• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Epic Question: dogs, cats or beasts?

Whos ur favorite trio

• The Birds

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • The Dogs

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • The Regis

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • The psychics

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • I Dont like any of them

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    What do you think Entei, Raikou and Suicune are? I personally see a dog in Suicune, a cat in Raikou and either a beast or a dog in Entei. So, together are the legendary gerbils! :laugh: But seriously, what do you think Entei, Raikou and Suicune are? Dogs, cats or beasts?

I searched but didn't find anything. If you find something, just remember that I'm not good at searching.

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    They would have to be the beasts.
    Raikou is said to be something like a tiger.
    Entei looks like a lion.
    Suicune looks like a dog.

Thus niether cat or dog.
    Those names were created by fans.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2008
    Raikou definitely looks like a sabertooth'd tiger.

Suicune is very ambiguous-looking if you don't pay attention to its fanart. It could be a dog OR a cat. If it had a larger chest, it could even be a cheetah.

Entei looks like Davey Jones. =\

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    They are cats, but suicune was sometimes classified as a wolf. here is the list

Bulbapedia said:
    Raikou:

Raikou's appearance resembles the Tiger with its stripes and coat color. However due to its extremely long canine teeths, some suspect it is based on the extinct feline sabertooth tiger.

Entei:

It has aspects of several different animals, but most prominently it resembles a male lion.

Suicune:

Suicune resembles a wolf or a cheetah. Its ability to purify water is also reminiscent of a unicorn.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I always call them the legendary dogs so thats what im sticking with, even though entei looks like a lion of some sort.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
    If you search them up on Bulbapedia, or simply read KhaosKnight's post, it clearly says they all resemble types of cats.

I personally call the the legendary beasts...since we don't know exactly what they are...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It only says they resemble but there are no dogs and cats in the pokemon world so I guess we will never really know. But Im sure its one or the other because Egyptians worshipped both.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    but there are no dogs and cats in the pokemon world
    There are dogs and cats in the Pokemon world. Arcanine is a dog and Skitty is a cat (and if you didn't notice Skitty contains the word "kitty" and Arcanine contains the word "canine").

EDIT: w00t! 100th post!

Last edited:

evilmewtwo

Mew Clone
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Never really though of them as beasts, i always called them cats (lion, tiger and cheetah)

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    I was Wondering whos ur favorite trio is it:

THE BIRDS: Zapdos Moltres Articuno.

or

THE DOGS: Suicune Raikou Entei.

or

THE REGIS: Regirock Registeel Regice.

or

The Psychics: Azlef Mespirit Uxie.

I really love The Dogs they are my favorite.

Whats ur favorite Trio????

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2009
    I was Wondering whos ur favorite trio is it:

THE BIRDS: Zapdos Moltres Articuno.

or

THE DOGS: Suicune Raikou Entei.

or

THE REGIS: Regirock Registeel Regice.

or

The Psychics: Azlef Mespirit Uxie.

I really love The Dogs they are my favorite.

Whats ur favorite Trio????
    the regis were the best!!!Good Defense and Offense

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I like the puppies :)
    Which aren't really dogs at all, they are legendary beasts.

But this should've been posted in General, because this has nothing to do with D/P in-game.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This will be moved but Im voting for the Birds, they are the original! Although Suicune is the most feminine.

SignZ

Yondaime
    Years
    Well I like the 3 dogs most. It's maybe because of a story of mine during playing pokemon fire red. After the League i had to run to the next city because i had no pokemon with fly with me. So on route 1 the first encounter has been a fatefull one... Suicune came :D You don't believe how happy i was.
    Btw am i wondering where my signature is Öö

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well I like the 3 dogs most. It's maybe because of a story of mine during playing pokemon fire red. After the League i had to run to the next city because i had no pokemon with fly with me. So on route 1 the first encounter has been a fatefull one... Suicune came :D You don't believe how happy i was.
    Btw am i wondering where my signature is Öö[so did ya catch it, I was waiting for the good part! Lol]

SignZ

Yondaime
    Years
    Btw am i wondering where my signature is Öö[so did ya catch it, I was waiting for the good part! Lol]
    Oh^^ Yeah I caught it with one of my *cough* many Masterballs :D
    €dit: Ah there is my signature :D I think it doesn't show up when I do a quick reply eh?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh^^ Yeah I caught it with one of my *cough* many Masterballs :D
    €dit: Ah there is my signature :D I think it doesn't show up when I do a quick reply eh?

I take it that the coughs were to cover up the fact that you hacked back then! Lol Its a gravy, if I could have I would have.Also I prefer the legendary birds but if they take too long to get caught I faint it.

Back