• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Savage Night (FFC, birth)

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    My first submission to the FFC. I might redo this later if it doesn't come-off right. Well here it is, A Savage Night.

A green flash of light exploded into the night sky, it's bright aura illuminating the scene. The eyes of onlookers could only see green-colored objects floating around the air, as if by magic. Screams of terrified villagers came from the valley below. From those cries of fright came a deafening roar, a roar so loud, so horrific, so… evil, that even the cruelest of dictators would fall to their knees at the sound. This roar awoke all that heard it and made their bones shake, their beds tremble, and their hearts break instantly. This roar was the alarm of what was about to come.

Inside the town, people scrambled out of the houses and out into the streets, their eyes now as wide as the full moon overhead as they could see the being that created the sound of evil. This creature was so menacing that most who looked upon it fainted right their on the cobblestone road.

The creature gave another loud roar and started a rampage through town, destroying businesses, crops, homes, and lives. Its devilish glare paralyzing all who look into it, knowing that it will be the last thing they ever see. Beams of white light emerged from the being's mouth, causing even more destruction. Flames engulfed the area and burned it to the ground, leaving absolutely nothing. The once prosperous town was now no more.

The vile creature continued onward towards the next village, creating a huge path of total chaos in its wake. More heart stopping roars pierced the crippled night… no one knew for sure if it would ever stop.

A lab on a hillside near the outskirts of town also lay in ruins. One of its sidewalls was completely torn off, with shards of glass and mounds of bricks everywhere on the vast lawn.

Inside of the facility were two men, one of them being a scientist at the lab. They scanned the area with terrified expression in which the monster had come from, a glass chamber with a biohazard sign on the cover reading 'DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OPEN THIS DOOR'.

After a few moments, one of them managed to speak…

"Well, this was a failure, a complete failure! All those months of hard work gone in a matter of minutes… why?"

"This is something we should have NEVER tried to do… why did you go through with it? You knew the consequences of an early release! People's LIVES were at stake…"

"I didn't know what would happen! The studies and data proved that the project was best for humanity… nothing could have gone wrong! This creature was made to try and help everyone by protecting the region and all of its inhabitants. It was a protector… not a killer."

"Protector my ass! Have you even SEEN what this monster has done to those people out there?"

"Yes I have, and it's unfortunate, but this project was just a prototype for what's to come. Bigger, better, stronger beings capable of understanding every aspect of life! Do you understand what this means?!"

"No, NO! You are NOT going to do this again! You are accountable for every death that has occurred tonight. Every single one of those townsfolk want you dead after this mess… the mess that YOU caused!"

"Don't pin the blame on me man, it wasn't my idea to start this project in the first place… but it was a good idea to go with. Everyone knew the risks…"

"It doesn't matter who started it. All that does matter is that you unleashed a thousand terrors on the land… a deed that can't go unpunished. I'm sorry Rick."

"Hey what's…"

The man pulled out a pistol and shot the scientist directly in the heart. A few moments later and the scientist's body fell limp on the broken floor of the laboratory, his white lab coat now stained with his own blood. The one who was responsible for bringing in an artificial being to life was now dead. He could cause no more harm.

The man surveyed the area for any witnesses… then took off without a sound. No one would ever know, or care that a mass murderer was dead, but his work still haunted the town.

The unlucky villagers who some how managed to survive the onslaught of the beast had nothing to live for. They had no food, water, no homes, jobs… nothing. Forever they would suffer together, no one able to help. They were the dying few…

As the valley lay in ruins with no sign of life, one could only think, 'How could you even attempt to clone something. Something as complicated, something as sacred… as birth?"

Back