• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Okay..

Sora_8920

Years
  • Age 34
  • She/Her
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I'm in the making of a Flygon. (Curse you, MidnightWinged, I couldn't use Trapinch because of the Tourney)

And.. Here's what I have so far, It's a Tankish Set, keep that in mind.

252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 HP for the EV's. Adamant Nature. Choice Band. And I'm still trying to make room for roost.. But have good type coverage and a lot of other stuff...

Earthquake / Fire Punch / Dragon Claw. At this rate, I could have roost.. But I want good type coverage, and perhaps Stone Edge for EarthSlide.. Edit: I decided to go for Roost.... Edit: II forgot I Choice Band on it. x.X Replaced it with Stone Edge.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
Flygon @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Flygon can't really tank very well unless you pump in more HP EVs, and even then the CBer is the best really. CBed EQ hurts a lot of stuff.

SpaceMuffin

Intergalactic Joy
Years
Flygon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SDef) / Naive (+Spd, -SDef)
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw

Life Orb is a very strong item choice. It gives a 1.3x boost to its attacks, making Flygon a fairly respectable offensive threat.

Earthquake and Dragon Claw are two strong moves, and with the backing of STAB and Life Orb, they can deal out a fairly sizable chunk of damage.

Fire Blast / Flamethrower deals with the only two Pokémon that resist the Dragon-Ground combination, Bronzong and Skarmory, and in general it's a good attack anyway.

Roost helps Flygon with its defensive duties and it helps off-set the 10% 'recoil' from Life Orb.

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
Im posting a mixed set

Flygon-Choice Scarf
Hasty/Naive-252 Speed, 140 SpAtk, 116 Atk
Earth Power/Earthquake
Fire Blast/Flamethrower
Dragon Claw/Draco Meteor
Stone Edge/Crunch

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
if its a tank you need more hp evs because ice beamers and weaville will obliterate it. anit-pops set is good.

Anti

return of the king
Years
if its a tank you need more hp evs because ice beamers and weaville will obliterate it. anit-pops set is good.

Um, wha? Who would

1) Switch weavfile into a flygon
2) Keep Flygon in against a weavile if it successfully switched in

?

That's exactly why it can't tank. that and the fact Mence has just as good of defenses. sad but true.

Back