• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
  • It was stated by the Site Administrators that we repost threads created by members no longer active in our particular forums:

This is a thread where you can ask any question that doesn't belong in it's own thread. For example IV/EV Questions, how does this attack work, etc.

Originally posted by Lord Mike.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Lord Mike is still around ya know :P

Anyways, I have a question (n00b question, score!) that I need answered. How much more exactly does pursuit do if a pokemon is switching out? I think double, but I've never really been sure and since I'm using a metagross with it I figure I'd ask.

Also, what in the world is toxicroak's typing? I couldn't find it anywhere ._.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Hm. Sorry bout that.

But I have an interesting Q. I coulda SWORN that Steel was weak to Electric. Did they change this in 3rd gen?

I don't fully understand the question, but I DO know that in both 4th and 3rd gen electric does neutral damage to steel. I don't know about 2nd gen, if that's what you mean.

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
  • Yanmega@ wiseglasses
    EVs: 252spd/ 252spatk/ 6hp
    Trait: Speed boost
    Hasty
    -Detect/ Protect
    -Air slash
    -Bug buzz
    -Hypnosis

After one Protect would this outrun standard Mence, Weavile, and common leads?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2007
    Hi all, I have some questions regarding pokemon stats that I cannot seem to find on the net.

First of all, would it be better if i chapter a lvl 20 abra and have it evolve to allakhazam or a lvl 16 kadabra and have it evolve? would the abra miss 4 levels of superior stat growth or does it not matter when the pokemon evolves? Does capturing a pokemon at a higher level (considering that you leave room for the EV apply upon level up) effect stats?

Secondly, in combat, when pokemon work together to defeat an opponent and the exp splits, does the the same amount of EV go to each pokemon exp. share or does the predetermine amount of EV split evenly?

And finally... i forgot my third question... XD, but thanks in advance!

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
  • Hi all, I have some questions regarding pokemon stats that I cannot seem to find on the net.

First of all, would it be better if i chapter a lvl 20 abra and have it evolve to allakhazam or a lvl 16 kadabra and have it evolve? would the abra miss 4 levels of superior stat growth or does it not matter when the pokemon evolves? Does capturing a pokemon at a higher level (considering that you leave room for the EV apply upon level up) effect stats?

Secondly, in combat, when pokemon work together to defeat an opponent and the exp splits, does the the same amount of EV go to each pokemon exp. share or does the predetermine amount of EV split evenly?

And finally... i forgot my third question... XD, but thanks in advance!

1. No it shouldn't.
    2. Yes the one with exp.share gets 1.5 more

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • to answer Sim's question and seconding Anti; Steel has never been weak to Electric, but Steel attacks are not very effective vs. Electric.

To Ultranerd: Modest + Speed Boost with max speed EVs is efficient enough to be quicker than any other pokemon I believe. However, you'll need some really good speed IVs as well (like 20+ to ensure you're quicker.)

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • I have a question.

I'm trying to breed a Pokemon with an egg move but the male parent with the egg move is only on level 10. When I shove him in the daycare he's going to level up and forgot his egg move. Provided that the male parent hasn't come out of the daycare since it forgot the move, will the baby Pokemon still know the egg move even after the male parent has forgotten it?

I hope that made sense.

EDIT:
    what is focus blast? and it's effect

Focus Blast is a fighting type Special move with base power 120, accuracy 70 and 5PP. There is a 10% chance that the foe's special defense is lowered when you use this move.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • If you don't want its move to get deleted, then don't put the move you want to keep in the first slot. The move in the first slot is always lost.

[MOVE1][MOVE2]
    [MOVE3][MOVE4]

always put the move you want to keep in the last slot. [four]

Edit: btw, if he gets to be lord mike, then I'm going to be king mike, or even lord of lord mike !!! =DDD

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    yes becuase when i breeded my forretress he forgot all of his tm's at level 50 (when i took him out) and i hacted all the eggs and they all had the tm's

and then focus blast is too over powered don't you think?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Focus Blast's power is downed by a bad Accuracy and low pp. Almost all moves with 120 power have a mediocre accuracy stat. [fireblast, hydropump, blizzard, thunder, etc]

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
    Years
  • I have a question.

I'm trying to breed a Pokemon with an egg move but the male parent with the egg move is only on level 10. When I shove him in the daycare he's going to level up and forgot his egg move. Provided that the male parent hasn't come out of the daycare since it forgot the move, will the baby Pokemon still know the egg move even after the male parent has forgotten it?

I hope that made sense.

EDIT:

Focus Blast is a fighting type Special move with base power 120, accuracy 70 and 5PP. There is a 10% chance that the foe's special defense is lowered when you use this move.

Lol, I get your question. As long as you do not remove the Pokémon from the daycare it will just pass down the moves it knows when you put the Pokémon in the daycare. Although, that's the case in 3rd Gen, I'm not sure about 4th Gen.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • yes becuase when i breeded my forretress he forgot all of his tm's at level 50 (when i took him out) and i hacted all the eggs and they all had the tm's

and then focus blast is too over powered don't you think?

OK cool, thanks =D

Focus Blast's power is downed by a bad Accuracy and low pp. Almost all moves with 120 power have a mediocre accuracy stat. [fireblast, hydropump, blizzard, thunder, etc]

Yeah, which is why I hate them. I hate taking risks because every time I do something goes wrong. I'm not being pessimistic or anything but that is what all my evidence shows XD I never use Fire Blast unless it's absolutely neccessary cos most of the time it misses. Once it missed 2 out of 2 times in a battle I did. It screwed everything up and nearly caused me to lose >.<

Lol, I get your question. As long as you do not remove the Pokémon from the daycare it will just pass down the moves it knows when you put the Pokémon in the daycare. Although, that's the case in 3rd Gen, I'm not sure about 4th Gen.

Ahh OK then, thanks =D

If you don't want its move to get deleted, then don't put the move you want to keep in the first slot. The move in the first slot is always lost.

[MOVE1][MOVE2]
    [MOVE3][MOVE4]

always put the move you want to keep in the last slot. [four]

Edit: btw, if he gets to be lord mike, then I'm going to be king mike, or even lord of lord mike !!! =DDD

I see what you mean, but I know it's going to be around lv.70 or 80 when I take it out XD It usually takes about that long to breed a decent Pokemon. That's why I don't have many Pokemon XD

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    what iss the highest trainer title you can get in pbr9l ike can you get colluseum leader?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back