• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

mad567

Pokemon Mirage Master
Years
  • Can u guys help me?I won a wii in a coompetition can u tell me first if it can play dvds and if i can download PBR via torent and play it on my wii?

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    yeh, as it has been said no it cannot play DvD's and despite the fact that it is possible to download PBR and put on a disc it is not advised as it is:
    1) illegal
    2) from what i know of it you have more chance of making your wii unplayable than been able to play copied games (had a few mates who tried it out on both there wii's) and nintendo will know you have been inside your wii and you wouldn't be able to get a replacement.
    3) this is nintendo if your not going to show them support by buying the games they produce then you should get rid of all you nintendo products NOW! :D

mad567

Pokemon Mirage Master
    Years
  • First of all U se i live in Greece so we don't have dollars
    secondly It's not illigal
    and i think i'm gonna wait until the game released in Greece thanks for ur replies

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Just don't ever try it. If you want to get a copy early try ebay (but I don't think you will be able to connect on wifi with a different version in your country)

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2007
    First of all U se i live in Greece so we don't have dollars
    secondly It's not illigal
    and i think i'm gonna wait until the game released in Greece thanks for ur replies
    Just stop posting rofl. Don't be cheap, go buy the damn game when it comes out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    You'd have to hack the Wii, with a chip. I know someone who did that, but if you do, you can't connect to the internet or download updates, and it's illegal. Plus, it's only $50.

That's not entirely true. Chipped/hacked/modded Wii users can still connect to the Internet and download updates, heck even download VC games or Wii Channels.

There is, however, a higher chance of your Wii not working due to the fact that Nintendo is raising awareness of the consequences of these chips, and therefore releasing updates which, on the detection of such a modification, will stop the Wii from working.

But back on topic, yeah it IS illegal.

Back