• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON HOF Artists needed

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi, everyone. I'm the maker of Pokemon Hall Of Fame version. It's a game featuring all the regions appeared in Pokemon Video games and animes. This game is currently going well and I already released the version 1.1 two days ago. You can check this thread for detailed information of my game:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137545

However, there's still a serious issue with this game ---- The graphics are still far away from perfect. Therefore, I do need helps to make it better visually. The staffs I need are:

1. Character, trainer and Pokemon spriter: This is what I need badly. I know nothing about how to make sprite by myself and I'd appreciate it very much if someone can help.

2. Animation maker: I also don't know how to make Pokemon Move animations and It would be great if someone can help me out. I got this website and the pictures can be captured here:
pkmnfrlg_effects.png

3. D/P style Graphic maker: I'd like to change the pics and word font similar to what appear in Pokemon D/P. It would be nice if the battle scene is made similar to D/P as well.
pkmndp.png

Have a good day, everyone. Hope you'll be interested in my project and help me with the problems I'm currently having.

Last edited:

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Darn it! I'm making a game with all the regions in the original games(besides Ranger and the Console games) and the orange Islands too! I'd be happy to help with the trainer and Pokemon spriting... And I would also need help with my game. Maybe we could do a trade?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Darn it! I'm making a game with all the regions in the original games(besides Ranger and the Console games) and the orange Islands too! I'd be happy to help with the trainer and Pokemon spriting... And I would also need help with my game. Maybe we could do a trade?

A trade? Can you give more descriptions?

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
I could do some Fakemon spriting and in exchange you could help me with the scripting and event creating in my game made out of Poccil's RMXP starter kit. Now before you go off thinking that I'm some kind of n00b, remember this: I'm not. I know a good bit about scripting with Poccil's starter kit, but not all of it. I also know about events. I just need to set up all the events in my maps and the new storyline in my game. Other than that, I've got everything covered.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I could do some Fakemon spriting and in exchange you could help me with the scripting and event creating in my game made out of Poccil's RMXP starter kit. Now before you go off thinking that I'm some kind of n00b, remember this: I'm not. I know a good bit about scripting with Poccil's starter kit, but not all of it. I also know about events. I just need to set up all the events in my maps and the new storyline in my game. Other than that, I've got everything covered.

It does sound like a fair deal. So tell me what events you want to create in your game so I'll see whether I can help you out. Btw, I do need character sprites and Trainer Sprite so it would be nice if you'd like to give me a hand on that.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Well what I'm doing is making all the regions in my game, like you are. However I will give it a twist: Your Region depends on your character. I've got the basic storyline set up, but I need help with the Sinnoh region. So I'm going to need anyone who has played Diamond or Pearl to set up that region. I can do the rest from there. Now each character has their own storyline. If you pick to be a boy you can pick to start off in Johto or Kanto. If you pick to be a girl you can start off in Hoenn or Sinnoh. I know it's limitted choices, but I don't know how to add more characters(if it's possible). I'm using Pocccil's starter kit so everything basic is already set up except a few minor things(i.e. fishing). So all I really need help with event-wise is the events in Sinnoh. Other than that I'm all set. Whaddya say?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Well what I'm doing is making all the regions in my game, like you are. However I will give it a twist: Your Region depends on your character. I've got the basic storyline set up, but I need help with the Sinnoh region. So I'm going to need anyone who has played Diamond or Pearl to set up that region. I can do the rest from there. Now each character has their own storyline. If you pick to be a boy you can pick to start off in Johto or Kanto. If you pick to be a girl you can start off in Hoenn or Sinnoh. I know it's limitted choices, but I don't know how to add more characters(if it's possible). I'm using Pocccil's starter kit so everything basic is already set up except a few minor things(i.e. fishing). So all I really need help with event-wise is the events in Sinnoh. Other than that I'm all set. Whaddya say?

You don't know how to add more characters? Well, tell me how many characters you need in your game first

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
I mean protaganist characters, y'know the playable characters. I need more than four. Two for each region, like the gender system.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I mean protaganist characters, y'know the playable characters. I need more than four. Two for each region, like the gender system.

I see. You might have to ask poccil to enable more characters to be chosen so that you can appoint each of them to be in different region. Btw, can you please tell me why it's important to have a person who had played Pokemon D/P to make the maps and events for you? Do you want the event to be similar or partially the same with what happens in D/P?

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Well I guess I can do the events and maps for D/P. But I do want some aspects to be different. For example I want stuff like the event that lets you go to New Moon Island to catch Drakrai be put ingame. And make it so that Palkia and Dailga are obtainable in one game(Which I think they will bbe in Platinum.) So yeah I can do some of the D/P stuff. And I already know how to appoint them to different regions. I just need to make more characters.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Well, just as I expected, this thread doesn't work at all by now. Maybe I have to work more to get my game appreciated so that people would give me a hand on improving the artworks. I'll be right back on this project soon and I'm thinking about implementing D/P moves in the next release. Have a nice day everyone.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
I could do pixel art in the form of Pokemon and character sprites.

To avoid complications and unneeded hassle, you could get rid of shiny Pokemon. That will halve the amount of hard drive space you need for your Pokemon and shinies aren't that useful anyway.

This sounds like a good project but unless you want to go above and beyond like Pokemon the Lost World (which I don't think you should because of the enormous amount of work involved), you should try to keep it simple and fun. That means you should try to keep things as simple as possible while providing the players with a lot of things to do and an overall a good gaming experience.

I actually made my own custom national dex with a few Fakemon. I did this because I got sick of Nintendo's order where you have to go from 2nd generation Elekid to 1st generation Electabuzz to 4th generation Electivire. Actually, I got rid of a lot of the superfluous additions like Tangrowth and Electivire and replaced them with better looking fakemon. I think Nintendo's out of good ideas for new Pokemon; designs just sort of went downhill after Johto.

I've played around with a lot of Pokemon tools but I never actually made a game because I know it would never get finished. Instead I'd like to help out other people make their games better and hopefully I'll be part of a team that eventually finishes a game. I mean, too many great ideas just get thrown out and I for one am sick of it.

It looks like Hall of Fame will be a good alternative to the Lost World.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I could do pixel art in the form of Pokemon and character sprites.

To avoid complications and unneeded hassle, you could get rid of shiny Pokemon. That will halve the amount of hard drive space you need for your Pokemon and shinies aren't that useful anyway.

This sounds like a good project but unless you want to go above and beyond like Pokemon the Lost World (which I don't think you should because of the enormous amount of work involved), you should try to keep it simple and fun. That means you should try to keep things as simple as possible while providing the players with a lot of things to do and an overall a good gaming experience.

I actually made my own custom national dex with a few Fakemon. I did this because I got sick of Nintendo's order where you have to go from 2nd generation Elekid to 1st generation Electabuzz to 4th generation Electivire. Actually, I got rid of a lot of the superfluous additions like Tangrowth and Electivire and replaced them with better looking fakemon. I think Nintendo's out of good ideas for new Pokemon; designs just sort of went downhill after Johto.

I've played around with a lot of Pokemon tools but I never actually made a game because I know it would never get finished. Instead I'd like to help out other people make their games better and hopefully I'll be part of a team that eventually finishes a game. I mean, too many great ideas just get thrown out and I for one am sick of it.

It looks like Hall of Fame will be a good alternative to the Lost World.

I know what you mean by this. I don't intend to make this game to be such a huge project like Pokemon the Lost World unless I can get many many helpers. Instead, I'm thinking about finishing scripting the game storyline and maps first and fix the grpahic issues and bugs during this process or even later. I know I need to make people observe the potential of this game so it will have more support and helps from this forum. In this way, the game can be made better and better and truly become a good fan game.

Besides, I'd really appreciate it very much if you can help with the character and trainer sprites since it's fairly important for my game's visual effect. I do think it's a good idea to add more types of Pokedex like the way you see in Pokemon GSC (In Pokemon GSC there're two kinds of Pokedex, one listed by Pokemon No., another by the relationship of Evolution). However, I don't think it's really necessary to add Fakemons unless a brand new region is made. Thank you for your interest in Pokemon HOF, have a good day!

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Okay, I see. I just acquired some sprites for Pokemon D/P and please contact me if you want those graphics. In return, I'm requesting some D/P style artworks like Textbox, bad screens and so on. Please see the attachment below to take a view on those sprites. I hope someone will be interested in this deal.

1. Pokemon Sprites: I currently have the Generation I Pokemon sprites edited into RMXP format. PM me if you're in need of Pokemon sprites:
001.png
004.png
007.png

2. Pokemon back sprites: I currently have the Generation I Pokemon back sprites edited into RMXP format. PM me if you're in need of Pokemon sprites:
019_b.png
025_b.png

3. Character Sprites: I have almost all of the Character Sprites for Pokemon D/P so contact me if you want the Character Sprites:
Hero1.png
Heroine1.png
NPC53.png

4. Trainer Sprites: I have almost all of the Trainer Sprites for Pokemon D/P so contact me if you want the Trainer Sprites:
trainer003.png
trainer037.png
trainer068.png

5. Item Icons: I own some icons for D/P items as well. Pm me if you think it's necessary to have some of them:
item083.png
item012.png

6. Old School Pokemon Sprites: I accidentally discovered these special Pokemon Sprites. They're the sprites for Pokemon Green(JP Version) but looks much better than those in Pokemon Red/Blue(US Version). Contact me if you find it interesting:
003.png
006.png
009.png

Note: You may obtain those sprites from me if you're capable of helping me out with the graphic issue with my Pokemon fan game. Don't give the sprites to anybody else without my permission. Thanks.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
Okay I see. Since no one is interested in the deal I claimed so please ignore what I said before... :(
i WOULD BE INTERESTed BUT hof MANY PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE THOSE GRAPHICS AND THE ONES WHO DO TRY TO KEEP THEM.....
tHE bEST THING YOU CAN DO IS MAKE THEM yourself.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
i WOULD BE INTERESTed BUT hof MANY PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE THOSE GRAPHICS AND THE ONES WHO DO TRY TO KEEP THEM.....
tHE bEST THING YOU CAN DO IS MAKE THEM yourself.

It's good to know that there're still someone interested in the deal though. Well, I do hope I can be good at graphic making or editing but I'm simply not the material at all. After all, why should I take the time and trouble to post a help request thread in here if I can do all these by myself? I'm really confused and don't know what to do now...:disappoin

Back