• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kip-kip's Art

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I had another thread but I hadn't had time to draw lately and now it's too far back. This time I drew a new person, it's attached. I also drew this head about a month ago. I never got around to finish his body. :\
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/8180901/
    I would color both of them but Linux won't let me install Gimp so now I have to wait until I get Fedora to install Gimp which should be soon. :classic: If you have no idea what I just said, don't worry. I hope this thread doesn't go away too.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • Lemme guess, baka-neko.com LOL! Anyway, I notice haracters form tutorials from htd books so dont mind me XD;;

The clothes look too glued. Try to add wrinkles and add imprefections. Also dont make it look like they havent been ironed in five million years eather.

For chibbi proportions the legs should be a tad bit longer but i have major favoritism for chibbi styles. But one main thing is the neck is too long. Lastly the face shape seems indefinate Be final with it. Really show it

I like the eyes and expression. YOur handwriting is really pretty too =3

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    PichuSecretBase said:
    Lemme guess, baka-neko.com LOL! Anyway, I notice haracters form tutorials from htd books so dont mind me XD;;

The clothes look too glued. Try to add wrinkles and add imprefections. Also dont make it look like they havent been ironed in five million years eather.

For chibbi proportions the legs should be a tad bit longer but i have major favoritism for chibbi styles. But one main thing is the neck is too long. Lastly the face shape seems indefinate Be final with it. Really show it

I like the eyes and expression. YOur handwriting is really pretty too =3
    Yeah, I followed the tutorial at BakaNeko. Of fact, I have it bookmarked. Man, I was going to the five million years thing too. :laugh: This is my first time doing this. In fact, this might be only thing I did that looked close to anime. I'll try to make the improvments and thanks for the complament (sp) on my handwriting. :classic:

Last edited:

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • I like it as well! For a first pic, it came out quite well! Some suggestion for you though...and you may have seen them on other artists' threads!

Try sitting in front of a mirror to see how the body moves, and what it looks like sitting down, standing, etc. Also, drawing one sheet of just hands, feet, or other problem areas can really help to perfect your style! Lastly, give a lot of thought and attention to the face of the character. You did a really nice job with the character's expression in your above drawing, but just make sure the face itself is a little more definite, like PichusSecretBase said.

A very well done first piccy though! Don't get me wrong! Keep it up!!

Back