• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does having the bad-guys kill help the story?

Ult.Strike.

'Life is tough, get a helmet!'
Years
  • In my, fic story, the evil villain has already killed a Budew, I'm thinking of having it kill again, does this affect the feeling of the readers?
    Let me know.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Depends on how it's carried out, I think. Death's a pretty heavy subject, so generally, it either adds atmosphere or emphasizes something important about the plot or characters -- especially the plot. In short, you don't want to get too cliche and do it just because the villain is a villain. There's got to be a motive or a reason for the death that contributes to the story. (That is, death itself isn't an element to add to a story. It should be a vital component to it.)

So, if it's necessary to the story or to understand the way the villain's mind work, then I really don't think you'll have a problem having said villain go out and kill again.

At least, that's how I feel about character death.

Back