• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sunlight

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Sunlight

Sunlight is the story of a girl named Orange, who is from Cinnabar Island. One day, she leaves Cinnabar to go to Pallet Town, to see the Professor. When she gets their, she?s interrupted by a rude girl, Purple, who is the granddaughter of Professor Oak. Upon coming to Pallet, she runs into an evil Organization, Team Rocket, of course, who is searching for clues on how to gather all three Legendary Birds in their possession again. Let?s take a look at Orange?s Journey through this wondrous land of Kanto.

Prologue ? Bienvenue

It was a very sunny day on Cinnabar Island. ?Cinnabar Island. The Island is home to more than 5000 people, it was also declared an active volcano. Most people on Cinnabar Island leave home to go see the Professors of the world when they reach certain ages, the others study in the Cinnabar Laboratory School. The Town was very small, and was able to support such a population. Everyone looked up to Blaine, the Mayor and Gym Leader of the Island, but he had a very dark past, my sources didn?t say what it was, but one day I want to find out. Thank you.? A young girl said, holding a paper labeled?Report on Cinnabar Island.
    Sunlight

?Very good, Orange! This work deserves an A+!? A Woman, her teacher declared. ?Really, do you think it?s that good?? The Young girl known as Orange replied. ?This is very good work, don?t you agree, class?? The teacher stated. ?Yes Miss Ruby.? The class replied monotonously. ?I thought it was good, anyway? The teacher went on. ?Orange, I think you?d be worthy of seeing the Professor! He just came back from Johto a few days ago, and is in his lab in Pallet Town. You should go see him soon.? The teacher demanded. ?How can I? I don?t know how I?ll ever get there, you know. Lately, my family has been going through major hardships, and I can barely pay tuition for schooling.? Orange replied to the Teacher. ?Well, I can help you out, all you have to do is take the boat to Pallet and you?re all set! It leaves tomorrow morning, Saturday, the Fifth.? Her teacher exclaimed. ?Although the boat isn?t free, I?m sure you can come up with the money since it?s a very meager price, If not?I could always help you pay it.? She offered. ?That would be wonderful, I really appreciate all this!? Orange gratifying stated. ?I just have to say something, though, if you plan on going to the Professor, that means that you?ll have to fulfill the requirements of a Pok?mon Trainer, and that means battling intimidating and terrifyingly strong trainers?I?m sure you can do it though, I have faith in you!? Her teacher supported her by saying.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>||<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Act I: Sunny Days, Sunny Ways?
    Can Orange carry out what she was planning to do without messing up?​

The morning light from the sun shone all over the island, bathing all the buildings in a wonderful glow. The sun just hung in the sky like a golden pok?ball sitting on top of a League Championship trophy. People were already up and ready on the Island, and the weather on the island was perfect. The sun shone brightly on the roofs of the houses of Cinnabar.

?Welcome to Pok?mon Talk! With Professor Oak?? A TV reporter finished saying on TV. ?Today we are going to interview Fuschia City?s newest Gym leader! Janine!? Professor Oak added. ?How are you doing today? The report included. ?I?m very good, thank you. Being a Gym Leader is harder than it looks, it?s a very fun profession, My father left the gym in my possession just a few years ago.? Janine said to Professor Oak.
    Sunlight

Orange turns her TV off, looking at the clock. ?5:58AM? she said, sighing and getting up. ?I really should hurry, the boat leaves at 6:30. If I?m late I?ll have to wait a whole week and I?m really not for that.? She continued. She opens her closet, and likely, her favorite color isn?t orange but Pink. She wears her long, orange hair straight, and sports a pink skirt with a white Clefairy printed track-jacket. She makes her way down the stairs of her small home, running out the door being stopped by a man with brown hair, who is tall, and holding something for our Orange.

?Hey kiddo, you?re all ready for this big day? The Man said to her. ?Ready as I?ll ever be, Dad.? Orange nervously said to her father. ?That?s great, do you want me to drive you to Cinnabar Pier? Or do you think you can make it there, because if you think you?re gunna be late, let me just drive you.? Her father offered. ?No, No, I think I?ll be just fine, I need a little fresh air anyway, I?ll see you soon Dad.? She said as if in a hurry, kissing her father on the cheek and making her way out the door.

?Well? I really have to be there so I should just run!? She said, running down towards the cape, but again, being stopped by someone. ?Orange! You weren?t even going to say bye to me, huh?? A Girl with eyes as blue as the sea and hair as gold as the sun hanging over Cinnabar. ?Diamond, I was just going to go see you, really I was!? She said, quickly trying to make her way to the pier. ?Uh-huh, sure, I just wanted to give you this before you left!? Diamond said, flipping her hair and handing something, a small blue wristwatch-like device. ?You see, that there is the 2005 Model of the Pok?mon Gear! They brought it back since the older models seemed to malfunction a lot.? She said giving her the advice. ?Awww, Orange I really hope you come back soon! How about a hug?? Diamond said, hugging her best friend. ?D (Orange?s special Nickname for Diamond) I?ll really be back before you know it! I promise!? Orange said consoling her friend. ?Thank you so much for everything, D, I?ll make sure to call you as soon as I get there! Now I have to go, I can?t afford to miss the boat!? Orange said running off, leaving her friend.
    Sunlight
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

?May I see your ticket, miss?? A man wearing a sailor outfit with red (like the color of cinnabar) trim. ?Here you go!? Orange said, handing the boarding pass to the sailor. ?Perfect, please, step right in, for we shall make our departure shortly. Thank you for sailing ?Le Cinnabar? please enjoy your passage.? The sailor said, directing her inside.
    Sunlight

As Orange walked on the walk to the ship, she looked at the ferry, a brand new, shining white boat, with large blue letters that read ?Le Cinnabar?, there were already people on the boat, socializing and looking over at the horizon. The gentle breeze of the sea caressed her face, as she looked down, seeing schools of Goldeen, and Seaking swimming.

?Please take your seats, for the ferry will discharge towards Pallet!? A man with a rugged beard said. Orange walks around after the captain say?s it?s all right to move. Peering through the windows, she sees many Water-Type Pok?mon, ready for catching, but then she also sees a black submarine, with a Red ?R? in the middle. ?I wonder what that could be?? She said, looking carefully through the window. She looks down at the sea, and sees three people in water-suits, taking Pok?mon by nets. ?I wonder what they are doing?? She said, looking at the people in uniform. The Three people scurry with the netted Pok?mon into the Submarine, and make their way. She then looks out through another window, and sees land. Pallet Town was a small town, being home to only a few hundred people, it was mainly famous for Professor Oak?s research lab, which was located at the end of town. ?Will everyone please take their seats once more and wait until our boat comes to a complete stop! Once this has been achieved, please exit to your right, thank you for choosing ?Le Cinnabar? Travels!? The Captain directed once more.
    Sunlight

As Orange made her exit, she looked over at the town, it seemed to be in the midst of a parade, and Professor Oak in the center, waving to the people of Pallet. ?Look there?s the professor!? a little girl said, running towards the crowd of people. ?Ahhh, the professor, I must see him! I should go to the lab and wait for him there.? Orange said to herself, looking around for a clear street to the lab. As Orange walked to the Lab, a rude girl bumped her into with Purple hair in a pony-tail. ?Hey! Watch where you?re going!? The girl meanly stated. ?Well, if you didn?t bump into me?? Orange replied. ?I don?t feel like fighting, really. My name?s Purple, glad to grace you.? Purple said, as if she was better than Orange. ?Mines is Orange, and I guess I?m also glad to make you?re acquaintance.? Orange replied, with a friendly look. ?Are you here to see Professor Oak?? Purpled asked.
    Sunlight

?Yes, actually I am, how about you?? Orange stated, with a haughty remark. ?Well, he?s my grandfather, of course I?d be here to see him. I?m from Fuschia City, but I came to Pallet because today the Professor is giving away Pok?mon to starting trainers, so I decided to come get one and see my grandfather at the same time.? Purple explained to Orange, ?Cool, I?m from Cinnabar Island, and I took the ferry to here so I could speak with the Professor?I had no idea he was giving Pok?mon to starting trainers?? Orange explained to Purple. ?Well, do you want to walk to my Grandfather?s lab?? Purple offered, holding out her hand. ?Sure, that would be great!? Orange said, shaking Purple?s hand.
    Sunlight

?So, like, how old are you?? Purple asked. ?I?m 14! How old are you?? Orange replied. ?I?m 14, too! That?s so freaky.? Purple answered back. ?What do you like to do for fun?? Orange asked, looking around at the scenery. ?Well?back in Fuschia, we had the Safari Zone, my Older Brother, Green always took me there, also, I?m a beach-brat so I would always go to Fuschia beach and watch the Surfing Contests!? Purple exclaimed. ?Wow, me too, on the beach thing I mean.? Orange replied.
    Sunlight

As the two took their walk, they went up a hill, and around a spiral staircase that led up to the Professor?s lab. In the moment that they stood at the door, an elderly man, with hair the color of off-white yelled to Purple. ?Purple-dearest!? He said. ?Grandfather!? Purple replied. ?How have you been, oh have you brought a friend along?? Oak replied to Purple, looking at Orange. ?Well, sorta, I just met her, Grandfather meet?? Purple said, but was interrupted by Orange. ?Orange! My name is Orange, and I?m from Cinnabar Island.? Orange rudely-but-innocently put in. ?Ahh Yes, you are the one Professor Ruby informed me about, how are you Orange.? Professor Oak explained. ?I?m fine thank you!? Orange replied. ?Why don?t you girls come in and we?ll pick the Pok?mon you both would like.? Professor Oak offered.

Sunlight
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

?Wow! There are so many Pok?balls in here, Professor what do you do with them all?? Orange asked. ?Well, I study them, thank you, it is quite a collection isn?t it? The most basic I have over on that table, lets go and see them.? The Professor pointed out, walking over to a table with three shiny brand new Pok?balls. ?I wonder what are in these Pok?balls?? Purple asked, looking over at the table. Underneath each of the Pok?balls was a data report of the Pok?mon. ?Orange, you can go first, please go ahead.? The professor offered.
    Sunlight

Orange walks over to the table, and picks up the Second Pok?ball. ?This one could be a very good choice, open it! Professor Oak said to her. ?Pok?ball Go!? Orange commanded as she threw the sphere to the floor, in a bright green light the shape to form and revealed to be a plant-animal combo, with a very charming look, it sported a bulb on its back. It looked around for a place to sit, and it finally called out? ?Bulbasaur!? ?Ohhh that?s so cute, I think I want this one!? Orange said to the Professor. ?Very well, this will be your very own Bulbasaur!? The Professor replied to Orange, handing her a Pok?ball like she had in her hand, but with a special green top. ?Purple, please proceed.? The Professor directed to Purple. ?Alright, then I want this one!? Purple said, going straight for the very first Pok?ball. ?Go on Purple, open it!? Her Grandfather commanded. ?Go! Pok?ball!? Purple exclaimed throwing the bright sphere down. In a fiery glow, the aura took its shape as a small lizard with a flare at the tip of its tail. It?s eyes were blue, and its skin was bright orange, it screamed out in a passion? ?Charmander!? ?Hey this is exactly what Green had when he left home, I like this Pok?mon!? Purple said. ?Well, you know why I have all three of these Pok?mon? Because they are the children of the Pok?mon the three great heroes of Pallet left home with a while ago!? Professor Oak explained. ?That?s wonderful, I can?t wait to show my father back in Cinnabar!? Orange replied. ?Well thank you both for stopping by, and I hope you both have a wonderful time with your brand new Pok?mon!? Professor Oak replied, looking at his watch. Orange makes her way out the lab, when she is stopped by Purple. ?Hey Orange, wanna check out my Pok?mon in a battle, I?m totally sure I won?t lose!? Purple replied. ?I thought you?d never ask!? Orange answered.
    Sunlight
    Sunlight

?Go! Charmander!? Purpled commanded. ?Go Bulbasaur!? Orange directed. They threw their Pok?balls down at the same exact time, and in a foggish mist, came out two creatures, ready for battle. ?Charmander! Scratch attack!? Purple demanded. The small lizard ran towards the plant-like animal baring only it?s claws, it pulled back and unleashed a super-charged scratch attack, damaging the Grass-Type Pok?mon. ?Two can play at that! Give it your Tackle, Bulbasaur!? Orange commanded. The Bulbasaur hurled itself towards the lizard, as it felled upon the creature, Charmander became dizzy and fell to the ground. ?Looks like I have the upper-hand in this battle, huh Purple?? Orange yelled out to purple. ?NO! Charmander?Tail Whip! Let?s see how your Bulbasaur fares when Charmander here lowers it?s defenses!? Purple replied back to Orange. The lizard shook its tail, while the Bulbasaur stared in awe its defenses fell. ?Bulbasaur don?t look at that tail!? Orange commanded to Bulbsaur. Bulbasaur stopped looking and awaited its next command. ?Give it another Tackle attack!? Orange demanded. Bulbasaur, once again threw its self towards the lizard, assuring the Charmander a complete knock-out. ?Aww man, Charmander, return!? Purple exclaimed, holding out the bright orange pok?ball. ?Good job, Bulbasuar, come on back!? Orange commanded.
    Sunlight

?Wait! I forgot to give you two the 2005 Models of the Pok?dex!? The professor said, handing them both small red devices. ?Please, both of you take care!? The Professor said, waving to both of the girls. ?Well, where are you bound to, Orange?? Purple asked Orange. ?I?m going to go back home, but first I have to call my father. What about you?? Orange replied. ?I?m going to find the first Pok?mon Gym here, I want to compete in the Pok?mon League.? Purple replied. ?That?s right! Now that I have a Pok?mon I can compete for badges and battle other trainers!? Orange said. ?See you soon, Orange, I have to get going.? Purple said. ?Bye Purple, see you really soon I hope!? Orange replied.
    Sunlight
    Purple walked to the north, while Orange went back south to the Ferry station.

Next Act: Wealth Beyond Measure (II)​
    What lies instore for Orange? Things can change so fast, but really, how fast can it change?​

[C] I made all these pictures, the story and everything else is 100% mines including ideas.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Good job, I like how u paragraphed but u may want to make a new paragraph everytime someones talking, but still, its good! :D

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
    I love the pictures you added, it's a nice change of pace. You're fanfic is really good, and I enjoyed the names you gave the characters. Diamond, Orange, and Purple are all names I would have never thought to use as Human names. (Probably because i know a cat who's name is Diamond, but that's another story...)

As has been stated, it's good to have a totally blank line between all paragraphs, including ones in dialogue.

Please keep up the good work!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Thank you both Kindly for your reviews ^_^ I only wanted to make the reading more enjoyable so I added pictures ^_^.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Cool story! You obviously took a lot of time on the pictures, love it!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Thank you all for you're lovely reviews, I'm working on the next chapter as we speak, and I'll do the pictures a little later.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Sorry for the double post and for not updating, I will be putting Act II up by tonight, if the pictures are done, and I'm currently writing Act III if that makes you a little happy. I know this fan-fic can't compare with anything The Great Oni writes but I'm trying ^_^;;.

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    VERY LIKELY that'll be why ;p I mean everyone have read act 1 already =)

Grammar corrections by Dizzy.

frostweaver said:
    VERY LIKELY that'll be why ;p I mean everyone has read Act I already =)

Has over Had. When addressing an Act, always use Roman Numerals. Act just belongs capitalized.

...I wasn't being too mean now was I?

Back