, and 7, one cheat will be allowed to catch a Kanto or Johto Pokemon that are not in Hoenn. Do not cheat for Hoenn Pokemon, do not cheat for legendaries.

Either use a cheat for a starter, start with a normal starter or start with a normal starter then discard it when a Pokemon of your chosen type is caught.

Cheats can be found on www.gamefaqs.com on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire's FAQ section, near the bottom.

Warning: Starter Pokemon can be whatever, as long as it evolves twice like Lotad or Dratini.

Please, everyone consider this, I worked really hard on the rules.

I'll be doing Grass Types.

If anyone else wants to do Grass Types as well, they are welcome to.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • There was something like this on Serebii except that you're not allowed to use any cheat device, only trade to evolve Pokemon or get ones not in your versions but only in the place where they'd appear (for example if you were doing Poison and had Ruby but wanted Seviper on the team, you can trade it from Sapphire only after you reach Fallarbor town because it appears near there). And you are also limited to the one set of tm's.

I've done it before with Grass, Dark, and Fighting. Flannery was tough for the Grass team obviously, but the Fighting team had little trouble with Mossdeep's gym, to my surprise.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2005
    Heh.

I would just make hacks for all the different types... but I'm not R/Siliterate...

And I can't be bothered...

I'll be starting my game after I go to the dentist (it's 3:00 now... have to be there in 15 minutes).

Bye for now.

SailorLilith, AKA: Cyan.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Flannery cannot possibly be tough at all... It's pure sadness how Sceptile failed to OHKO one of her Slugmas with QA, and she unleashed Overheat as counter. Yay and a STAB Overheat only did up to yellow XD =p

I did a lot of this in GSC back when there's not that much games to play and when I have too much time on my hands... now there's so much I want to do yet so little time, that playing Pokemon ingame will be one of the last thing I do O.o;

MidnightScott

Dark Trainer
    Years
  • My Pok?mon was a Blaziken at Level 46 when I fought flannery. So it was a preety easy battle. I did not use any cheats though, I just trained my Pok?mon alot.

-Scott-

Back